Hilarious Elvis debate on youtube

Pretty self-explanatory
the_platypus

Hilarious Elvis debate on youtube

Post by the_platypus »

Hey all. New to the boards, relatively new EC fan as well (purchased When I Was Cruel 2 years ago and have been hooked since)

I thought I'd use my first post to point your attention towards a rather hysterical debate over at youtube on an Elvis TOTP performance of Watching the Detectives...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SyOv6JrJrjQ

A few fun excerpts:

"And declan mcmanus cannot sing, cannot dance ,has zero charisma ,and looks like a complete pratt taboot.may he rot in hell for having the cheek to name himself Elvis he should hang that ugly git face in shame. "

"(what matters is) their entertainment value... how many movies did Costello do"

"i cannot stand talentless ugly mofo's who look like a complete joke , who also have no identity of their own, no originallity , but what they do pocess is a huge + monstrous ego and are also so selfish that they name themselves Elvis."

"Elvis (Presley) is 8th degree black i give Declan McM anus 3 seconds before he grovels at the Kings feet."

"jealous! No you are jealous of Elvis Presley , i come across this a lot , people try to compare their favourate against Elvis , but there is only one Elvis even if some low talent ego centric and ugly looking pratt , who is also a novice when it comes to songwriting , and may i say has fooled you all , decides to name himself so"

I got several minutes of entertainment from this.

God bless youtube.

Enjoy! (and maybe join in? lol)
StrictTime

Post by StrictTime »

That was definitely sad as all hell. People who can't spell really don't help their arguments at all. I've actually had the 'Which Elvis is better' argument with my dad many times. He seems to rely on the 'he brought white people to black music' argument. I argue that some-one else would have done it eventually anyway, and reel off many of the things that every-one in that comment chain did. But that dude pissed me off, he was a total ignorant asshat. I think he was probably either dropped on his head or exposed to lead paint as a child....

And welcome! This is a nice little corner of the Internet, so be sure to stick around.
Why don't you write about it in your blag?
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

StrictTime wrote:This is a nice little corner of the Internet.
It is, but getting smaller by the day. Where's everyone gone?
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
migdd

Post by migdd »

Yes, where has everyone gone?
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Exactly. Where are you people ? :lol:
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Well, as the people who technically "own and operate" the board, I can tell you that we're still getting quite a few hits a day, although not as many as in some previous times. We're getting new - and most importantly LEGITIMATE users constantly, although some appear to just be lurkers. The tour with Dylan seems to have drummed up some new interest.

The board has gone through many highs and lows and people coming and going and disappearing and reappearing. Why, we're a regular soap opera story at times.
littletriggers

Post by littletriggers »

Hi , I'm also new to group this year , and can vouch for the great info availaible on this site . I don't live here 24 / 7 but usually take an update 3 or 4 times a week . London Record Fair yesterday , and picked up an interesting EC 91 American crew tour schedule , something else for the pile .
StrictTime

Post by StrictTime »

spooky girlfriend wrote: We're getting new - and most importantly LEGITIMATE users constantly, although some appear to just be lurkers.
...I lurked here for a little bit before I joined, I'll admit it.... :oops:
But yeah, no use joining if you're just going to lurk! Come out of the shadows, folk!
migdd

Post by migdd »

Mr. Average?
So Like Candy?
copenhagen fan?
wehitand. . .uh, never mind. :lol:
colrow26

Post by colrow26 »

Gotta admit I used this site for months just to keep updated on all news Elvis - wise. im constantly amazed by the information included.
Only in the last few weeks have i plucked up the courage to actually start "contributing" :)
...I want him to hurt...
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

Well welcome to you and to everyone else who is 'new'. Some of us have been around since the dramatic EC-sanctioned site days and its true, folks do come and go. But I can personally say that the people on this board are unbelievable in their devotion and (usual) kindness to each other. Don't be shy! Have your say!
thepopeofpop

Post by thepopeofpop »

invisible Pole wrote:Exactly. Where are you people ? :lol:
I'm in Amsterdam at the moment, so give me a break! :wink:
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

thepopeofpop wrote:
New Amsterdam ?
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
StrictTime

Post by StrictTime »

invisible Pole wrote:
thepopeofpop wrote:
New Amsterdam ?
Well, that'd just be much too much....
oldhamer

Post by oldhamer »

I've had computer problems, so haven't been on in a bit. But I usually just follow the discussions rather than contribute. I just stand in awe of all of your wit and wisdom. Bad excuse I know... :D
If there were a king of fools than I would wear that crown/And you can all die laughing/Because I'll wear it proudly.
alexv

Post by alexv »

and where are...

Stormwarning
El Vez
bobster
noise radio
laughing crow
MBA
Jackson
Mr. A
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

...and

mechanical grace
Dr J
PlaythingOrPet

The list goes on...

Jackson's been around a bit, and storm pokes his head out from time to time. bobster has said he has other commitments that keep him away.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Noise is alive and well - met up with him the other day on Facebook.

DrJ was around not too long ago, seems like.

Crow I do miss. Talk about a prolific poster. . . .

Mr. A I'm sure is around California - somewhere. . . .
the_platypus

Post by the_platypus »

Maybe they left 'cause of everybody's inability to stay on topic :shock:

... I kid, I kid.
alexv

Post by alexv »

You are right, PPus, we've strayed.

