NATIONAL RANSOM 1, 2, 3, 4??? or 5?

Pretty self-explanatory
bronxapostle

NATIONAL RANSOM 1, 2, 3, 4??? or 5?

Post by bronxapostle »

so, with the NEW version (we should call it the ATTRACTIONS :) version) played this past friday...it got my curiosity wandering. did we ever get a LIVE version from Asia where we assumed, as it was played solo with beatbox, to be the video released version by EC (at twitter i think was?) if not..we could actually be up to FOUR different versions already. who has a tape from March live???
Last edited by bronxapostle on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bronxapostle

Re: NATIONAL RANSOM 1, 2, 3, 4???

Post by bronxapostle »

i thought so...no one heard the MARCH shows yet?
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

I haven't heard any tapes, but Ayako on the listserv said at the time that the YouTube video was "exactly the one I heard in Seoul on Sunday and also in Tokyo today."
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

And No Coffee Table wrote:I haven't heard any tapes, but Ayako on the listserv said the YouTube video was "exactly the one I heard in Seoul on Sunday and also in Tokyo today."
cool...so, when you hear the one from friday, i guess you'd agree: NR No. 3 a/k/a the Attractions version!
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

bronxapostle wrote:
And No Coffee Table wrote:I haven't heard any tapes, but Ayako on the listserv said the YouTube video was "exactly the one I heard in Seoul on Sunday and also in Tokyo today."
cool...so, when you hear the one from friday, i guess you'd agree: NR No. 3 a/k/a the Attractions version!
Is Bruce back?
seanpointblank

Post by seanpointblank »

docinwestchester wrote:
bronxapostle wrote:
Is Bruce back?
No, he was too busy at home googling himself.

Edit: I know how dirty that sounds.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

or FIVE????

from thepopeofpop's australia 4-19 thread....

Very different version of "National Ransom" - a different melody and chords in part of the song - it lost the "You Belong To Me Vibe", but it didn't sound like that track he had up on YouTube either.

so does this indeed mean that it is NOT the Attractions version that was played 4-1 NYC, nor the original and not the video beatbox/waits version. so that would make this NUMBER 4 and if the version played solo on the far east dates differs again, this would be NR #5!!!
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

bronxapostle wrote:or FIVE????

from thepopeofpop's australia 4-19 thread....

Very different version of "National Ransom" - a different melody and chords in part of the song - it lost the "You Belong To Me Vibe", but it didn't sound like that track he had up on YouTube either.

so does this indeed mean that it is NOT the Attractions version that was played 4-1 NYC, nor the original and not the video beatbox/waits version. so that would make this NUMBER 4 and if the version played solo on the far east dates differs again, this would be NR #5!!!
ba, I think you're getting carried away! No reason to think what Pope reported is that different from Grammercy. And the Japan performances were same as No. 2. So you have three, tops!

Dave
bronxapostle

Re: NATIONAL RANSOM 1, 2, 3, 4??? or 5?

Post by bronxapostle »

ah, come on dave. you know i just LOVE get carried away with this statistics type shizz!!!

now, as you have been sitting on the inside info: DO TELL! we do have some verification that Japan shows featured No. 2??? well then, i hope you WILL allow that 4-1 (playfully dubbed by me ATTRACTIONS version) does indeed differ from both the original and No. 2, yes? thence, we have PAPAL INFALLIBILITY that the 4-19 version "lost" the youbelongtome vibe; therefore POSSIBLY bringing us to FOUR!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8)
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

bronxapostle wrote:ah, come on dave. you know i just LOVE get carried away with this statistics type shizz!!!

now, as you have been sitting on the inside info: DO TELL! we do have some verification that Japan shows featured No. 2??? well then, i hope you WILL allow that 4-1 (playfully dubbed by me ATTRACTIONS version) does indeed differ from both the original and No. 2, yes? thence, we have PAPAL INFALLIBILITY that the 4-19 version "lost" the youbelongtome vibe; therefore POSSIBLY bringing us to FOUR!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8)
Hmm. Maybe.
As far as Japan, the correspondents who reported said it was just like the youtube version. And if you need more concrete (or audible) proof than that, well, just hang in there....

Dave
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

thanks for relenting FH! the tapes WILL tell the tale! do we have an Aussie taper????
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

okay as per jeremy dylan....we are back to only THREE!!!

original
No. 2 (from the video)
Attractions version (No. 3)
the_platypus

Post by the_platypus »

Uh, why are we calling it The Attractions version?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

uh, cos when you hear it: sounds like it belongs on THIS YEARS MODEL!!!!
Jeremy Dylan

Post by Jeremy Dylan »

It does have a bit of a NO ACTION flavour about it.
the_platypus

Post by the_platypus »

I haven't heard it yet. Are there any clips online?
docinwestchester

the_platypus wrote:I haven't heard it yet. Are there any clips online?
NYC April 1:

http://www.mediafire.com/?5o3sft8tg8fr3di
the_platypus

Post by the_platypus »

Thanks. That's a really awkward arrangement.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

the_platypus wrote:Thanks. That's a really awkward arrangement.

in what way platy? it just ROCKS to me...like 1978!!!
the_platypus

Post by the_platypus »

Maybe I'm just so used to hearing those words in the original arrangement... it sounds like it doesn't quite gel. Perhaps I have to listen to it some more.
cwr

Post by cwr »

Does anyone else hear "Girls Talk" in this version??
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

yes CWR....when he began it that night, that is JUST the tune i thought it was.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

so, according to kingfoyle, we're NOW at # 5! some kind soul (DOC!) gather them all here when you can. even if you do youtube thing! thanks p.s. please make sure to use the FIRST NR (attarctions version) from 4-1-11 Gramercy. despite the slight rumble, it is the MOST attractionsy one i've heard! :D
docinwestchester

bronxapostle wrote:so, according to kingfoyle, we're NOW at # 5! some kind soul (DOC!) gather them all here when you can. even if you do youtube thing! thanks p.s. please make sure to use the FIRST NR (attarctions version) from 4-1-11 Gramercy. despite the slight rumble, it is the MOST attractionsy one i've heard! :D
No power at home right now (damn snow!). Once back, I'll go through my files.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

damn...you gotta move outta that COW TOWN! srsly, sorry about NO POWER! okay, so by my tally...it is FOUR, unless kingfoyle proves otherwise. there is the original (if you are going to use a live performance, why not go with your GREENE SPACE vid!), No. 2 which E gave us at youtube, No. 3 Attractions version and No. 4 whatever he threw together this past week. now, it could be FIVE if the solo version he did back in March in the Far East is TRULY different from that No. 2 beatbox thing he gave us at youtube. i still never heard a live solo show from March (favedave!) do what you can to pull it all together doc, WHEN you can. cheers and here's to Thomas Edison!!! :wink: :wink: