Elvis at Elton John wedding ?

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Elvis at Elton John wedding ?

Post by johnfoyle »

Diana Krall said , in a U.S. TV appearance over the weekend , that she and Elvis would be in London this Christmas to see his family. Perhaps they'll pop along to this happening also -

http://www.advocate.com/news_detail_ektid23258.asp

12/10/05-12/12/05

Elton John's wedding location published

The legal notice for Elton John's commitment ceremony to partner David Furnish has been published, thus likely ending their desire for a low-key ceremony. The BBC reports the official notification of their ceremony was put on display at Maidenhead Town Hall, outside London, alongside the other impending weddings and partnerships.

They intend to hold the ceremony on December 21 in the same place where Prince Charles married Camilla Parker-Bowles. Local council leader Mary Rose Gliksten says they're working with police to manage the crowds that are expected to show up. John has said he and Furnish want a quiet ceremony with only their parents as witnesses. (AP)
Extreme Honey

Post by Extreme Honey »

Is gay marriage legal in Britain?
Preacher was a talkin' there's a sermon he gave,
He said every man's conscience is vile and depraved,
You cannot depend on it to be your guide
When it's you who must keep it satisfied
verena

Post by verena »

I had the same question (in France it's not).

There were rumors that the marriage ceremony was planned in Russia (apparently there is a loophole in the legislation); But the Authorities got the jitters and opposed it.
John

Post by John »

Extreme Honey wrote:Is gay marriage legal in Britain?
See today's news
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/4540226.stm
verena

Post by verena »

Oh, it is civil partnership, not marriage. Poor Elton John.
Extreme Honey

Post by Extreme Honey »

I think it's a laugh at the face of democracy that even today and even the alleged "Liberal" countries, gay people can't marry or have less rights than a married couple when they do so. Thank god there's Canada in the world.
Preacher was a talkin' there's a sermon he gave,
He said every man's conscience is vile and depraved,
You cannot depend on it to be your guide
When it's you who must keep it satisfied
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

civil partnership...marriage...is there a difference between the two apart from God watches you have sex in marriage.
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

No sign of Elvis at a "bachelor's party" :
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4544678.stm
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
John

Post by John »

According to this website Elvis was invited. Has he been spotted ?

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/even ... _page.html
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

From CNN International:

ENTERTAINMENT
Stars at Elton party caught in jam

Thursday, December 22, 2005 Posted: 1120 GMT (1920 HKT)

LONDON, England -- Ozzy Osbourne, Sharon Stone, Ringo Starr and Michael Caine were among the star names caught up in Britain's most glamorous traffic jam as guests arrived for Elton John and David Furnish's party to celebrate their civil union.

They were among a galaxy of celebrities who attended last night's reception party after the couple had earlier "tied the knot."

John and Furnish were officially united in an emotional civil partnership ceremony at the Windsor Guildhall after 12 years together. (Full story)

Only a handful of guests witnessed the private ceremony -- held in the same venue where the Prince of Wales and Camilla Parker Bowles married in April.

However, the stars were out in force for the lavish reception at John's mansion in Old Windsor, west of London.

Seated in the back of a Rolls Royce cradling a parcel in silver packaging, Victoria Beckham smiled and chatted with a friend as she was driven through the flaming torches marking the entrance.

From John's music world, guests arriving included Elvis Costello and Jamie Callum. Meanwhile, from the entertainment world, chat show host Michael Parkinson and actor James Nesbitt were caught up in a line of traffic snaking back almost half a mile from the gates.

While David Beckham was not accompanying his wife, the sports world was represented by tennis star Greg Rusedski and England cricket captain Michael Vaughan.

Seated next to Helena Bonham Carter was her husband, director Tim Burton, while Caine sat quietly waiting to be admitted to the mansion. Also snarled up in the A-list traffic jam, Liz Hurley sat sending a text message as she waited to be ushered through the gates.

Just ahead, the Osbourne family -- Ozzy, Sharon, Jack and Kelly -- chattered among themselves, surrounded by throngs of photographers.

Singer Lulu pointed at the traffic and said: "This could only happen for Elton."

Just behind, Beatle Ringo Starr flashed a peace sign as he sat in the congestion, and celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay waved "Merry Christmas" to the waiting media.

At the back of the hour and a half traffic jam was music legend Sting just behind Sharon Stone, representing Hollywood.

Just ahead, the world of fashion was represented by supermodel Claudia Schiffer and Donatella Versace. Adding a touch of real life royalty was Sarah, Duchess of York.

