Hello and query

Pretty self-explanatory
American Without Tears

Hello and query

Post by American Without Tears »

Hello.
This is my first ever post here.

I have a query about the EC catatogue. I've seen that the albums are being reissued without the bonus tracks. Does this mean that the excellent 2-disc series is being deleted? It would be a great shame if this were true because the ones I've picked up have been stunning.

Apologies if this is a very obvious or stupid question.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Welcome American Without Tears.

Yes, it would seem the Rhino 2 Disc series will no longer be on sale once stocks sell out. It would appear that the reasoning goes that that will be sufficient for the more ' completest' of Costello fan. Newer fans will , apparently, only be interested in the original albums and not the extras and will be catered for by the single disc editions that are now appearing.
American Without Tears

Post by American Without Tears »

Thanks for the welcome.
This is sad news. The extra discs are often more enjoyable than the real LPs: Goodbye Cruel World being a good example.

You'd think EC wouldn't want all those rare/extra tracks to go out of print again after their being 'rescued' by the reissues. Or does he have no say in it any more?

I also think the sleevenotes by him are fantastic.
TX_Fan

Post by TX_Fan »

The only Rhino w/ bonus CD I do not have is "Almost Blue"....I guess it's the Country Music theme I've never really embraced. Although I do enjoy his rendition of the George Jones song "Good Year for the Roses"

Funny, I grew up in Nashville, Tennessee (Country Music USA) and do not like country.

Is anyone here a big fan of the Almost Blue CD? Country Music?
StrictTime

Post by StrictTime »

I hadn't even thought of that (the Rhinos being phased out). Now I feel like I'm playing a game of 'race the clock', as it were, to get the ones I don't have. Grr...

And Welcome, American Without Tears. I'm pretty new myself.
Why don't you write about it in your blag?