And my next concert will be.....

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
firebetty

Post by firebetty »

am considering belle & sebastian or Le Tigre (with yuka honda- love her!) in nov.. who to choose? don't think i can stand sitting in the balcony for b&s... how waiting can make decesions for you.... :roll:
no one is catching any local acts?
god knows i haven't for a long ass time...
Elfslut

Post by Elfslut »

DrSpooky wrote:I saw the Moody Blues in Nov 2000 here in Huntsville. I have always liked them and looked forward to seeing them. The tickets were USD50 and the seats were really great (floor and close). They sounded great but the show was WAY TOO SHORT!! I don't think it was much over an hour and they had to have a 2nd drummer because the original drummer couldn't even play the whole time.

I have seen a lot of older bands over the years and although they often ound great, it is frustrating and very sad to see short shows and artists past their prime. I am reminded of seeing Frankie Valli not be able to hit the high notes and Tiny Tim not being able to get on stage without help.

I hope your Mood Blues show is longer than the one I saw. The music was great and their voices were still good -- it just didn't last long enough.

I'm looking forward to it...They've been a favorite of mine since the mid 80's...

I think I actually have a bootleg copy of the show you were at :D

The way I see it...however long they play will be enough for me..cos Pittsburgh gets lousy concerts..and when we're lucky enough to get EC or any of the other bands I like...we get short changed on encores etc...

And it's not as if they'll come to Pittsburgh any time soon :(

Our biggest ticket show so far this year...CHER!
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

Cher was here also and the press wondered why at about USD85 a piece the tickets were not going like hotcakes.

I would have thought that Pittsburg got better shows than that. When I spoke at a CMU conference a few years ago, Les Mis was there for 3 weeks and I assumed that indicated that the city got better attendance to events.

I think the best show around here from year to year is the Big Spring Jam which is in the fall. http://www.bigspringjam.org is about 3 days and 6-7 stages. I think the 3 day attendance was about 200,000 this year.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

verbal gymnastics wrote:Elvis Costello - Bournemouth in November 8) and Blur in December.
Well, if you've read the Bournemouth thread, you'll now know what my next concert won't be :(
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

VERBAL: I do feel your pain :( ......HOWEVER this is jolly good news for me! It now means I will be able to justify the expense next year and be able to go!!! *HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY DANCING*

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Misha

Post by Misha »

My next one is in 14 days...I'm seeing Simon and Garfunkel.....my roommate bought em for her and I. I have no idea what to think of this, as I totally missed the S & G bus, and apparently didn't know I was missing it. The tickets cost--mind you the actual ticket price and not a scapler's price--$ 250.00 each. No, we are not sitting on their lap, but oddly enough the tickets do say to practice guitar before coming...wonder what that means...

Our seats are not all that great, so I assume I get to have sex with someone at the show as part of the ticket price....Please....please don't let it be Garfunkel.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

Sorry to say it Mish, but you get Garfunkle.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Art for art sake!
signed with love and vicious kisses
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Yeah, I decided not to bother with Simon & Garfunkel. I've paid high prices for tickets before, but somehow I can justify paying that price for someone like Paul McCartney but not someone like Paul Simon.

Plus they're playing in a hockey arena, and I doubt one guitar and two voices could sound all that great in a hockey arena.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Misha wrote:Our seats are not all that great, so I assume I get to have sex with someone at the show as part of the ticket price....Please....please don't let it be Garfunkel.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
It could be worse - it could be both of them :evil:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

My mate told me he's got a spare for Radiohead at the end of the month.................hurrah!!!!!!!