Word invention game

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
bambooneedle

Word invention game

Post by bambooneedle »

This involves inventing a new word then having the next person providing a dictionary definition and at least one example of its more typical usage. Then inventing a new word.

Ok, to start:

Frugs
Emotional Toothpaste

Post by Emotional Toothpaste »

Frugs - registered trademark of the Huggies corporation. A specialty adult diaper for those individuals who are chronically addicted to Fritos. Featuring a corn-proof liner, hermetically sealed leg-holes in fully-elasticized waistband. Available only in XL.

"The new Frugs have been a god-send for Uncle Earl and his caregivers. Clean-up and odor has been cut down considerably"
LittleFoole

Post by LittleFoole »

Emotional Toothpaste wrote:Frugs - registered trademark of the Huggies corporation. A specialty adult diaper for those individuals who are chronically addicted to Fritos. Featuring a corn-proof liner, hermetically sealed leg-holes in fully-elasticized waistband. Available only in XL.

"The new Frugs have been a god-send for Uncle Earl and his caregivers. Clean-up and odor has been cut down considerably"
And the "invented" new word would be .... ????? :lol:
Emotional Toothpaste

Post by Emotional Toothpaste »

oh. sorry.

Kerphwology
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Kerphwology: the study of the life-cycle of Kermit the Frog from polliwog to mature specimen.

Had Miss Piggy studied her Kerphwology (and the Juraissic Park movies!), she would have known Kermit could not be the Frog of Her Dreams.

flabberbits
Like me, the "g" is silent.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

flabberbits: Liposuction wastage

bollocuntis
signed with love and vicious kisses
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Actually it's "Bollocuntis" - a sequel to "Deep Throat" filmed twenty years later. Yet another engaging story of certain body parts being located in an unusual place.

dylanosaurus
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Dylanosaurus : Meaning ancient and outdated prehistoric musician

Workasopholusness
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
alexv

Post by alexv »

Workasopholness: A condition most commonly associated with accountants and tax lawyers, the treatment of which entails keeping all windows in tall buildings where said individuals work locked from the outside, particularly after 5 pm, as it has been observed that after this time on workdays, these individuals have been know to leap into the void yelling "My life is all workasophlness and I will not take it anymore".

Pitutilandangstry.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Pitutilandangstry - This is where a boring old fart of a board member reinvents himself with a new board name and as a boring old fart with medical expertise only for the board gestapo to ban duality.

crunk
lostdog

Post by lostdog »

Crunk: a Hungarian cake-like delicacy, typically eaten with hot boiled water while playing chess.

"The best crunk in Budapest is a contradiction in terms, Temuri. Everyone knows you can't get good crunk anymore in the capital".

Jellob
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Jellob - v. to unintentionally ape mannerisms annoyingly.

"Stop repeating everything I say after I say it, and don't jellob me!"

injurn
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Injurn: short for "Injurium Nervosa", a clinical condition characterized here by one board member wherein a sick, vicarious joy is derived from spewing mean-spirited comments at others who hold alternate opinions and beliefs. Much like alcoholism, the disorder is progressive. Highly treatable, but only in those afflicted who know that they have a problem. Additional symptomatology includes delusional testimonials about other board members, religious leaders, and even the forum moderators.

By inference, those exhibiting the classical symptoms will try to draw conclusions from hypotheticals, demonstrating a clear chasm between thier understanding of the difference between fantasy and reality.

"His injurnous behaviours betrayed his true motive to disrupt by bringing others down, versus supporting divergent perspectives. Sadly, it empowers him in his delusional world."

Tacicapitate
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Tacicapitate - To go on length using a language and words very rarely used in every day use.

huty
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

so lacklustre wrote:Tacicapitate - To go on length using a language and words very rarely used in every day use.

huty
Huty: a yurt-like tent structure, fabricated of yak-hide and animal bones - commonly employed by the nomadic tribes of the remote steppes of Western Siberia.

Ogrognonate
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Ogrognonate - to loosen the tongue with a liberal application of beer.

OS was slow to give up the gossip, so I attempted to ogrognonate him.

marloom
Like me, the "g" is silent.
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

Marloom: old, plastic-covered furniture that has faded in the sun from years of sitting by a window. Usually gifted to younger family members by a grandmother or elderly aunt, this furniture is most likely to be covered in fabric that has a paisley, tartan or scary striped pattern.

Today's word: scrotography
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Scrotography: The art of scrotum study. Scrotography degrees are usually more prevalent in midgets or people of challenged height who have no option but to study them.

Lipomatical
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
stormwarning

Post by stormwarning »

The clinical term to describe a psycho who gets off on these:

http://www.euromi.com/EUROMI_WEB/UK/lipomatic.htm

.. and keeps a few in a soundproof basement for when unexpected guests arrive.

Isn't "vibrolipo" a great word ?

opiniocratic
Where's North from 'ere?
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

opiniocratic - adj. to rule with one's opinions in an intense way.

"Harry would get very opiniocratic when he played golf and he'd get fucked up enough to swing the club hard, and when he did, he did alright".

ashwoed
alexv

Post by alexv »

ashwoed: The effect of Ashley Simpson on certain pre-teen girls who, disregarding all evidence to the contrary, continue to insist that she is "da bomb". "I don't care what you say dad, when she sings I am ashwoed."

sarcasnitoban
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Sarcasnitoban: The act of banning sarcastic nits - example "Tottenham have as much chance of wining the league as England have wining the world cup"! - instant Sarcasnitoban!!

Pigmotaplasm
COME ON YOU SPURS!!