REM

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Who Shot Sam?

REM

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Anyone else catch REM on David Letterman last night? Wow, they sound great live. Must say I do like their new single.

I was a big fan back in the days of "Murmur," "Reckoning" and "Fables of the Reconstruction," then lost interest sometime in the early nineties, maybe around the time of "Shiny Happy People," which was simply painful. And Michael Stipe does come across as a self-important at times. But the new song, "Bad Day," is quite good.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

I think they were on the Today show this morning as well. Katie Couric and Michael Stipe. Matt and Al will be pissed.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
A rope leash

Unexpected

Post by A rope leash »

I saw it, and it was better than I expected. The new song is a good one.

We could use some REM right now...
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

I saw REM live last week (with Sparklehorse) and they were absolutely outstanding. Michael Stipe was very chatty and engaging and they just seemed like they were having a lot of fun. By the way, REM only filled 2/3 of the venue last week, and Radiohead filled it to the brim last night (another good show). The last time the two bands came through, Radiohead was opening for REM. Rock on!
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I saw R.E.M. on one of the few promotional dates they did for Reveal.. they played in the middle of an intersection in downtown Toronto.

FOR FREE! For an hour at noon. It was great.
Last edited by BlueChair on Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

I think i'm going to buy the new greatest hits disc.
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

REM is definately one of the best bands around....especially in the old days.....I'd love to see them again.....
johnfoyle

Re: REM

Post by johnfoyle »

http://mog.com/blog_post/content/439/219153

Recognized even by non-fans as a great album, R.E.M.'s Murmur changed the landscape of new-wave, alternative rock music. To celebrate its' quarter century historical release, R.E.M. is planning to release a remastered version of their 1983 debut full-length album on November 25 via Universal in a special edition, according to a press release. The "Murmur" 25th Anniversary Deluxe Edition contains the original album plus an additional disc with previously unreleased concert recordings from 1983 at their show at Larry's Hideaway in Toronto. The 16-song live show, was recorded three months after Murmur's initial release, highlights songs from the band's debut, plus cuts that would later appear on the band's second and fourth albums, 1984's "Reckoning," and 1986's "Life's Rich Pageant". The "Murmur" re-issue also features essays about the recording of the album by producers, Mitch Easter and Don Dixon, and former I.R.S. record label executives, including Jay Boberg .

Murmur 25th Anniv deluxe edition-

Disc One

1. Radio Free Europe
2. Pilgrimage
3. Laughing
4. Talk About The Passion
5. Moral Kiosk
6. Perfect Circle
7. Catapult
8. Sitting Still
9. 9-9
10. Shaking Through