Wake up you footy fans!!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

so lacklustre wrote:I see that you've all heard the evidence and found him guilty then?
I don't know if Jody is guilty of this particular offense, but I know his history and can't say I'm surprised that he's been accused.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

I'm judge, jury and executioner all rolled into one wig-wearing ball!!!
laughingcrow

Jinky McFadden reigns

Post by laughingcrow »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Yeaaaaaaah, 1-0!!!!! We snuck bravely past those fall-happy Lithuanian plumbers!!!

Now the playoffs.......

Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Well done Scotland. And, despite, Becks losing his footing, well done England. Great to have won the group. I was paranoid about Costello coming stage bang on 8, so left the game at 20 to, terrified that Turkey would then do the business, so it was an added bonus to float home on my cloud of Elvcstacy and find that it stayed at 0-0.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Im glad England went through to be honest, only cos they would have humped us in the playoffs... :( thats bad for me to admit that, but it's true. For the same reasons, I'm glad Ireland (sorry DrJ and the Foyles - if you're reading) didn't get in to the playoffs, theyre a top quality side, and only missed out cos of the Keane/McCarthy upheavel near the start of qualification.

Well who will we get in the playoffs? Please god not Turkey, Holland or Spain...cos we're as good as beat over two legs. Ideally Latvia would be the team we face, but Ive got a sneaking feeling it'll be Slovenia...a harder task than you'd think, they're not a bad side.

If we get Wales, I think we could do ok if they have some suspensions/injuries in Cardiff, and we could beat them at Hampden I feel. They also seem to have run out of steam a little recently.

I'm pretty chuffed at the way Vogts and Bonhoff have handled the youth issue really... they reinstated the B-team (only team in Uk to have one) calling it the Scotland Future team, and kids are getting games all the time. We now also have McFadden, Webster, Fletcher, Miller, and Naysmith getting regular games for Scotland... and they all have massive potential to develop.
To a lesser extent, some older players, Crawford, McNamara, Cameron and Pressley have all been shown into the squad and done pleasingly well.

'Mon the Scots!
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

The draw for the play-offs is meant to be unseeded and open, however I'd be very surprised to see any of Spain, Holland, Turkey drawn against each other.
signed with love and vicious kisses
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Unseeded...watermelons!!! I'd love to see Holland v Spain playoff, Turkey v Croatia...and those giants Scotland v Latvia battle it out.

Anyone else think like me, that the Euro tournament is the most difficult international tournament to win, simply cos of the quality of the European sides. Look at the way the World Cup is dominated by Brazil, Germany and Italy. Then think about all the different teams that have won the Euro Tournament...it's rarely the favourite, and there's always an outsider or two in the final 4...Scotland anyone?

What I can dream can't I?
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Well, Holland, Spain, Turkey and Russia were all kept apart surprise surprise. Don't book you holidays in Portugal next year LC, you mob drew Holland! Any Welsh on this board? That reminds me where's Shabby (not Welsh, but living there)?

Latvia v Turkey
Scots v Dutch
Croatia v Slovenia
Russia v Wales
Norway v Spain
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ah well, there's always the next one in 4years time.

At least I'll get to see Holland play.

Wales should get through I think, along with Turkey, Croatia and Spain.

:cry: Please can they not sack Berti if (when) he's beaten by Holland.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Just to get you all jealous I'm off to Barcelona for a stag weekend that includes tickets for the Barcelona v Deportivo match on saturday night (£75 for a ticket!!!). The only downside is that I will miss the Arsenal/Chelsea game, unless of course spanish tv are showing it. King of Spain, do you know if english premiership games are shown over there?
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Hoo hoo...good point for the Wolves today!! Only 2pts away from getting out of the danger zone now.

Am going to the 'battle of britain' midweek as well, Rangers versus ManYoo...should be a stormer!
Otis Westinghouse

so lacklustre wrote:do you know if english premiership games are shown over there?
I suspect they're shown in every country other than this one! no premiershop games on on Saturday. my planned visit to a London pub with a Leeds fan mate to see the two Utds had to be rethought, though of course pubs were carrying this + the Arsenal v Chelsea game, probably via Swedish or Dutch satelllite or whatever. The whole thing sucks.

