Elvis in 2008

Pretty self-explanatory
BlueChair

Elvis in 2008

Post by BlueChair »

Anything on schedule for our Elvis in the new year? A new album in the Imperial Bedroom/All This Useless Beauty variety, perhaps? I think he's due for another Costello/Nieve tour :)
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Who Shot Sam?

Re: Elvis in 2008

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

The Hillary Clinton election night concert has been canceled I take it? :D :D

j/k - a bit too soon to write her off.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Mike Boom

Post by Mike Boom »

A new album in the Imperial Bedroom/All This Useless Beauty variety, perhaps?
We should be so lucky. I forsee an opera on the life of Robert Louis Stevenson played by the Finnish National Orchestra and a collaboration with Julie Andrews on songs based around "Cat On A Hot Tin Roof".
echos myron like a siren
with endurance like the liberty bell
and he tells you of the dreamers
but he's cracked up like the road
and he'd like to lift us up, but we're a very heavy load
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I think the next album is more likely to be the ambient zydeco album he's been promising all these years...

...either that or a proper release of the Elvis and the Family Costello CD he inserted randomly into 10 packets of Weetabix in Wal Mart stores in the Detroit area.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
krm

Post by krm »

I think it will be a "spoken word" tour to promote his two coming books. The books itselves are 1) non-understandable free form jazz poetry and 2) a childrens picture book with no text!
SkaDan

Post by SkaDan »

What ever happened to those "Fall 2007" DVD's? anyone? maybe there another thing to look forward to in the Elvis of 2008. *shrugs*
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

SkaDan wrote:What ever happened to those "Fall 2007" DVD's? anyone? maybe there another thing to look forward to in the Elvis of 2008. *shrugs*
"Fall 2007 DVD" in this instance stands for F*** All for 2007". Which is what we got. :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

What is certain for 2008 is the dance-performance "Nightspot". Hopefully, it will be released as an album (CD, iTunes,...).

The deluxe reissue of This Year's Model seems also certain for 2008. Hopefully Elvis is going to promote it with a tour with The Imposters (also in Europe, please).

What seems also certain for 2008 are a couple of newly written songs for Loretta Lynn's new album. Hopefully, some new Elvis/Burt Bacharach songs will also see the light of day this year.

In 2008 Elvis will continue supporting bigger acts as a solo artist to earn some money for himself. Hopefully, he will choose interesting acts (for instance the Robert Plant/Alison Krauss tour featuring T-Bone Burnett).
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
SkaDan

Post by SkaDan »

New recordings with Bacharach and Lynn??? and to think i thought Elvis sincerly stated he was not 'recording' anymore? :roll:
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

SkaDan wrote:New recordings with Bacharach and Lynn??? and to think i thought Elvis sincerly stated he was not 'recording' anymore? :roll:
The songs he wrote for/with Loretta, are meant to be recorded by her. (See http://www.elviscostellofans.com/phpBB3 ... f=2&t=6624 )

The songs he 's writing with Burt, are meant to be recorded by Diana Krall. (See http://www.elviscostellofans.com/phpBB3 ... f=2&t=6908 )
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
SkaDan

Post by SkaDan »

well, i geuss he wasnt kiddin.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch wrote:What is certain for 2008 is the dance-performance "Nightspot". Hopefully, it will be released as an album (CD, iTunes,...).

The deluxe reissue of This Year's Model seems also certain for 2008. Hopefully Elvis is going to promote it with a tour with The Imposters (also in Europe, please).

What seems also certain for 2008 are a couple of newly written songs for Loretta Lynn's new album. Hopefully, some new Elvis/Burt Bacharach songs will also see the light of day this year.

In 2008 Elvis will continue supporting bigger acts as a solo artist to earn some money for himself. Hopefully, he will choose interesting acts (for instance the Robert Plant/Alison Krauss tour featuring T-Bone Burnett).
One down, three to go...
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

You're not supposed to quote yourself. Apparently.
signed with love and vicious kisses
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

so lacklustre wrote:You're not supposed to quote yourself. Apparently.
OK, I won't quote myself anymore.

What is certain for 2008 is the dance-performance "Nightspot". Hopefully, it will be released as an album (CD, iTunes,...).

(Two down,...) :D :D
thepopeofpop

Post by thepopeofpop »

so lacklustre wrote:You're not supposed to quote yourself. Apparently.
Why not? Will it make you go blind? :shock:
--Paul--
Now put on your ironic dancing shoes
And dig my brand new rhythm and hues:
https://www.paulinglis.org
The imposter

Post by The imposter »

Does anyone know the terms of his recording contract? Is he not obliged to produce a number of albums for Universal or whoever , or just an endless stream of re-issues and guest appearances?:(
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Now that the last hours of 2008 are passing by, we can look back on the year 2008.
What brought 2008 for us, EC fans ?

Great:
- A new TV-show: "Spectacle with...
- Recording of his next album "The Secret, The Profane, and Sugar Cane" with T-Bone Burnett
- Playing two concerts with Orchestra's (Glasgow and Liverpool)

Good:
- The Deluxe Reissue of This Years Model
- A new album "Momofuku"
- Singing on albums of other artists (Jenny Lewis, Lucinda Williams, Charlie Haden, Fall Out Boy,Bajofondo,...)
- Elvis in "A colbert Christmas"
- Writing new songs with Loretta Lynn, Roseanne Cash,...

OK, I guess:
- 6 weeks of supporting The Police
- The score for the ballet "Nightspot"

Not good:
- Performing in Welcome To The Voice (in Paris)
- A website that costs 35$ a year

Any comments?