Frets and Struts Section of EC Website

Pretty self-explanatory
FAVEHOUR

Frets and Struts Section of EC Website

Post by FAVEHOUR »

Just noticed that something has finally been put up on this page, a photo of one of EC's guitars (the one with the "Elvis" sticker from The Big Breakfast) with a note about how he wrote six songs on it in one day.

That's all I see, though...

Dave
bronxapostle

Re: Frets and Struts Section of EC Website

Post by bronxapostle »

cool dave...gotta check that out. you know lunatic statistician ba.....i was just thinking about how i'm gonna try to compile a picture of EVERY guitar i've seen him play!!! IMAGINE THAT chore....it's gotta be over 100, right???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Has anybody ever got a plectrum from Elvis - I've been given a towel that Steve used on the 1999 tour ( I use it to wipe the dogs feet when they come in from a wet garden) but never had a plectrum !
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

i finally got one at GREENE SPACE NYC 11-1-10 National Ransom record release show. picked it off the stage myself..orange! think it was his, not Jim's anyway!
when i was cruel

Post by when i was cruel »

It's his if it's a 'Dunlop Tortex .60mm' I buy the same ones. Does it have a turtle on it ?
It's not the days when you leave me, but all I fear are the nights.
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

I go to the Frets & Struts page and it still says "Coming Soon".
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

That's weird. I see what you mean. Well, yesterday there was a little graphic of a photo of that guitar, with a handwritten note from EC about it....I just stumbled upon it, I didn't click on the link to it. I spun the website's wheel just for the heck of it, and when the song came up (Pony St.), it went to that page. Hmm....
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Maybe if you keep spinning the wheel it will take you to other hidden gems on the website.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
krm

Post by krm »

FAVEHOUR wrote:That's weird. I see what you mean. Well, yesterday there was a little graphic of a photo of that guitar, with a handwritten note from EC about it....I just stumbled upon it, I didn't click on the link to it. I spun the website's wheel just for the heck of it, and when the song came up (Pony St.), it went to that page. Hmm....
here is the link
http://www.elviscostello.com/content/wheel/page/11
try changing the 11 at the end of the link to something else and discover.......
stricttime81

Post by stricttime81 »

bronxapostle wrote:i finally got one at GREENE SPACE NYC 11-1-10 National Ransom record release show. picked it off the stage myself..orange! think it was his, not Jim's anyway!
I got an orange one from the Mastercard solo show in NYC.
AKA: Mike the Lawyer
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

krm wrote:
FAVEHOUR wrote:That's weird. I see what you mean. Well, yesterday there was a little graphic of a photo of that guitar, with a handwritten note from EC about it....I just stumbled upon it, I didn't click on the link to it. I spun the website's wheel just for the heck of it, and when the song came up (Pony St.), it went to that page. Hmm....
here is the link
http://www.elviscostello.com/content/wheel/page/11
try changing the 11 at the end of the link to something else and discover.......

Well. Mighty peculiar! I stopped after 20 but did come up with a couple handwritten lyrics....

Dave
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

sulky lad wrote:Has anybody ever got a plectrum from Elvis - I've been given a towel that Steve used on the 1999 tour ( I use it to wipe the dogs feet when they come in from a wet garden) but never had a plectrum !
I think I have about 35 of them from the Spinning Songbook VIP packages (along with a whole lot of National Ransacks!) :D

Dave