Reissue Tracklistings - Could this be accurate?

Pretty self-explanatory
alylemoss

Reissue Tracklistings - Could this be accurate?

Post by alylemoss »

pauseandplay.com has Amazon links to all of the May 1st reissues, and within those links are tracklistings.

http://www.pauseandplay.com/01may2007.htm

According to Amazon, the Hip-O/Universal releases seem to be reverting to the track order of the Ryko/Demon reissues of the mid-90s. It looks like Blood & Chocolate is even being packaged with "An Overview Disc," i.e. the interview CD he released during that era.

The exceptions to this re-packaging approach seem to be Almost Blue and King of America, which are not listing any bonus tracks whatsoever.

If this is accurate, and I'm not 100 percent convinced that it is, it makes no sense. I accept that there would be some minor value in budget-priced reissues of the 77-86 albums with NO bonus tracks, but is there anyone that loved the Ryko reissues so much that they would buy them again, and not seek out the vastly superior Rhino reissues?

I'm glad I'm not just starting to build my E.C. catalog now - if I was I'd probably give up out of utter confusion.
lostdog

Post by lostdog »

If so, it's a disgrace.
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

Amazon jumps the gun on track listings at times; most likely they're feeding in the information from those, since they're the most recent single-disc versions in their database. That's not to say that these won't be identical to the Ryko versions, but I think it's too soon to tell. (I'll wait until And No Coffee Table weighs in before I believe it!)
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

wardo68 wrote:Amazon jumps the gun on track listings at times; most likely they're feeding in the information from those, since they're the most recent single-disc versions in their database. That's not to say that these won't be identical to the Ryko versions, but I think it's too soon to tell. (I'll wait until And No Coffee Table weighs in before I believe it!)
Don't look at me. My contacts are at Rhino.

That said, I think common sense says the Amazon listings are wrong. If they were going to include the Ryko bonus tracks on the other titles (even going so far as including the interview disc with Blood & Chocolate!), they wouldn't leave them off Almost Blue and King of America.

Shore Fire's press release also notes that the albums will "be released in their original versions." I don't know what that could mean other than without bonus tracks.
alylemoss

Post by alylemoss »

agreed, though we're not talking about an industry particularly regarded for its common sense.

universal/hip-o would do well not to be so vague about the nature of this latest spate of re-issues, especially since they have the unmitigated gall to expect people to shell out for them in the first place.
Randlepmcmurphy

Re: Reissue Tracklistings - Could this be accurate?

Post by Randlepmcmurphy »

alylemoss wrote:
I'm glad I'm not just starting to build my E.C. catalog now - if I was I'd probably give up out of utter confusion.

This is the problem i have. I've only recently started re-buying Costello's catalogue and obviously im buying the double issues but im not sure what i'm missing out on. 'King Of America' popped through the post today and looking at the credits on the back it says 'This reissue 1985,1986,1987,1995 & 2005. Im guessing i have the last reissue here and all the tracks so far but im not sure.

Life was a lot easier with Vinyl