Incredible new, exciting game!!

Pretty self-explanatory
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Does nobody like Blue Chair, or what? ( 8) )
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Guess not :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
lapinsjolis

Post by lapinsjolis »

Aww you know you're adored Bluchair.

It's a song about a past lover consoling the newly thwarted lover both victims of the same deceitful woman. It's written with venom and you're not sure how just it is, a rare scene musically or in any place of an older lovers hatred trying to soothe a new heartache. It almost made 'King Of America' but was fine tuned into a really classic Elvis song for 'Blood and Chocolate'.

(Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
Paul B

Post by Paul B »

Blue Chair (the song) is a really vivid story, almost be a short story. Interested in what you say lapin about one being an old ex, I'd assumed they were vying for her somewhat. Two guys meeting, with increasing numbers of drinks and cigarettes, the subtext of their conversation being who gets the slightly crazy girl they've both been with and of course who's round it is next. I do like the really crisp single version too, ok maybe it's tarted up a bit too much but the B&C version is abit monotonous musically.

Blue Chair (the moderator) is of course a rerally nice guy who we all appreciate immensely for putting his time into making it possible for us to yatter away concerning all matters Elvisular. Thanks Blue!

The best thing I've read about Red Shoes is in that otherwise rather stodgy David Goldstone EC book (came out in 88 or thereabouts), but it's a bit late to tey to unearth my copy right now...
lapinsjolis

Post by lapinsjolis »

I thought the line "I suppose she never said to you", denoted a past with the woman as if she said it to him. I never doubted they both still desired her but desire does not erase hate. I could be wrong, it happens so often and I'm not Mr. Misery.

I look forward to your take on (Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes.
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

"Red Shoes" was one of the first Elvis songs that grabbed me. My Aim Is True was my first Elvis CD, and it was one of the first songs that I noticed. I think I liked the fact that Elvis wasn't afraid to wear his influences on his shoulder. One could tell that Elvis had The Byrds in mind when he wrote this song.

The backing vocals are just addictive, too.

Well I know that she's disgusted (oh why's that)
Cause she's feeling so abused (oh that's too bad)
She gets tired of my love (oh I'm so sad)

It's one of those few original favourites that remains one of my favourite Elvis songs.

How about someone's take on "Seconds Of Pleasure"
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

Yes, I love the backing vocals... good point.

My Pick... "HURRY DOWN DOOMSDAY(thebugsaretakingover)".

<3,
s.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I love the fact that Jim Keltner gets credited on "Hurry Down Doomsday (The Bugs Are Taking Over)."

Keltner is a legend session drummer who has played with everyone from George Harrison, John Lennon, and Bob Dylan to Elvis Costello, Tom Petty, and Randy Newman.

Yet he is known as a drummer, not a songwriter! Whether or not he contributed much beyond the interesting percussive bits, I have no idea, but it's an interesting song nonetheless.

I think I might prefer the MTV Unplugged version found on the Mighty Like A Rose bonus disc. Marc Ribot's guitar part is awesome.

NEXT SONG:

"This House Is Empty Now"