Wake up you footy fans!!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
ReadyToHearTheWorst

Post by ReadyToHearTheWorst »

err, don't know if anyone is interested, but Sunderland Won (at HOME) tonight!
"I'm the Rock and Roll Scrabble champion"
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

ReadyToHearTheWorst wrote:err, don't know if anyone is interested, but Sunderland Won (at HOME) tonight!
Well, they're hitting their form at the right time.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Good on them. Great result, and it stopped Boa Morte picking up more FF points, which was good news for me!
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
charliestumpy

Arse ladies

Post by charliestumpy »

Arse ladies were predictably powerful in real Cup Fnal last Monday, and I was impressed by G4 National Anthem (English) pre-Boris J. show last Wed.

Sunder did one in end, (still regret Cram's side beating Coe's team in Milkie semi ...) and I like Spurs despite them stuffing Chelski in League Cup semi 2nd leggie a few years ago.

If English players are on Irn-Bru/Red Bull, even without often-powered Rune they have top goalscorers/players - e.g. Gerrard further forward/Lamp & Cole who will I predict a riot be new West Ham-type Geoff Hurst winner. (I can hope).

Bugger knows as usual why divisions finish on a Sunday - play-offs could be then, and Premiership etc should finish Saturdays with real proper 15.00 KO - Sky etc would make just as much dosh.

MacClaren has IMO enacted effective apprenticeship, and as we all know England etc managership is impossible job.

Sod's Law being what it often is, wouldn't we all feel guilty if that Swedish gentleman's side won??? I remember Alf Ramsey being slagged off something rotten during/after England's 1st 2 games in 1966 World Cup.

To win World Cup 2006, England simply need to:

a) treat Germany like home-country (wann begann - halb getan).
b) practice penalties/training refs into spotting when goalie moves forward too early effectively.
c) usually score more goals than any team they play.
Last edited by charliestumpy on Mon May 08, 2006 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:
ReadyToHearTheWorst wrote:err, don't know if anyone is interested, but Sunderland Won (at HOME) tonight!
Well, they're hitting their form at the right time.
:lol:

My mate has been on the phone absolutely beaming that he has secured two Cup Final tickets for next week as he is a West Ham fan.

We are going climbing and the intention is to leave VERY early on Saturday morning so that we can get to our lodgings/a nearby pub to watch it. That is the intention. What will actually happen is a different matter.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Otis Westinghouse

Bollocks! I really must manage my diary better. Only occurred to me today that my invitation to the house of an American friend who loves Liverpool (who'd a thought it, Americans digging our sport!) for barbie, beer and FA Cup together with a West Ham fan will have to be turned down as I'm going to be in Madrid! I was so anxious to make sure this visit, which has to be on a Saturday, didn't fall on Sat 27th, my date with Moz, that I forgot all about the FA Cup. Oh well, it's not as if it's Man U.

Talking of the FA Cup, how nice to see two hours of TV football heaven this evening: MU's 50 best goals ever. 1 was Giggs's immortal moment in the semi against Arse. 2 was OGS winning the Champs League. 3 was Beckham v Wimbledon. I was very excited for 2 hours.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Anyone watch that Crystal Palace v Watford playoff match this afternoon? Very entertaining. Shame that Palace won't be coming back up next season, but Watford were much better on the day and have some great young players.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

I heard Ruud was not named in ManU's team today and has walked out of Old Trafford. True or not?

Spurs hit with food poisoning as well. Very suspicious.
Otis Westinghouse

Very true. Sounding seriously like he's played his last game for the club. Shame, given his incredible track record, but he's had a middling season and clearly Saha's recent form has rocked things. Ferg must have a replacement in mind.

Spurs were offered the chance to start 2 hours later, but curiously, and to our immense relief in terms of entertainment, said they may as well go ahead with 3pm. They sounded very out of sorts, but have

The Spurs/Arse drama is stunning, both having reversed the good (Arse) /poor (Spurs) starts they had, and Arse handing the European place back to Spurs in the prcoess, though it's only half time, and it could all go any way. United 3-0 up, which is a relief after the last two games. and Ronaldo has scored, good for FF. Looks like my exchange of O'Shea for Eboue was a mistake, though!

God how I love the last day of the season.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

I fucking hate it....bring back mid table mediocrity!!
corruptio optimi pessima
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Well, I'd like to say that I'm not bitter etc.....but I hope Barcelona thrash the Gooner arses big time and Henry breaks his fucking neck falling from his shitting pedestal!
corruptio optimi pessima
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

....pretty bubbles in the air
signed with love and vicious kisses
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Just shows how low the arse can sink when they have to poison thier opponents to get 4th place - police investigation in progress...

