Costello/St Paul, Aug 4 - cancelled ?

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Costello/St Paul, Aug 4 - cancelled ?

Post by johnfoyle »

From listserv -

Elvis seems to have plans to cancel tomorrows show. J. says that she
asked ( after Kansas show) and he said he's not going to be able to do the show.

Check this -

http://www.stkate.edu/oshaughnessy/
midwesterngrl

Yep, it's cancelled.

Post by midwesterngrl »

Thanks for the heads up. I called the venue and they said the show is cancelled and is not being rescheduled. Now I must wrestle with Ticketmaster to get a refund. Argh.

I was really excited about the show - even brought most of my CDs to work so I could have my own tail-gating party, if you will. Now I'm glad I brought others - Pretenders, Josh Rouse, etc. - with so I have something else to listen to.
Midwesterngrl
kimmy

Post by kimmy »

I feel for you, midwesterngrl...my husband and I made the 200-mile trip from our home in northern Wisconsin, and got all the way to the theater when we parked our car and asked two passers-by if we were "legally parked" in a campus lot. The people cheerfully said to us, "Oh, are you here for the concert...the one that was CANCELLED??" :?

Now, to fight for the refunds.....
...even in a perfect world, where everyone was equal..
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

That's really too bad. I've never had anything like that happen. I think if I had ever shown up at the Ryman and found out the EC show was off, I would just go mental.

Sorry guys. :cry:
Richard

Post by Richard »

I didn't make it as far as the venue, a phone-call from my wife saved me that hassle. Still I was pretty bummed out. Last saw him on the WIWC tour in Chicago & I was thrilled at the thought of seeing the Delovery Man material live.

To not even consider a rescheduled date just seems wrong. That ability to not complete work we have already committed ourselves to is a luxury most of us don't have in our working lives.

The refund should be fight-free & posted straight back on your credit card, or so the venue claimed.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Richard wrote:To not even consider a rescheduled date just seems wrong.
What was the reason given for the cancellation? If it was sickness then any rescheduling would be down to his future commitments and if he could slot a date back in.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
ElvisKansasFan

Cancellation in St. Paul

Post by ElvisKansasFan »

We were very fortunate in Kansas City that Elvis did not cancel his performance there on Wednesday. He did not show up at the venue until nearly the end of Hem's boring, repititious performance. The lead singer was queued from off-stage to perform one more song. She did, then she was queued to play another song, then that was changed to two. It was a bit hilarious as she said into the mike after she previously told us "this will be our last song" that "she's been made into a liar again". That pretty much validated that something was going on with Elvis trying to get his voice ready for this performance. Also, anyone who wants to defend Hem, please go ahead, but you're wasting your time. They were just awfully too mellow. I was in the wings (stage left) waiting for Elvis' arrival as I had a VIP meet/greet badge. Elvis' security also was not there, so noone really knew what the plans were, if any, for a meet/greet session. Elvis did arrive and put on an admirable 2 hour 20 minute show with 29 tunes and numerous stories. He told us that it appears he gets sick each time he comes to Kansas (Kansas City) and that he thought seriously about cancelling our show. He had at least three different items on a table on the stage with him including something which he was squirting into the back of his throat frequently between songs as well as bottled water. My wife realized his voice was not well before I did, but he had difficulty getting through Indoor Fireworks early in the show. That was the low point for his voice as it appears the medicine he was using helped things greatly as he made it through the show with no other major issues. However, I overheard things after the show at the meet/greet session that strongly hinted at the fact that the St. Paul show was being cancelled due to his voice. I couldn't do any posting as I had a 3 hour drive back to Wichita, Kansas. Also, I believe things were decided during the show as he talked about this being the end of his 11 month long tour with the Imposters and he thanked everyone involved on the tour by name. He knew then that he wasn't going to be making it to St. Paul. Take care! Paul and Jacqueline in Wichita.
Paul and Jacqueline Linnabary
Your Elvis Costello Fans in Wichita, Kansas
The Heartland of America
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Thanks for that.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?