ba meets BRUCE who meets ELVIS who plays with E STREET

Pretty self-explanatory
bronxapostle

ba meets BRUCE who meets ELVIS who plays with E STREET

Post by bronxapostle »

okay....i owe you a story! my first BRUCE show was an awesome WEST POINT 5-27-1976 gig; a KILLER night and an intiation into what i hope did NOT culminate saturday night at MSG!!! it was actually the 55th time i've seen BRUCE; my 18th MSG BRUCE show with many LEGENDARY shows amongst these....TRUST ME! or ask for a list! anyways, as the first year or two of tours of EC & THE ATTRACTIONS i could get no one to attend with me, i did not go until after the third lp (just like with Bruce!). the night of 3-30-79 at the CAPITOL THEATRE in Passaic, New Jersey for my first EC show (I THINK BRUCE's too!); third row towards the wall for THAT initiation. i've seen EC a total of 88 times before MSG sat. but for that first time, dumb luck...walking out the NEW JERSEY theater that 1979 night, you had to walk towards the back to exit and only two guys were walking towards the stage. my friend with me says: LOOK KEVIN CAVANAUGH from the Jukes whilst meanwhile...i had already grabbed BRUCE around the shoulder, shaking his hand, him as happy to see me as i him, but not wanting others to notice. so, our quick 30 second hello was the LAST time i've ever gotten to shake Springsteen's hand. i went the night before EC appearance at the Bruce Christmas shows of 2001. and had no luck with acquiring tix for the Spectacle taping in September. saturday morning, i threw on an EC tshirt thinking i'd change before the show, but never did. when they started with THUNDERCRACK it was off to a great start. then my sister in law sees Elvis right there and showed me and we were freaking watching him dig the ENTIRE E street set like the rest of us. when he disappeared at sets end, my hopes remained. as Bruce plowed through the first four encores, i started to realize that it was looking better as Bruce has been ending every show since the GREAT ROCK N ROLL HALL OF FAME 10-29 MSG set (yes, i was there for that legendary set as well!) with that nights closing HIGHER AND HIGHER!! sure enough, Bruce begins the riff of this perhaps LAST E STREET BAND song i will ever see, and says those words i longed to hear "COME OUT ELVIS!" and we erupted: me, my wife, my brother, my sister in law, my niece and my nephew!! the first time the six of us together attended any show; some good luck charm indeed. but, imagine the serendipity involved if ELVIS duets upon the last E STREET song that i ever see, while having met Bruce the first night i had ever seen ELVIS!! i have now seen each while in my teens, twenties, thirties, forties and fifties & 20's-50's for E and 20's-60's for Bruce! life is funny sometimes, life is funny most times!
Shatteredmannequin

Re: ba meets BRUCE who meets ELVIS who plays with E STREET

Post by Shatteredmannequin »

Awesome story, Bronx.
Sounds to me like you were destined to be there for that. Glad you got to experience it.
Butts

Post by Butts »

Great serendipity, backed up with reliable lists. Fantastic!
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

Wow - dead pleased for you.

Available via youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV_PqbnBGWM

Take care

Colin Top Balcony
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

thanks TB! for that link too. that one is better, but this one is COMPLETE!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSeoTU5p ... re=channel
Ypsilanti

Post by Ypsilanti »

Wow, BA! You must have been over the moon! That You Tube clip is really something--how great that you were actually there to see it live. And as you say, the serendipitous aspect of it--the whole "full circle" vibe is pretty amazing. Sounds like a perfect experience. :D
life is funny sometimes, life is funny most times!
Love that! Great motto! :D
So I keep this fancy to myself
I keep my lipstick twisted tight
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

a little melancholia bump for anyone who might have missed it the first time around AND kinda eerie to re-read my recap this week! :( :cry: :cry:

an additional note: KEVIN CAVANAUGH also passed away this month. REST IN PEACE!
http://themusicsover.com/2011/06/04/kevin-kavanaugh/