Post Your Mug (no offense selfmade...; >)

Post pictures of yourself, your family, or just things you found interesting.
Tim(e)

Post by Tim(e) »

Spooky, as I mentioned to you before after seeing them on your web site, you do have a mighty fine looking family... hope mine turn out just as well :) Great to see you finally provide some of your own shots after facilitating so many others of us.

If I send any updated photos, they might have to be of our family dressed in barrells and braces as we are in the throes of buying a new house (Sydney prices are through the roof)... the old two bedroomed apartment just aint big enough for the four of us and the DVD collection :)

regards, Tim(e)...
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Tim(e): We just moved two years ago and it was such a horrific experience, I swore to my husband that I wouldn't move again unless it was to my final resting place. :) I just hope to never endure hauling all my personal belongings around again. It's very difficult to move six people! :o But my best to you during this experience!!

Lapinsjolis: This board is my guilty pleasure. I have no service people to do my gardening, cleaning, cooking or child rearing, so I actually don't know how I squeeze in this board sometimes. I think I can afford the time here because I check it often and function on very little sleep. 8)

And, for the record, I've enjoyed posting pics for each and every one of you who have trusted me to do so. I will happily continue to post as long as people are willing to send them. :wink:
Jackson Doofster

Post by Jackson Doofster »

I love The Proclaimers. I had a mild disagreement with a silly thirty something woman (Teresa) at a party last week. Letter from America (one of my favourite songs ever...) was on one of the music channels and my 6 yo came running outside to tell me. Cait loves LFA as well and we often sing it together in the car.

Now Teresa and her brood think that real music begins with Westlife and ends with Girls Aloud or Atomic Kitten. If they don't look pretty, the music means nothing....get what i'm saying.

Anyway.... Caitlin and I are dancing around the room to the Reid Bros singing away ("Sutherland no more....Skye no more..."), whilst Teresa and this group of tweenies stand flabbergasted.

Teresa: " Doofster, (not real name), I always thought you had taste in music....how can you listen to that crap? ....they are so ugly!!!!"

Doofster: "This is one of the great songs of the 80s Teresa....this song is a contemporary commentary on the socio-ecomomic impact of mass migration...it has a fanstastic melody and is beautifully sung..."

Teresa: "....but they can't even dance.....and they are sooo ugly!!"

Doofster: "Being young and pretty is no precursor to producing great music..."

Teresa (who is a little drunk and tries to shag everyone when sh'e pissed): "I used to really like you, but that song is crap and they are sooo ugly.........I'm disappointed in you"

Caitlin: (despite mounting peer-group pressure to put Justin Timberlake on..) "well, me and my daddy like it...so there".

GOD I WAS PROUD!!!

Afterwards, we left the room as they went back to their synchronised dance routines to the sound of "cos I made a stupid mistake,,,ohhhh darrrrllllling...losing you broke my hearttttt...on babeeeeeee....loveeeeee doveeee doooosie..."

Anyway, has it crossed anybodys mind that The Foyle Bros could really be The Proclaimers ?

Famous people surf the net too....
Last edited by Jackson Doofster on Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"But they can't hold a candle to the reciprical war crimes which have plagued our policy of foriegn affairs."
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Jackson: You are quite right to like the proclaimers - I am also a big fan of theirs - their music is great and boy can they sing!! I cant for the life of me remember the song title of the last single they had out but the video was amazing - it was the one where they are both walking along and all these disasters around them were happening and they didnt notice.....awesome!

You stick to your guns - I hate music snobs and people who try and belittle you just because you like something they dont! :roll:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

And the Proclaimers have that whole Elvis glasses/haircut thing going on...And Pete Thomas plays on their most recent record...Why, it is the Foyles after all!

Good for you Jackson Monk (not your real name either, but my favorite of all your monikers), teaching your daughter the good stuff. Letter from America is brilliant. And I think the Proclaimers should have been huge international stars. Just about every song is a gem.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

noiseradio wrote:Folks.

