Imagine no possessions....

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
LessThanZero

Imagine no possessions....

Post by LessThanZero »

Someone broke into my car and stole my Sirius radio yesterday... :cry:
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Oh, dangit. That's just not fair, LTZ. You're such a sweet guy. That really shouldn't have happened.

I'm sure you'll still find a way to give Jude good music.

I hope something good still comes your way. . . . .don't lose the faith.
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Pardon my lack of knowledge about this medium, but is the radio any good without the subscription service, and doesn't the service provider have some means of tracing/tracking the legitimacy of devices if someone did install it and try to purchase the subscription. Teh technology is not new, and the anti-theft sales benefit would be stronger than Lo-Jack, and they have a pretty good story even though it is pretty useless.

Best of luck to you. I can't stand to see anyone make off with possessions that I worked hard to own for my family and I. Hell, when I worked at a small indie record store before indie was a word to describe it, I was held-up and gun point 4 times and it still pissed me off to see the punks making off with the records, concert tickets, and cash. It wasn't my money, but by the way I held firm to it, you would have thought it was...

Sucks. Good Luck. I hope they catch the theives and the affected people will all band together to rise as one and slay them!
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

LTZ, I think Mr. A is right. If you have your subscription number anywhere they may have a way of tracking down your device.

From their website:
c) Loss of Equipment. You should report to SIRIUS and cancel or suspend (see Section 6(d)) your Subscription if your SIRIUS Receiver is lost, stolen, sold, transferred or otherwise removed from your possession without your permission. Otherwise you will continue to be liable for use of the Service.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

I called Sirius, and they said they could freeze my account for 2 months. I kept talking about how it was stolen, but the person on the other end didn't say anything about tracking down these terorists and bringing them to justice. I'm pretty sure the receiver is useless. They didn't steal the antenna....but when they ripped the dock out, I think they loosened other wires, because my FM/AM and my CD player don't work now...
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.