Christmas: Are you at work?

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
DrJ

Christmas: Are you at work?

Post by DrJ »

Christmas Eve and I'm now at work till midnight, but I have the big day itself off. Anybody else want to spread the pain by posting here and avoiding productivity?

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

i'm at the office, but am getting ready to leave.

i'm next in friday, then the friday following. the uni is closed for the holidays, first time EVER we've closed. our local rivals close, but we usually don't. this year, we're feeling poor. :)

happy christmas. :) accept the sentiment even if you don't do xmas, i mean well.

go play the beatles white album and dream of snow.
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

still here. till 2:30 pm central time.
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

oh, I'm almost done working.

(now I have to go shopping. and the wrapping! the wrapping is torture!)

Merry Christmas, people!
Like me, the "g" is silent.
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

Im working today (on lunch right now), but have tonight off. I was supposed to work till midnight both tonight and Christmas, but I decided to make today my last day, so after 5:15 I never have to go back!

Thats the way to do it, I guess . . .
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Strange coincidence Poppet but I'm having a major White Album revival for the last two weeks and I have been forcing it on colleagues off the A&E radio the last few days. In particular, Hey Prudence and Ringo's drumming during the last verse which is sensational: it's a fill which lasts an entire verse, I can't stop listening to the song. It provokes an odd reaction including one person who turned it off during Blackbird because it was 'annoying'. Plus I bought a copy of the album for one of my bestest pals for Christmas along with David Quantick's entertaining read on the making of the album.

It's a White Album Christmas.

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
sulkygirl
Location: The Absolute Armpit of the USA--Yakima, Washington (***cough***)

Post by sulkygirl »

Yes, am here at the "grind"...

Fortunately, not a lot of people screwing up their computers today, most of them are too busy w/ holiday stuff to be bothered.

The ISP I tech for is officially "closed" for the holiday tomorrow, our center closes at 9:00 this evening (midnight EST), but since we've been soooo slow for the past few days, they've been letting a lot of us go home early (strictly on a volunteer basis of course).

I've already put my name into the volunteer list, so, if you don't hear from me for a few days, it's because my computer is STILL in pieces (just moved back in w/ the hubby after a 2 month separation, & he's moved my bedroom into where my "office" used to be. Now, new phone jacks, plugs, etc. are necessary to get me back up & running). \

At any rate...Happy Holidays, all!! (2:14 p.m. Pacific Standard Time)

:D
"Love can be stranger than fiction..."
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

I'm not at work now, but did work earlier today (Christmas Eve, that is)--don't have time at my job to check in. I am now off for 10 glorious days, hooray for me.

I am listening to the man of the house assemble a foosball table for the kiddies. Sweet Jesus, it doesn't sound like it's going well. I offered my assistance, at which point I was rebuffed. We will pop open the champagne when he's done. Might be a long time coming, from the sounds of it.

Speaking of Ringo, he was the guest announcer for London on the NORAD website Santa-tracking thingie. It really sounded like him; I hope it was. I would like to believe that Ringo is tracking Santa.

Merry Christmas, fellow boardies! Sorry for all of you at work.
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

WOAH DrJ, I thought Paul played Drums on DP....hmm, maybe I'm just cashews.

I hope you guys are all having a frolicking good Christmas Day. I, as always, am working in the switchboard. :oops:

:(

MERRY MERRY MERRY EVERYONE!

ltz
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
LessThanZero

Good thing I'm making time-and-a-half!

Post by LessThanZero »

There's nobody here! Where are you guys??

Don't be away having fun for too long....
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

LTZ, happy boxing day. :)

back at the office, wheeeee!

doing NOTHING. today's listening pleasure is Let It Be Naked, sans Long & Winding Road, cause it depresses me.

forgot to bring in the white album, and haven't copied it to the computer yet. :(

could be worse, i could have real work.
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Paul plays drums on Back In The USSR, not Dear Prudence. Although I will now have to check this in a day or two when I can get to my "Complete Sessions" book.

There's a recent live Macca give on the radio now and it just reminds me of the beautiful experience of seeing him back in May. It's fun to hear him using the same spontaneous one-liners at a totally different gig.

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
LessThanZero

T.K.O!

Post by LessThanZero »

Poppet, I too am at not-real-work for another fun-filled 12 hours.

Happy Boxing day to you too!!

I had already downloaded Punch the Clock to this computer, so I'll put on TKO in a little bit when the phones slow down.

I also brought in 2 videos for later: Magical Mystery Tour and the Holy Grail! Wow wouldn't that be wild if that was one movie?
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Ever noticed what a toe tapper TKO is, possibly EC's toetappingest song ever.