Well done Spurs - you put up a good fight with half the team ill and the rest injured - you did us proud.
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

sniff sniff
signed with love and vicious kisses
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

I doubt the Arse were involved. However, the fact that Arsenal are relieved to get 4th place off us, with only 45mins of a season left tells it's own story.
corruptio optimi pessima
charliestumpy

Nth London

Post by charliestumpy »

Tot did very well despite strange shenanigans surrounding final match.

As much as I like good Arse play now and then, I hope they are not as successful in new stadium named in memory of 1st almost acceptable recent Chels Premiership. In April 1986 a chum took me to Highbury to see Charlie Nicholas stick sucker long-range effort in Arse brace against Chels, and I haven't many (maybe 4 in 42 years) good memories of Chels at Highbury which to me looked nice from outside/bit small pitch-wise etc within.

Despite having been quite pleased on day when Chels recently retained League thing I in fact am very disappointed by their letting other teams into Europe. I am more disappointed than the 3 times I've seen/know them get relegated - and they are supposed to be Champs - I feel very sorry for anyone supporting any team, when of course the best thing is really to support the sport/entertainment-fun etc.

If Liver had managed a win/draw in league v. Chels they would be Champs, and likewise if Mut had continued their fine end to season without 2 draws/neg. result at Stamford Bridge.

I hope Midden have a lovely entertaining night, and although I usually quite like Liver I will not be sad if Wham play in fine final and win, preferably with dodgy-decision goal.

Naturally I hope A-Arse beat B-Arse next week.

Looks as if Henry, Nistelroy will be big scoring loss to their sides and hopefully S. Wright-Phil (and now Duff ...) might move somewhere where they can play-score as well as they did once/be effective again. Dunc Ferg seems to be on way also.

I will try and catch rest of play-offs, but just when I was about to subscribe to Skysports (cricket forthcoming etc) that Premiership recent TV-sale (Setanta or whatever/split...) has made me halt.

Under-17s internationals on Eurosport (which somehow I get free on 2 tellies) later this afternoon ...).
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Theo Walcott for England??? What a joke - has he even played a single PL match?
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Jackson Monk wrote:I doubt the Arse were involved.
I wouldnt put anything past those scumbags!! Or it could be something to do with the bookies swaying the odds in their favour - either way it stinks bigtime. I'ts too much of a co-incidence - especially as we were not allowed to pospone the match. :x

Sue sue sue! - i'd sue the hotel and the premier league! We were forced to play with not just a few players ill but the whole team unfit - none of them had eaten since saturday and they were dehydrated on a hot day. It has cost us dearly and someone should have to pay! Im fucking fuming!!! :evil:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Jol should have accepted the two-hour delay, if for no other reason than to keep Arsenal from furiously masturbating over their glorious history and stunningly entertaining football.

Jesus, Sven actually selected Walcott!! On the basis of what exactly? And ahead of players like Ashton and Bent who - while not necessarily international-class strikers - have shown they can at least score goals at the top level.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Image[/img]
corruptio optimi pessima
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:Jol should have accepted the two-hour delay, if for no other reason than to keep Arsenal from furiously masturbating over their glorious history and stunningly entertaining football.

Jesus, Sven actually selected Walcott!! On the basis of what exactly? And ahead of players like Ashton and Bent who - while not necessarily international-class strikers - have shown they can at least score goals at the top level.
Owen "fucking" Hargreaves!!

That'll scare them :roll:
corruptio optimi pessima
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

I might be able to understand selecting a player like Walcott as an alternate - if your other strikers were fit and you had someone like Bent or Defoe also on standby or named as part of the squad. But to select him as one of your main striking options, with all of the question marks about Rooney and Owen? That's insane. If we're just talking about pace, how does Walcott get selected over Defoe?

The US sqaud might not hold a candle to England's, but we have one thing you don't - a competent manager.
Last edited by Who Shot Sam? on Mon May 08, 2006 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

It's all puzzling. You pick Hargreaves, who gives you absolutely nothing, and leave out King, who can offer you several options in defence or midfield. :?..............and he picks Campbell ahead of him too.

I just don't get it and I can only assume his injury is more serious than it appears.
corruptio optimi pessima
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

They're all running from....

The Goochinator!
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

I love watching Onyewu play. He's a monster.