On the Elvis/Pelvis debate, all I can say is "What are these kids somoking?".

I guarantee you that if John Foyle collared EC on some corner of the globe and informed him that on the Internet there was a debate about which Elvis was the "greater" Elvis, our Elvis would think that John's MAIT jug tour had led him where no man in his right mind would go.

EC has a healthy ego, from all reports and evidence, but even he would freely admit that EP is on a whole other level as a pop musician, and influence, than EC. He would concede that in all probability EP was lacking in (1) brains, (2) intellect, (3) taste, and (4) sense. But he would say that none of that is needed to become a legend in the music business, and in pop culture. EP was a seminal figure in rock and roll history. Our EC, much as we love him in this neck of the woods (I just spent almost seventy bucks to see him (for something like the 40th time) do a lousy 10 songs in the only town in my home state that I would categorize as a bona fide 70s style American ghetto), is a footnote in comparison, a mighty footnote but, like all footnotes, of interest primarily to the hardcore fanatics who bother to read the fine print.

EP was a mighty singer and performer, in his prime, and he almost single-handedly revolutionized American pop culture, and in the prcess world culture. He cut some of the greates records in rock/roll history, and then went on to mighty "entertainment" career, the kind of stuff our EC could only dream of, in movies and Vegas.

Yes, lots of the movies were crap and most of Vegas was tacky, but the fact that the crowds came was part of EP's appeal: the masses dug him, like they dug the Beatles, who would have considered "cult" success a failure.

To praise and appreciate EC there is absolutely no need, in fact it is counterproductive, to bash EP. They exist in different universes. Presley, Lennon, McCartney, Dylan, whether they deserve it fully or not, flaws and all, carved places in pop music that not even great, accomplished and respected musicians such as EC can ever attain. It takes more than brains, intellect, taste and sense, all of which our EC has in spades, to get where EP landed. EC doesn't have it, he surely knows it, and probably doesn't care. Ah, but those silly kids and their Tube!!
StrictTime

Post by StrictTime »

....Well I think that's the definitive word on the subject.
A rope leash

Whatever happened to a rope leash or a diamond collar?

Post by A rope leash »

Well, in case anybody was really wandering, I'm really drunk. Fuck it. I hate the planet and everything on it, including myself. Elvis sold out, I don't care which one you're talking about.

Face it, dogs...they are part of a gigantic mass deception...stop believing, and set yourself free. It's a joke played on everyone...a snappy tune, a biting remark, a social statement...meanwhile, they got your shirt. Fuck 'em.

I'm through talking. I'm through living vicariously through phoney heroes. I want change. Real change. Not bullshit. How much do I have to drink before the world sees? Elvis is the King of Rock and Roll. Long live the King, but viva la revolution...stop fucking around and start leading, you self-centered assholes!

Gagh! I'm sick!
migdd

Re: Whatever happened to a rope leash or a diamond collar?

Post by migdd »

A rope leash wrote:Well, in case anybody was really wandering, I'm really drunk. Fuck it. I hate the planet and everything on it, including myself. Elvis sold out, I don't care which one you're talking about.

Face it, dogs...they are part of a gigantic mass deception...stop believing, and set yourself free. It's a joke played on everyone...a snappy tune, a biting remark, a social statement...meanwhile, they got your shirt. Fuck 'em.

I'm through talking. I'm through living vicariously through phoney heroes. I want change. Real change. Not bullshit. How much do I have to drink before the world sees? Elvis is the King of Rock and Roll. Long live the King, but viva la revolution...stop fucking around and start leading, you self-centered assholes!

Yup. Thanks for checking in Rope.

Gagh! I'm sick!
A rope leash

Take a hint!

Post by A rope leash »

I ain't gonna work on maggie's farm no more.
No, I ain't gonna work on maggie's farm no more.
Well, I wake in the morning,
Fold my hands and pray for rain.
I got a head full of ideas
That are drivin' me insane.
It's a shame the way she makes me scrub the floor.

I ain't gonna work for maggie's brother no more.
No, I ain't gonna work for maggie's brother no more.
Well, he hands you a nickel,
He hands you a dime,
He asks you with a grin
If you're havin' a good time,
Then he fines you every time you slam the door.
I ain't gonna work for maggie's brother no more.

I ain't gonna work for maggie's pa no more.
No, I ain't gonna work for maggie's pa no more.
Well, he puts his cigar
Out in your face just for kicks.
His bedroom window
It is made out of bricks.
The national guard stands around his door.
Ah, I ain't gonna work for maggie's pa no more.

I ain't gonna work for maggie's ma no more.
No, I ain't gonna work for maggie's ma no more.
Well, she talks to all the servants
About man and god and law.
Everybody says
She's the brains behind pa.
She's sixty-eight, but she says she's twenty-four.
I ain't gonna work for maggie's ma no more.

No, I ain't gonna work on maggie's farm no more.
Well, I try my best
To be just like I am,
But everybody wants you
To be just like them.
They sing while you slave and I just get bored.
Boy With A Problem

Re: Whatever happened to a rope leash or a diamond collar?

Post by Boy With A Problem »

A rope leash wrote: I hate the planet and everything on it, including myself.... I want change. Real change......
Good to have you back Rope. Have you considered gender reassignment surgery?
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.