dumbest shows on TV

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Emotional Toothpaste

dumbest shows on TV

Post by Emotional Toothpaste »

After laughing my ass off through all of last nights episode of 24 . . . I have to say, if this is the highest rated DRAMA on TV, we haven't come very far since the days of Dragnet's Joe Friday.

Where to begin? Is it the horrible acting? Is it the ridiculous blue-lighting of the CTU? Is it the over-seriousness of Jack Bauer-every-woman-lusts-for-me-but-I-don't-have-time-'cause-I'm-saving-the-world-from-terrorists? Is it those scary looks from Chloe when she is pecking away at the keyboard? Is it the pregnant pauses in the dialogue that gives me too much time to fill in their unscripted thoughts? Is it the writing? The terrorists through 4 episodes have had at least 7 double-crosses within their own ranks.

I think I know what it is . . . . its that goofy tick-tock-tick-tock thing that happens before each commercial. :lol:

I have no problem with it being the highest rated COMEDY, but there is better drama to be seen on the Antique Roadshow on public broadcasting.
Extreme Honey

Post by Extreme Honey »

Wife swap, late night hockey thing, american dad, CNN, and infomercials (the shopping channel).
Preacher was a talkin' there's a sermon he gave,
He said every man's conscience is vile and depraved,
You cannot depend on it to be your guide
When it's you who must keep it satisfied
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Everybody Loves Raymond - no idea why anybody would like that show
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Tim(e)

Post by Tim(e) »

Didn't Lost win an award recently... and that would have to be one of the most dreadful pieces of TV for a long time. Talk about paint by numbers!