At least we won, anyway, and thank you to ITV for making sure the highlights were on at about 11.30, when we made it back to see them.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Bah. Bad mistake by Cudicini. A flukey deflection and a goalkeepers' error gift Arsenal three points. We never get anything from this fixture.
Jackson Doofster

Post by Jackson Doofster »

My bro and Dad are Leicester fans, so I had a good laugh yesterday when they pissed all over the Spurs, only to lose it in the last 10 mins :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Kasey Kellar cock up was not unexpected - he's a disaster waiting to happen!

The crowning glory was when Mabizela (South Africa's Captain whom we signed in the summer) came on. The LC fans were singing "who the fucking hell are you" only moments before his 25 yarder screamed into the top left hand corner :lol: :lol:

Leicester City get on my tits quite frankly...with their hard working, honest huff and puff (translated as boring). If Muzzy Izzet was any use, he'd have moved on years ago.
"But they can't hold a candle to the reciprical war crimes which have plagued our policy of foriegn affairs."
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

I don't really like them either...not enough to join my hated teams list though. Here's why....

5yrs ago, before I went to Liverpool uni, I visited the Lpool to check it out, and went on the Anfield tour before I went to the Everton v Leicester game (boring 0-0). So, on this tour were a load of Leicester fans... and this bozo (about 30yrs old with his mum, on the Anfield tour...how sad was he) replies to his mum's request to have a look at the model of Anfield...

''Im a Leicester City fan...[about Anfield] shit ground, no fans!''

I could have killed him where he stood. What a tit!!!!!!!

So, that's my weird reason for not liking Leicester, that and they treated the genuinely one of the nicest footballers Ive met, Ade Akinbiyi, like shit.

Im glad that Wolves are off the bottom too!
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

bye bye CL.
Jackson Doofster

Hey SLL....I know what you're expecting....

I take the piss

you reply by saying that at least you get into the CL etc....

Anyway........it's all very sad for English football.

Still couldn't stop laughing though...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"But they can't hold a candle to the reciprical war crimes which have plagued our policy of foriegn affairs."
Otis Westinghouse

Forget Stuttgart, tonight was more fun, even if the bastards didn't have it on ITV1 or 2, nor highlights. Chelsea did a bit better than last time! Arsene will just have to admit he has a CL blockage.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Forget Stuttgart, tonight was more fun, even if the bastards didn't have it on ITV1 or 2, nor highlights. Chelsea did a bit better than last time! Arsene will just have to admit he has a CL blockage.
It's been such a satisfying week. Lehmann's blunder in Kiev to take the wind out of Arsenal's CL sails (again), then victory tonight and a superb team performance against Lazio. How quickly things change!
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Good result for Chels...they've got 2 tough away games to come though!

I always think that teams with the last 2 of the last 3 games at home have a much better chance...that's why Rangers are stuffed now. Good atmosphere at the game last night though.

Celtic have got a good chance if they get 2 wins at home, and a point in Lyon, United will easily get 9pts from the next 3 games, Chels will prob get 4pts IMHO (lose at lazio, beat prague, draw with besiktas) and Arsenal might just surprise everyone, they can get 6pts easy, and a good performance in Milan might see them through.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Conspiracy theory:

Manchester United lose embarrassingly at home to Fulham, board goes down. Coincidence?
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Possibly! cue Twilight zone music!!!!

Just wanted to say....4-3!!!!! Yes beat bloody Leicester, diddle dee, diddle dee! Doodlee doo!

15th now! Chelsea watch out!
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Who Shot Sam? Posted
Conspiracy theory:

Manchester United lose embarrassingly at home to Fulham, board goes down. Coincidence?
I'd just like to say what my favourite part of that post is:
Manchester United lose embarrassingly at home to Fulham
Jackson Doofster

I may be going nuts. I actually find it hard to understand the way discipline was dealt out today.

Arsenal's players do a scary dance around Ruud van Divealot and they get several bans and a huge fine.

The Turkish FA let their fans run wild - they get sent to bed early and the chocolate bar taken out of their lunchbox!!

Now, I am no fan of Woolwich/Wembley/Finsbury/anyLondonplace Arsenal, but where is the equilibrium here?

Football's gone mad.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

No doubt Rio's punishment will be to appear on Mastermind.