Fabulous Video Clip of EC & Nick Lowe 1978

Pretty self-explanatory
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Thanks, Stewy. Wonderful. shame about the edits - would have liked to see more. Crap interviewer. Elvis's accent is interesting, I was awaiting the very London sounds of his onstage pronouncements (e.g. thinking of the Hope and Anchor '79 BBC broadcast show), but actually his voice here sounds close to how it is now: two parts Scouse to one part London. Maybe a little less Scouse than now, but not the gorblimey broad Cockney of the stage voice. He does look tremendously young there.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
EarlManchester

Post by EarlManchester »

They're so cute at that age.

Wish they could stay that way forever...

:)
Lester Burnham

Post by Lester Burnham »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Thanks, Stewy. Wonderful. shame about the edits - would have liked to see more. Crap interviewer. Elvis's accent is interesting, I was awaiting the very London sounds of his onstage pronouncements (e.g. thinking of the Hope and Anchor '79 BBC broadcast show), but actually his voice here sounds close to how it is now: two parts Scouse to one part London. Maybe a little less Scouse than now, but not the gorblimey broad Cockney of the stage voice. He does look tremendously young there.
His voice sounds kinda shot, too, which might be why his accent sounds weird.
migdd

Post by migdd »

I have this interview on VHS somewhere - the uncut version!
I'll have to do some digging and see if I can round it up and burn it onto a DVD. If so, I'll put it on the trading post thread.