Wake up you footy fans!!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Who Shot Sam?

Re: Wake up you footy fans!!!

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Until he dumps you this summer, at which point he becomes an insufferable Portuguese wanker.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Quite possibly, but we'll broach that when the day comes.
invisible Pole wrote:Arshavin could be a turd but on a good day he looks unstoppable.
If you only look at his EURO 2008 performances, he had a few shots on target in every game and provided a lot of scoring opportunities for others (two goals nad two assists in three games). Same for Zenit St. Petersburg in 2007/2008 UEFA Cup games.
Too bad he'll never know what it feels like to be a Premiership winner, unless the bastard moves to Old Trafford, in which case I'll have to pretend I like him. I love Berbie, Tevie, Ronny, Wayney, Giggsy, Scholesy, Nemanjy, Vandy, Nevy, Rioy and all the rest. Why would I ever want Arshy? (It's beginning to sound like a club with an anal fixation with Arse in their name, their manager's and most of arse in their new signing, and Emirates is an anagram of
Arse Time!)
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Otis Westinghouse

So long Big Phil. Looks like you and England just were never meant to be in any shape or form. It's getting absurd, and Fergie is right to say it's a sign of the times. No-one gets a chance to settle in and prove themselves any more. Portsmouth did well against Liverpool and were unlucky not to get a point (mind you, Rafa's team selection was laughable, why hasn't he gone yet?), yet of course Adams has gone. I hope Zola holds out at West Ham.

Martin O'Neill is emerging victorious, and increasingly like the only person around who might conceivably be worthy of the Fergie mantle in due course. It's amazing that not long ago people were doubting Fergie's continuation, and look at how he's holding it together this season. Still not firing on all cylinders, beset by endless injuries, yet still untouchable and magnificent. Schole's assist to Giggs' masterclass goal, almost an echo of one of the best goals ever with the Welsh wizard wonder dribble, was the perfect illustration of just how brilliant the careers of those two faithful and supremely talented servants have been. This is the thing, a while ago it looked like we might be too reliant on the old timers, but now we've got strength and depth in every quarter: the old timers (see above), the new boys coming through the system (Wellbeck, Evans, Gibson), the new signings (Berbie, Da Silva twins), the more seasoned stars (Roon, Ron, Vid, Rio. Tev). An embarrassment of riches. It must be hard to be a non-Man U fan and to have to hate us whilst you grudgingly admire everything about our sheer magnificence.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:So long Big Phil. Looks like you and England just were never meant to be in any shape or form. It's getting absurd, and Fergie is right to say it's a sign of the times. No-one gets a chance to settle in and prove themselves any more.
meh...

With the talent at his disposal Scolari been given more than a fair chance and failed at every turn. I'm sure Fergie would have loved for Phil to stay around, as he posed no threat. He was sort of the anti-Jose - grandfatherly while Jose was youthful and brash, tactically lazy while Jose was shrewd, dumpy in appearance while Jose was dashing, and unable to form a bond with the players while Jose had them willing to play and die for each other. So I don't feel too bad for Phil. More than anything, I hope Abramovich realizes what a colossal mistake he made in 1) trying to meddle in team affairs while Mourinho was in charge and 2) giving the club's most successful manager the boot because of a clash of egos.

This season has been a total downer. I can't remember a single Chelsea match that has really had me excited. I've basically lost interest in following them, because it's just too fucking painful to watch them play - so deliberate and bereft of ideas. I'm just hoping they can hold on for a CL spot and get things sorted out this summer.

Not to worry. MLS starts in about a month and at least then I can see some players who give a fuck about more than their bank accounts.

As for your final flourish there, Otis, please pass me the sick bag.
Otis Westinghouse

Glad to be of service, but given that your 'allegiance' to your beloved blues means you've lost interest in them, now is the time to jump ship. Being an AMerican gives you the same carte blanche to behave like a primary school kid and change at whim.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Glad to be of service, but given that your 'allegiance' to your beloved blues means you've lost interest in them, now is the time to jump ship. Being an AMerican gives you the same carte blanche to behave like a primary school kid and change at whim.
I never said anything about changing allegiance, nor would I. Just incredibly frustrated.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Otis = Sven.

Can't wait to see him thrashed. :lol:
Like me, the "g" is silent.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Scolari not given enough time, they're having a rough patch but these premature ejaculations of managers are ridiculous. Chelsea are in danger of turning into one of the european club president type clubs who sack managers if they don't win anything in three months. Scolari's weakness may have been that he was not used to club management, so now they're talking to Hiddink ha ha. Meanwhile Sam is shrinking back into the Chelsea closet along with all the other Chelsea fair weather glory boys who emerged during last few years. Maybe you should join the manure boys, you do live far enough away from Manchester to qualify ha ha.
signed with love and vicious kisses
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

so lacklustre wrote:Meanwhile Sam is shrinking back into the Chelsea closet along with all the other Chelsea fair weather glory boys who emerged during last few years. Maybe you should join the manure boys, you do live far enough away from Manchester to qualify ha ha.
Oh please. I've been a fan of the club for nearly 15 years. I'm hardly a glory boy. I meet more Arsenal fans here than anything else, so you're a fine one to talk about gloryhunting.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

hooked
Otis Westinghouse

Hiddink Schmiddink.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Can you feel the love tonight?

always an interesting game.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Metro 2 Mexico 0! :D
Otis Westinghouse

Two down, three to go!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Two down, three to go!
meh

Terrible game.
Otis Westinghouse

Jealous, are we? Highlights looked quite exciting. Very similar to Inter. We should have buried it in the first half against weak opposition, but we're not delivering the final product. Spurs worked at it and could almost have got there, but Foster played a great game (forget Kusczak, maybe he has the ability to go on to great things for club and country, and of course he saved against O'Hara, although he made that look relatively simple). O'Shea was generally poor and a liability, the one player in our squad that makes you think he would be well-suited to Middlesborough. The Ronaldo booking was laughably inappropriate. Anderson got his first ever goal! I enjoyed it well enough, and managed to have avoided hearing who'd won up until the 11.15 highlights.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

15 days.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

mood swung wrote:15 days.
Yup. I'll be in Seattle for the opener.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

you and 32,399 of your closest friends. try to wear something distinctive for us viewers at home. :D
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

If any of youins want in Austin's mls challenge, it should be here

http://fantasy.mlsnet.com/reports/viewteam_listing.asp

league: austination
password: socks

if that doesn't work, pm me your email.

but be careful with those - I don't want to be OVERWHELMED.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Yeah I'll give it a spin. I was not especially good at keeping things up to date last time. Hopefully this will be better.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

I missed the Man United/Liverpool game. Oh Otis!
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

What a week for Liverpool !
Trashing Real Madrid 4-0 and then Man United 4-1 - unf...ingbelievable!

Nemanja Vidic will not have fond memories of the game, to put it mildly. It was all downhill since his terrible blunder at the end of first half.
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
Otis Westinghouse

Shhh.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

I made Vidic captain of my fantasy team. Bad move - may have given you a bit more of an edge Mr Pole.