Singer Ronan Keating was also caught up in the jam. A handful of star struck local residents gathered round the gates as the final cars moved inside. Karen Jackson, of Windsor, told the UK's Press Association: "This is probably the best traffic jam I've been stuck in."

Earlier John and Furnish had tied the knot on Wednesday in a ceremony that capped the first week of civil partnership ceremonies in the United Kingdom.

The couple exchanged vows during a ceremony at Windsor's town hall -- the Guildhall -- where Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles wed in April.

The couple emerged after the ceremony smiling, waving and mouthing "thank you" to onlookers, as an attendant threw rice at them.

They had said the ceremony inside would be low-key, with only John's mother and stepfather and Furnish's parents attending.

Prime Minister Tony Blair, speaking to reporters at a news conference, wished the couple well and congratulated them for exercising their newfound legal right.

Guests at the couple's bachelor night on Monday had included Osbourne and his wife Sharon, Hurley and musicians Bryan Adams, Gary Barlow and Kid Rock. (Full story)

Civil union ceremonies are seen as a watershed in the struggle for gay rights in the UK.

The partnerships are not a "marriage" in the religious sense, but give gay and lesbian couples the same legal benefits and responsibilities as heterosexuals who wed in a register office.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.filmmagic.com/SearchResult.a ... llo&sfld=C

' Elvis Costello and Guest Sir Elton John and David Furnish's Civil Partnership Ceremony - Reception Arrivals'

12/21/2005

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This March '04 photo is new to me -

http://www.supportvgh.ca/index.cfm?fuse ... =InTheNews

http://www.supportvgh.ca/contentImages/ ... %20web.jpg

mood swung

Post by mood swung »

maybe they should do an album together - there's the cover photo.

love her dress, love her shoes. elvis hasn't quite got the foot position right (the size of his feet!!) and elton just gave up trying to do those model poses, which are tough to pull off in elevator shoes.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

Shouldn't that picture be on the Museum of Bad Art thread?
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

are you insulting my taste, BWAP? :P
alexv

Post by alexv »

No offense MS, and I agree that Ms. Krall looks cute as a button, but I do believe that Sir Elton's "armadillo" hair, EC's hair (indescribable) and Sir Elton's baggy, puffy, Hawaiian shirt-type "shmatte", when combined with that hideous portrait to Sir Elton's left, merit inclusion of this picture in our Bad Art thread. Sometimes, beautiful women get caught with the wrong guys.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

alexv wrote:EC's hair (indescribable)
There's something clownish about it. Must be easy to maintain. Just shower in the evening, go to bed with your hair wet, wake up in morning and voilà!
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

tousled. his hair has been tousled, quite lovingly, I suspect.
King Hoarse

Post by King Hoarse »

Is this the first picture of cross-eyed Elvis, or is it just me?

And Elton looks a bit midgety.
What this world needs is more silly men.
LittleFoole

Post by LittleFoole »

King Hoarse wrote:Is this the first picture of cross-eyed Elvis, or is it just me?

And Elton looks a bit midgety.
nah, EC just looks a lil drunk ;).......and EJ IS midgety ;) ;) Personally, I love the photo - Elvis's hairstyle is not far from my own (mine only being somewhat blonder/grayer), ...and Elton's midgety-ness being about my size ;) LOL !!!! It's my new very temporary desktop background - Mrs. Foole loves Elton, and has come around to appreciating EC (she even somehow got us front row tickets for his Knoxville show for our anniversary or my birthday or one of them there special days ;) )
It works...for now
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Sssh! You didn't read this - its confidential!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.hertsessexnews.co.uk/news/me ... ing%20.lpf
Cheshunt and Waltham Mercury

30 December 2005

Rockers' big day at Elton's wedding

A LEE Valley band strutted their stuff in front of some of biggest stars in the world when they rocked the night away at Elton John's celebrity-packed wedding reception.

Sixties tribute supremos, The Overtures, joined pop megastars Joss Stone and James Blunt in leading the entertainment at the star studded bash to celebrate the singer's "wedding" to partner David Furnish.

The group took to the stage for 90 minutes to belt out cover versions of '60s hits at the glitzy party, held at Elton John's mansion in Old Windsor last Wednesday - just hours after the high-profile gay couple had exchanged 31 carat diamond rings at a civil partnership ceremony.

Among the 700 guests at the reception was former Cheshunt schoolgirl, Victoria Beckham, screen stars Sharon Stone and Hugh Grant, as well as Epping-based rocker Rod Stewart.

The Overtures have built up a reputation as the finest '60s band in the country and have no shortage of celebrity fans - including former Beatle, Sir Paul McCartney.

