The twins are born!!

Pretty self-explanatory
Dr. Luther

Post by Dr. Luther »

martinfoyle wrote:
mood swung wrote:too cute! who's who?
I'm not sure, to be honest, I think I'm on the left.
Aw, c'mon -- you gotta know.
(Whichever one of you is more dignified -- that's him on the left...)
8)
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

johnfoyle wrote:
http://www.shorefire.com/artists/ecoste ... 08_06.html

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 8, 2006

Statement from Diana Krall and Elvis Costello

Diana Krall and Elvis Costello announce the Dec 6th birth of two beautiful baby boys, Dexter Henry Lorcan and Frank Harlan James, in New York City. Krall and Costello said "we are ecstatic!". Mother and sons are doing splendidly.
Mother and sons are doing splendidly but nothing about Elvis. Has he passed out and not recovered yet or something?
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

My guess is that by now he has lost all his hair through stress, and has his eyeballs propped open with 2 motel matches through lack of sleep!! :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Don't these people take Christmas pictures????? Don't they realize that as parents they're supposed to bore the hell out of friends AND strangers with baby pictures?
Like me, the "g" is silent.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

here's an exclusive picture of one of the twins at christmas.

from monkey to man?
verbal gymnastics

Which one of the twins is it? :lol: It's just that I need to put in a heading in my Elvis 2007 scrapbook.
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

Two months old today. I'm sure they are showing a musical aptitude by now.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

You are quite right Icenine - Im sure I read an article where it said that they can fart and burp in harmony!! :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
verbal gymnastics

I'm 43 years old and I can't :lol:
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Prove it and put the video on YouTube. :)
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

Gillibeanz wrote:they can fart and burp in harmony
What a great bar trick. Frank & Dexter sound like quite the rapscallions.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
thepopeofpop

Post by thepopeofpop »

ice nine wrote:
Gillibeanz wrote:they can fart and burp in harmony
What a great bar trick. Frank & Dexter sound like quite the rapscallions.
Just taking after their parents :wink:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

no pictures ever turned up?????????
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

From Ms Krall's site -

ttp://www.dianakrall.com/news.aspx

Thank you for all your good wishes and inquires since the 6th of December. Dexter and Frank are grand little boys and full of beans. Sleep often seems like a distant memory but we are all having a wonderful time.

The boys certainly seems to love the music we play for them, whether it is Cat Anderson, Howlin' Wolf or "Nellie the Elephant". I have even been able to play the piano for them on occasion without complaint. I look forward to seeing you sometime this summer.

Be sure to check back soon for upcoming announcements.

3/13/2007
verbal gymnastics

johnfoyle wrote:From Ms Krall's site -

ttp://www.dianakrall.com/news.aspx

Be sure to check back soon for upcoming announcements.

3/13/2007
What? They're not thinking of having more children are they? :lol:
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ ... ent/Music/

Globe and Mail, Canada
May 2 '07

Baby, she's back

After a six-month maternity leave, Diana Krall is easing her way into touring again with a benefit for Toronto's Mount Sinai Hospital, J.D. Considine writes

New York City is a big and busy place, and it's not unusual for there to be a certain amount of background noise on a telephone call. But as jazz star Diana Krall speaks from her Manhattan apartment, the sound in the background isn't cars honking or people talking, but the quiet gurgle of a contented baby.

"I'm feeding my little boy," she explains. "Sitting here with my little boy."

Frank, the little boy in question, is one of the twins Krall and her husband, rock Renaissance man Elvis Costello, had in December, and while being a mother has definitely changed her life, it hasn't affected her attitude toward making music.

"I toured right up until my seventh month," she says. "I promoted an album until I was seven months pregnant. With twins. I kept very active and busy, more than, my doctor said, any other patient with twins that he's ever had."

That's not to say there weren't some anxious moments. At one point during that tour, she experienced some unexpected contractions, and was whisked off to Mount Sinai Hospital in Toronto.

Although she's grateful for the care she got -- "The woman there was very kind to me," she says -- that's not why she will be playing a benefit for the Mount Sinai Auxiliary's "Healthy Babies" pledge drive.

"Because it's for such a good cause," she says, as if the answer were self-evident. "I just did a Children's Hospital benefit in Washington, D.C., and I do a lot of work for our hospital in Vancouver. Now that I have children, it's something I can do by playing the piano that is a very wonderful thing. It helps parents, it helps raise awareness, and it also helps the hospital. So it's a lovely way for me to help."

