Wake up you footy fans!!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

so lacklustre wrote:the boredom is driving them away. :wink:
So what's driven Henry away?
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:
so lacklustre wrote:the boredom is driving them away. :wink:
So what's driven Henry away?
His Ego kept getting stuck in the door
corruptio optimi pessima
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Otis Westinghouse wrote: Bent is a good piece of business for Spurs. Why on earth are you complaining, Gilli? Too many players? Bah! He's a good player who deserves a bigger club than Charlton were ever going to be.
No im a happy bunny now! My main worry was that Berbatov might be going and thought this was going to be his replacement! Spurs have confirmed that Berb is staying, and with no news of Robbie or Jermaine leaving im more than happy! :)

We have our new satellite card for the new seasons live footie up and running and I cant wait til August! :)
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Arsenal players parade their new kit for 2007/08

corruptio optimi pessima
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Nice one!
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

At least they have Gallas - and don't they seem pleased about it...

http://www.williamgallas.net/Forum/view ... 8495&id=14
Otis Westinghouse

Hysterical!

Wondering how Tevez might shape up at MU. Too similar to Roonboy? Maybe, but I can see the relationship working. Hope it goes through. Berbatov might have been better, but Tev is undoubtedly a talented goalscorer. Will be very interesting to see how the team looks in terms of replacement of the old guard. They were all English/Welsh/Irish, unlike all new boys except, ahem, Hargreaves, and Carrick last year.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Damn, they seem to have shut down Gallas' forum. I have a feeling Mourinho was telling the truth when he let fly with that story about Sulky Biill threatening to score an own goal. Cashley Cole hasn't exactly been tearing up trees at Chelsea, but I still think we got the better of that deal.

Tevez and Rooney do seem to me to be very similar players. It's looking very interesting for next season. If you get Tevez, you'd have to be considered favorites to repeat as champions if we do nothing else, which appears to be the case. Still, there's something to be said for stability after a pretty chaotic season.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Anyone watching the U20 World Cup? Man, has Freddy Adu been impressive! He's finally showing what he can do. He was immense in the 6-1 Poland match, scoring a hat trick and showing plenty of strength, intelligence and trickery, but he was even better in the match against Brazil, which the US won 2-1. The future looks very bright, with players like Altidore, Szetela, Adu, Zizzo, Seitz, Rogers on the horizon, to join the likes of Feilhaber, Bradley, Mapp and Bornstein.

Some highlights here:

USA- Brazil: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmExheyGwKs

USA-Poland: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DgOkYb01ZI
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Sadly, I have to confirm Freddy Adu's excellent performance against Poland. US look very strong indeed and if Freddy and Daniel Szetela (of Polish origin, I believe ?) maintain the scoring form I can see them going into the medal zone.
Poland vs. current World Champions Argentina on Thursday.
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Yes, Szetela is of Polish ancestry. Adu's family from Ghana, Altidore's is from Haiti, Zizzo's from Italy. Thank God for immigration!
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

They remind me of those things you get out of a gumball machine - you soak a little pill in water for a while and poof! (or, kersplash!), you have a giant spongy octopus (or RB forward).
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Wahoo!

Scumbag Uruguayans trying to start a fight at the end. Austria next.

When do we play England? Oh, that's right... :D :D
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Altidore (and I give that 4 syllables, not 3) may have fractured something. Not good for we RBNY fans, all two of us. Hell yeah!

I'm sincerely hoping Rongen starts NOW teaching these boys how to clear a freaking ball. OUT! I want the goddam thing 50 yards down the field! NOt dangling just outside with everybody going 'no, it's yours!'
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

mood swung wrote:Altidore (and I give that 4 syllables, not 3) may have fractured something. Not good for we RBNY fans, all two of us.
That would suck. As happy as I am about the U20s I've been waiting for him to get back to RBNY alongside Angel. Fingers crossed it's not that serious.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Thought this was quite funny...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jg5HsG7AN1Y
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Fuck me - The Beckham circus is live on CNN. Never thought I'd see that.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

meanwhile, on the other coast...
which I think is a really cool counter attack.

I watched the end of the Houston/chicago beatdown last night and if I had been playing a DB drinking game, I'd have been comatose after the 3rd goal. Surreal. I feel like I woke up in an alternate reality. If my mother mentions it, I'll have proof.

And based on the W (which had a certain ick factor, sure, but I'm positive that's the Fembot's fault) photos, I'm thinking the Gals should burn the new uniforms and play skins. Always.

Let the Great Social Experiment begin.
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:Thought this was quite funny...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jg5HsG7AN1Y
Very Good :lol:
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Ugh. Just back from the Meadowlands. On the positive side, Red Bulls looked in control and dangerous throughout much of the first half, hitting the woodwork twice. But then one defensive lapse before halftime and it all changed. I don't know what Bruce slipped into their halftime Gatorade, but I'd guess rohypnol. Very very flat second half and the Van den Bergh substitution wasn't exactly a masterstroke - he was terrible.

Angel got frustrated with the Revs constant injury theatrics and was sent off at the end for God knows what. The ref was awful and I saw the ESC chuck a few things at him as he left the pitch at the end. At least Twellman and his vomitous yellow boots were kept quiet. Jozy can't return quickly enough. We look very average at the moment - Reyna past his sell-by date, a lot of players running around like headless chickens and Angel starting to get frustrated. At least Waterboy wasn't in goal. Conway had a decent match.

It was my son's first match, and he was very much into the whole experience. Of course, he decided that the Revs were the team for him (just to annoy me, bless his heart), so at least one of us went home happy.
Otis Westinghouse

Tonight's Stroyville BBC doc looks interesting, particularly with all the above in mind...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo/listings/pr ... 4_16894_90
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Tonight's Stroyville BBC doc looks interesting, particularly with all the above in mind...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo/listings/pr ... 4_16894_90
That's a very entertaining film, Otis. Well worth your time.

Paul Crowder, the director, is an expat Chelsea fan and I've spoken with him a few times on the CFC supporters forum. Very funny guy.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

worth watching for the hairstyles alone.

We did look very average last night. I missed the red card (because Austin and I were cheering ourselves up watching DC score three and still not beat Dallas - it's Toja's hair!), but it's a shame he didn't elbow Jay Heaps who is always deserving of a skanky retaliatory misplaced appendage. Altidore will be back sooner than planned. It just wasn't a good soccer day for me. Red Bulls lose, U-20s lose, Edward own goals.

My cat did come home after 3 days AWOL, so that was good.

Not that that really has anything to do with soccer. But we were glad to see him just the same.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

mood swung wrote:Image
They should do a "Missing" one with Reyna on the cover.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

More ill-informed xenophobic idiocy from England...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A24837122

I hope this moron is not actually getting paid by the BBC to write this stuff.

IMO underlying a lot of the UK coverage of the Beckham arrival is the fear that Americans may someday in the not too distant future actually be better at the sport than the English, even as soccer continues to languish behind baseball, football and basketball. I don't recall seeing the England U20 team at the World Cup, the FA is a shambles and there is not a lot of exciting young English talent coming through with the bigger or even second-tier clubs.