That's a picture of the Proclaimers. Not the Foyles. It's a gag. A funny.
:oops:
I'm not angry anymore....
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

oily slick wrote: sweet pear--i know what you meant about being invisible. its an odd phenomenon. don't know what to say. i admit i was a little spooked by the bebe thing. hang around. i now have all these lovelies craving my pedestrian midwest mugshot after only 9 months! which, by the way, should be forthcoming subsequent to moody and i going on holiday to the mountains together later this month. a two for one deal posted for at least 14 minutes.
Thank you OS. I appreciate your reply to my cry for attention. :)

Have fun on your holiday you two.
I'm not angry anymore....
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Where's Liam with Elvis? Was getting all excited after reading of their meeting. I notice that the Proclaimers are touring here in Oct. Are they good live? I'd go just for Letter From America.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

I'm just glad they're still performing. Perhaps they'll record again.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Proclaimers UK tour info so far.....

PROCLAIMERS The Junction - Over 14's Cambridge WED 15/10/2003 19:00

PROCLAIMERS Wedgewood Rooms Portsmouth SUN 26/10/2003 20:00

tickets can be ordered from http://www.wayahead.com/e
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Elvis Costello

I was a bit bored

Post by Elvis Costello »

Nice to visit your site. I was a bit bored so here is my mug. I am looking forward to hearing your tribute CD to me.

Say, how come I can post here?
Jackson Doofster

Post by Jackson Doofster »

Nice 2 hear from you. You're quite popular here u know.
"But they can't hold a candle to the reciprical war crimes which have plagued our policy of foriegn affairs."
selfmademug

It's goin' round town.. she's so gullible

Post by selfmademug »

Dang and all this time I was thinking I was your Mug, made by you and all...

Signed,

TwiceShyMug
A rope leash

Your dog

Post by A rope leash »

Well, that sure looks like Elvis. Too bad we can't know for sure, but just in case it is:

O my God! O my God! O my God!

*shrieks*

ELLLLVISSSS!

*passes out*

*dreams of sweet love and precious candy...*

*wakes up*

This is me!

Can I be your dog?
Last edited by A rope leash on Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sulkygirl
Location: The Absolute Armpit of the USA--Yakima, Washington (***cough***)

Post by sulkygirl »

Okay, fess up...

Who submitted this photo??

May use it on the CD art...

8)
"Love can be stranger than fiction..."
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

Uh oh...I feel another "Himself" episode coming on...

at any rate, if it's really him, why didn't he post something from the tour? Like, him with a beer in his hand or something, eh? :D
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
sulkygirl
Location: The Absolute Armpit of the USA--Yakima, Washington (***cough***)

Post by sulkygirl »

Didn't I read somewhere that he's pretty much given up drinking?

Oh, except, of course, $500 bottles of wine in New York cafes with his intended...

:?
"Love can be stranger than fiction..."
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Sulky, as any French person will tell you, wine isn't really alcohol. If you drink it with every meal.
Watching_Detectives

Post by Watching_Detectives »

Haha. So if it's with every meal, it's ok? 8)
It nearly took a mircacle to get you to stay
It only took my little finger to blow you away.
A rope leash

Check that

Post by A rope leash »

It's not okay if wine IS every meal, though...
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

damn, rope, NOW you tell me *hic*
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

sulkygirl wrote:Okay, fess up...

Who submitted this photo??

May use it on the CD art...

8)
Taz could probably tell you who it was. And I wasn't 'Anon' -- I know I'm a prime suspect...
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

bambooneedle wrote: Taz could probably tell you who it was. And I wasn't 'Anon' -- I know I'm a prime suspect...
I'm sorry, I was sworn to secrecy...but apparently I can get free tickets to any show I want...j/k :lol:
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Well I was "anon", if you mean the person who gave the 'psssst' about the Foyle Bros/Proclaimers...

My rule is, when in doubt, suspect the Doofster! :wink:
idle hands

Post by idle hands »

miss buenos aires wrote:Sulky, as any French person will tell you, wine isn't really alcohol. If you drink it with every meal.
Of course it's not alcohol, it's only grape juice, no harm in that.
que no panda el cunico