It's also a nice way for her to get back into her old routine of roadwork after taking six months' maternity leave.

"It's not like I've been slacking off, or leaving it because I'm uninspired," she says.

"I've been very busy with my family, and ... it feels good. I'm very much in the moment, and I'm loving my life right now."

Still, six months without playing piano is, she says, "the longest I've ever been away from music," and it has left her both eager to play and a touch anxious about getting back up to speed.

"I'm going to tour June through September and, once I start up in June again, I'm really busy. So I'm getting prepared. I'm doing smaller gigs between now and then, just to get [back in shape]."

Making music is both a physical and mental activity, and Krall admits that she could feel the effects of her time off when she started rehearsing again. "I was in Vancouver, and I called my friend Russ Botten -- I don't know if you know, he's a really good bass player in Vancouver -- and we played for an afternoon," she says. "It felt pretty good, but it didn't feel great, you know? Like my head knew where I wanted to go, but my fingers didn't."

Krall, though, understands that she is her toughest critic.

"People are very kind to me, and I'm very hard on myself," she explains. "Like recently, we played in Washington, and after the gig I just kind of looked at [drummer] Jeff Hamilton, and went, 'Oh, I don't know.' And he said, 'You did really great.' "But it was really fun. It's about feel, and we sounded pretty good. Apparently."

As readily as she jokes about being hard on herself, she's utterly serious about her recordings. It drives her nuts, for instance, that some people think she does her singing from within a vocal booth. "That's so wrong," she says, audibly peeved. "I was not in a booth, and I keep saying this, because I record really organically, I'm right in the room with the band."

It's a sticking point for her because she thinks that recording live with a band is crucial to getting a genuinely improvisational feel. She cites bassist John Clayton, of the Clayton/ Hamilton Jazz Orchestra. "He says the importance of the way I do it, as opposed to a lot of singers who just record the [instrumental] tracks first and then come in and sing, is that I drive the band and the band drives me, or the band drives me and I drive the band. It's not in any particular order. But we all feed off each other."

Then there's the little matter of her success, the fact that she's one of the few jazz artists in the world whose albums make the top 10 on the pop charts. "What do I say?" she asks. "I don't apologize for it, nor do I boast about it. I just feel very fortunate, you know? It's allowed me to play music, and to play with the people who were my mentors."

And while that success, along with her 2003 marriage to Costello, has made her more of a household name than most jazz musicians, she hasn't found celebrity to be much of a burden.

"The only thing I've really had to work hard on in the whole deal was doing interviews," she says. "Because I'm such a shy person, and I prefer to just play music, I found doing the press part more difficult. But I'm more comfortable in myself now, so I'm enjoying it more."

She pauses a moment. "I don't know if I'm enjoying it ..." she corrects, and laughs heartily. "But I'm more at peace with it, I guess."
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

"rock Renaissance man Elvis Costello"

That may just be one of the most accurate and complimentary descriptions of him I have ever seen.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.celebritydirt.org/2007/05/13 ... the-twins/

Elvis Costello and Diana Krall take out the twins

Elvis Costello, 52, and Diana Krall, 42, took their twin boys, Frank Harlan James and Dexter Henry Lorcan, 6 months, out for a Mother’s Day stroll in NYC in matching Orbit strollers.

The boys ride in Orbit stroller systems in black/slate ($900).
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

http://www.hellomagazine.com/canada/200 ... all-twins/
Mother's Day bliss for Diana in NYC:
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

OMG! That's just an image I hadn't thought of yet. He does look happy, though. Why can't they show those little faces?
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

the top one looks like Plane-Departing Elvis and the stroller's been photo-shopped in.

I say it's all just a big, giant, MASSIVE conspiracy to get rich hawking the same ole same ole at extravangant prices to a very jaded public.

Wagging the dog, people. Tomorrow he'll be hawking EC toilet training targets: My Aim is True, Mommy!
zeldawheeler

Faces!

Post by zeldawheeler »

Hello! I'm de-lurking to post a photo of what's behind those fancy strollers.
http://celebritybabies.typepad.com/phot ... 16_cbb.jpg
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

well, thanks for that! de-lurk anytime!
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

They have faces!!!
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

well, technically, it's just one face. and that looks like a Krall arm to me. so my theory could still be plausible, if we just assume they're faking TWINS now.

boy, do I need a week away from the internet.