And Sir Elton's wedding reception wasn't the first time they'd raised the roof at the singer's home.

In December 2003 they performed at the wedding reception of renowned songwriter, Elvis Costello and his bride, jazz singer Diana Krall.

At last week's lavish party the group - comprised of bass guitar musician and vocalist Dennis Pugsley, guitar players Jamie Cook and Phil Evans, keyboard player Chris Skornia and Steve Phypers on drums - performed a string of Beatles, Rolling Stones and The Who hits.

"It was a great night and a there was a real traditional feel to the reception," said Dennis, who grew up in Cheshunt and now lives in Harlow.

Although the band had to sign a confidentiality agreement which bans them from revealing details of the evening, Dennis said many of the songs they performed went down a treat with the wall to wall stars.

"I can't tell you the ins and outs but I can say that Elton loved our rendition of 'Green Onions' by Booker T and the Mg's," he said.

And he added: "Joss Stone is very talented singer and she sang a beautiful version of the Beach Boys' God Only Knows for Elton and David."

The Overtures are famed throughout the Lee Valley for their stomping musical gigs.

"We still have local connections. We perform at the Castle Hall in Hertford each year and still play the Broxbourne Civic Hall occasionally," said Dennis.

"All of us live in the Lee Valley area and Steve still lives in Hoddesdon."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.theovertures.co.uk/html/gigs.php

Sir Elton John and David Furnish's wedding - Dec 21st, 2005

The Overtures were most honoured and privileged to be invited by Sir Elton John and David Furnish to perform at their wedding reception on December 21st, 2005 in Windsor. In respect of their wishes to keep details of the reception private, we would just like to offer Elton and David our warmest congratulations and to thank them both for their wonderful welcome and for their great enthusiasm for the band. It was indeed the most unforgettable evening for us all.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/musi ... 117309.ece

Jamie Cullum: All that jazz

Jamie Cullum's lightly jazzy debut sold 2m copies worldwide. But is he winning audiences over to his new, more eclectic sound? Craig McLean finds out

Published: 01 July 2006

(extract)

Jamie Cullum has just flown in to Los Angeles from Singapore. Last night he fought off the after-effects of 17 hours' travelling with buckets of beer and slops of Mexican food in a renowned LA party joint named Barney's Beanery. He was matched drink for drink by his new trumpeter, Rory Simmons, who joined Cullum's live band a few weeks ago, almost one year into the singer's current tour. Cullum didn't stop boozing till around 4.30am, winding down at a pool party at the achingly trendy Sunset Boulevard hotel The Standard. But, motored by the thoroughbred metabolism of a man not yet 27, he was still up again at 8.30am to face the music.

It's hard to ascertain what's been the highlight of Jamie Cullum's year so far. Perhaps the American shows playing to thousands of people a night in out-of-the-way places like St Louis and Jacksonville. The knowledge that songs he's written have been recorded by as diverse a range of artists as West End songbird Laura Michelle Kelly, James Taylor's son Ben, and former boyband member (and estranged husband of Hollywood starlet Jessica Simpson) Nick Lachey. Or maybe it's the success of "Mind Trick" in Japan, which gave him his first international hit single. It propelled his second album, Catching Tales, from middling Japanese sales of 15,000 to the 100,000 mark and made him a bona-fide pop sensation in much of Asia.

This means "lots of screaming and shouting and constant presents and people shaking and crying and fainting". They were polite and respectful to Cullum's girlfriend, a Brazilian lawyer called Isabella Cannell, who had flown out from London. With the typical assiduity of a Japanese pop fan, one girl found out that he liked skulls - he wears one on a necklace all the time - and made him a brooch and bracelet. Others took the time to ascertain his sizes and the cut he likes, and presented him with bespoke T-shirts, all of which fit. Normally they're like tents on his five-foot-five frame.

Other good times? The invitations to Elton John's hyper-A-list Oscar party - Elton's a friend, they've met a few times, he interrogated Cullum for American magazine Interview - and to his souped-up wedding to David Furnish. "The weird thing was it actually felt like an old-fashioned, traditional wedding. There were speeches, dinner and dancing ... James Blunt and his girlfriend were on my table. I sat next to Elvis Costello and [his wife] Diana Krall. Isabella sat next to Eric [McCormack] from Will & Grace, which was great 'cause she's a huge fan ... I was getting the sambucas out. I might be one of the guilty people who got David a little bit too drunk ... Michael Caine tapped me on the shoulder and said he really liked my music. I had a piss next to David Beckham ..."