RIP Heath Ledger

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
pophead2k

RIP Heath Ledger

Post by pophead2k »

Actor Heath Ledger has passed away in New York.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/ ... index.html

Very sad news.
BlueChair

Re: RIP Heath Ledger

Post by BlueChair »

An talented actor at the top of his game in recent years. Brokeback Mountain, I'm Not There, the forthcoming Batman Begins sequel The Dark Knight. Too young, that's for sure....
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Poor bloke. What a loss - he was great in Brokeback. Didn't know he'd had a kid with his on-screen wife from that.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

His excellent turn as c.'65-'75 Dylan in I'm Not There was far superior to his rather wooden role in Brokeback Mountain - sad, sad news indeed.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

One of my favorites.

Shocking. Sad.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

johnfoyle wrote:His excellent turn as c.'65-'75 Dylan in I'm Not There was far superior to his rather wooden role in Brokeback Mountain
I thought he was really good in it. A harder role to play than Jake G's. To me he nailed it as the standard, taciturn familyman struggling to come to terms with this unexpected, unsought new relationship. When I think of the film, he is the thing that stays in my mind more than Jake G, as well as the amazing scenery. To me it was the work of a quality actor. Still haven't seen I'm Not There and must.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Tim(e)

Post by Tim(e) »

I have always thought one of his best roles was in the movie that brought him international attention, "Two Hands"... brilliant!
One spooky coincidence in all of this - if anyone has at all seen the preview for "Batman - The Dark Knight", the resemblance Heath Ledger bears (in his role as the Joker) to Brandon Lee in "The Crow" is rather uncanny.