with nothing scheduled for months, anybody smell SPECTACLE 3

Pretty self-explanatory
bronxapostle

with nothing scheduled for months, anybody smell SPECTACLE 3

Post by bronxapostle »

if i recall correctly, last season all the sudden there were tapings announced and quickly there WAS a second season. anyone get the feeling with all these months on his calendar with nothing slated, that we can indeed be blessed with a third season??? see you at the Apollo....I HOPE!!!
sweetest punch

Re: with nothing scheduled for months, anybody smell SPECTAC

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

cool...i missed that. thanks. okay, hope we get some shows right back at the apollo!!! 25 minutes door to door.
Jeremy Dylan

Post by Jeremy Dylan »

I very much hope this is true. Anyone want to start doing a wishlist for guests?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

okay...i'll go first: Ryan Adams.
Ypsilanti

Post by Ypsilanti »

I keep saying it every season...Tom Waits. That would be the absolute utmost. To see those 2 guys together on sage at the Apollo--wow! It would be really something to see Tom talk about his work "out of character" a bit. And maybe it could happen because they're kind of pals and Elvis has played with members of Tom's band and has covered several of Tom's songs. On the down side...I guess Tom rarely allows himself to be interviewed and also lives on the West Coast.

I have this feeling that Tom could do an awesome, slowed-down version of Man Called Uncle...can you picture it?
So I keep this fancy to myself
I keep my lipstick twisted tight
migdd

Post by migdd »

Mostly the same as last season that didn't already make it onto the show:

John Hiatt
Graham Parker
Van Morrison
Bob Dylan
Squeeze
The Sugarcanes
T-Bone Burnett
Lucinda Williams
Neil Young
Robbie Robertson

To name just a few.
Jeremy Dylan

Post by Jeremy Dylan »

I second the Waits and Hiatt suggestions and also think a very interesting episode could come out of repeating the build-a-band idea with the Sugarcanes. Start with EC solo and add:

- Jim Lauderdale (they could break out High Timberline)
- Mike Compton (there we have the Amoeba In-Store band - two guitars and drums) - Slow Drag with Josephine
- Dennis Crouch (there's a full rhythm section)
- Jerry Douglas (adding lead guitar)
- Jeff Taylor (piano player)
- Stuart Duncan (close it off with Don't Lie to Me)

Something like that.
Last edited by Jeremy Dylan on Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

how about an out there pairing of...PAUL WELLER and TOM PETTY?
lostdog

Post by lostdog »

Paul Simon
jmm

Re: SPECTACLE season 3 wish list

Post by jmm »

ba goes with Ryan Adams -- now there is a big surprise!!! Hope you get to as the bookend to Bruce

Wonder if McCartney will return the favor for the White House show, would be a popular choice. Or how about Jack White from that night too??

I agree that Paul Simon would be great. How about maybe Hubert Sumlin or Buddy Guy for a blues roots night?

Hope season 3 is as much fun as the first two!!
I too am a limited, primitive kind of man
Ypsilanti

Post by Ypsilanti »

Perhaps a little off the wall, but potentially fabulous...Spinal Tap.
So I keep this fancy to myself
I keep my lipstick twisted tight
krm

Post by krm »

John Lydon
Paul Weller
Seal
Robbie Williams
and
David Thomas
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Spectacle 3 is in "suspended animation": http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/Entertainment ... 07261.html

(...)
Are you doing another season of Spectacle?

At the moment it's in suspended animation. The most important thing is that having done 20 episodes, I'm happy with what we did. We had a great variety of people. And we came very close to getting a couple of people that would have been fantastic, but just at the last minute something happened. So I'm grateful for the opportunities that gave to me.
(...)
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
scielle
Location: Berkeley, CA; London, UK; Montreal QC; Toronto ON; New York

Post by scielle »

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111802 ... endly=true

Rocket Pictures shoots for more music focus
Elton John's company signs with UTA for expansion help
By JUSTIN KROLL
Elton John and David Furnish's Rocket Pictures is looking to rev up with a new focus on music-related projects for film, TV, theater and other platforms.
Shingle has signed with UTA to help it field development projects and to expand the Rocket brand through digital media, licensing and branded entertainment.

Formed in 1996, the company is led by John, Furnish and managing director Steve Hamilton Shaw. Shaw will handle the day-to-day operations, but all three will be hands on with the company.

John and Furnish decided to hone their focus to music-related projects in an effort to increase the volume of content company produces for the Internet.

"Rocket Pictures' aim is to develop and build upon a unique relationship with recording artists and to become the home for diverse, artistically driven and commercial music entertainment," John said.

Rocket Pictures is behind the 3D animation feature "Gnomeo and Juliet," set for release Feb. 11 by Disney. The company has "Pride and Predator" on its slate, but that project will be the last without a strong music connection.Like the Lions-gate pic "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies," "Predator" will add a sci-fi twist to the Jane Austen novel. Pathe is onboard to finance, but there's no distrib in place yet. Rocket hopes to get the pic in production by the second quarter of next year.

Rocket's other pic credits include the indies "It's a Boy Girl Thing" and "Women Talking Dirty," as well as the docu "Elton John: Tantrums and Tiaras."