Durham NC September 13th

Pretty self-explanatory
supplydavid

Durham NC September 13th

Post by supplydavid »

The Ocala show has gone from the Polestar site but a new one for Durham at the performing arts center...USA tour on the way I hope.
migdd

Re: Durham NC September 13th

Post by migdd »

Apparently with The Imposters. And the Wheel?
Jeremy Dylan

Post by Jeremy Dylan »

That's a beautiful venue. Not ornately furnished or anything, but the sound is excellent. There's a cafe in town with great coffee also.
migdd

Post by migdd »

Even more motivation to attend, JD. North Carolina has been very diligent about building their performing arts centers with state-of-the-art acoustics. Blumenthal PAC (Charlotte) and DPAC (Durham) are both lovely modern venues with excellent sight-lines and top-notch acoustics. They might not have the charm of older, renovated theatres like the Knoxville Theater or the mighty Tabernacle in Atlanta but you can't go wrong with either venue.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

AT LAST!! COME BACK TO AMERICA IN LESS THAN A MILLION YEARS...YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! is this NC venue indoors or out??? any more dates yet?
migdd

Post by migdd »

Durham PAC is an indoor venue. Can't find any news on additional dates but one must assume this isn't a one-off.
migdd

Post by migdd »

It's fairly certain this is not real. The Durham PAC website does not list this show in its' calendar of events; however, many of the "ticket broker" sites are still offering seats at humorous prices. How do they get away with this?
Azmuda

Post by Azmuda »

migdd wrote:It's fairly certain this is not real. The Durham PAC website does not list this show in its' calendar of events;

however, many of the "ticket broker" sites are still offering seats at humorous prices. How do they get away with this?
I vaguely recall, in 2011 when his father passed, EC had to postpone several September concerts, including Durham. If memory serves, a dodgy tour-date aggregater, instead of removing the listing altogether, just changed the year for the Durham listing to 2012.

EC eventually rescheduled Durham and the other dates for Spring 2012, but the dodgy tour-date aggregater website and its partners let stand their incorrect info (or had just forgotten about it and/or didn't give a shit), and then someone here discovered it and posted that EC was already returning to Durham, after only four months, which turned out to be wrong.

Something similar may have happened with the Sept 2013 listing, and they even convinced Pollstar to list it.

I think those sites just exist to get eyeballs and clicks and referral fees, and it doesn't matter that much to them if some of their info is wrong or out-of-date.

I doubt one can actually buy a ticket for this date.
Last edited by Azmuda on Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

I agree. As a resident of Durham, this is complete news to me. I attended the make up show earlier this year and it's tough to think that he would come back with the wheel so soon. Do agree with all the positive comments about the DPAC though! Great venue.