Doc in the Hospital

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Thats really good news! Take it easy doc and slow down - we want you around for a long time!! No doubt Mrs Spooky will be keeping her beady eye on you and spoiling you rotton!:D
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Great news !!! Best wishes to Doc !!
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

I'm glad that things are working out for the good Doctor. Tell him to get better and to keep reaching for those stars. He means alot around here.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

just imagine me singing in my best Highlanderette voice -

*take good care of yourself, you belong to us*

that'll scare your ass into following doctor's orders! :P

I'm so glad you're home and feeling better. High BP ain't nothing to mess around with.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

Hi Spooky -- I think this is the first post I've sent to you and the Doc; reading the others' good wishes inspired me to think happy thoughts for you both. Hang in there!
alexv

Post by alexv »

Glad he's home, and my best wishes to you all.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Strokes are no laughing matter. I'm glad he's ok now.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

as usual, I'm a bit late here. Two of the most enjyable posters on this board deserve the best of everything and I hope it all works out well.
corruptio optimi pessima
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Glad you're back home DrS, those hospitals are dangerous places full of sick people. Keep taking that medicine!!
signed with love and vicious kisses
King Hoarse

Post by King Hoarse »

I'm glad I didn't read this before, or I'd have been worried sick all weekend.

Now my heart just stopped for half a minute or so.

Take it easy, Doc, and thanks.
What this world needs is more silly men.
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

Holy crap, youse guys. Be careful out there. Glad you're doing better, Doc.
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

Spooky, I'm glad to hear that the good Doc is feeling better. No matter what Dr. Spooky says, make him take as much time off as is feasible--strokes run on both sides of my family, and I've seen first hand what they can do. As my grandmother would say, "tell him to sit his ass down somewhere!"
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

Hi All,

Thanks for all the well wishes, prayers, animals and/or virgins sacrified and whatever else you all did. Friday was very scary. My blood pressure was so high (210/140) that I went numb in my right arm and right hand side of my face about 9am. That passed fairly quickly so I went along. About 11am, the same thing happened to my left side --that was when I left work and went to our GP. He very quickly recognized that I was in bad shape and wrote me orders to the hospital. Stupidly I went home instead of letting Spooky come and get me. By the time we left for the hospital I was throwing up and couldn't speak clearly. Needless to say the hospital staff was less than impressed by my doctor's orders or his personal calls. He apparently got some of their attention when he asked if they wanted to watch me stroke out in the waiting room. I remember some of the ER but not the CAT SCAN and EKG.

I was given lots of nice happy medicine and I remember a nurse coming in somewhere around 2am and I asked her what time and day it was.

I had an MRI Saturday morning and slept through it much like the past 24 hours.

The doctors were very pleased I responded quickly and now I am on blood pressure medicine indefinitely. I also need to learn to deal with stress better (Spooky can help out a lot here ;) ) and watch what I eat better.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Good to hear Doc. Relax and enjoy a nice quiet Father's Day. Thanks for all you do to keep this board running if I haven't said it before.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Nice to see you back Doc. You keep taking that medicine and doing what that doctor fella told ya.
signed with love and vicious kisses
John

Post by John »

Take it easy, Dr Spooky.
Tim(e)

Post by Tim(e) »

That is really scarey stuff Dr!

I really am gald that you managed to get away unscathed... a warning like that along with a second chance is very good news and hopefully you will never have to go through that again.

Keep taking that medicine and don't get your stress levels up spending too much time on this site... we are not worth it ;)
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Great to hear from you. Welcome back. Here's to a stress-free future!
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Be well, Dr.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Often the physician looks for highly organic reasons for disease and disorder. With time, stress will be recognized as the most heavily weighted contributor to heart attack, stroke, and cancer. Because it is difficult to quantify, and doesn't fit an empirical formula, it is often trivialized as a significant contributor to health problems.

Attack the source of the stress, Dr. Spooky, and I submit that things will run smoothly for many moons ahead. The best part about the war on stress is that the whole family can pitch in. It isn't too hard for any of us to understand what a warrior Mrs. Dr. Spooky would be against anything and everything that would and could do you harm. Clearly, she, together with the fam, can be a formidable force fighting the evil of stress in your life.

Restated, I would hate to be the recognized cause of your stress, and be required to face the wrath of Spooky Girlfriend as she systematically eradicates what stress she can remove from your life, prolonging happiness and good health for all in the family.

Good Health, God Bless, and Happy Fathers Day. And from a guy who has great difficulty following his own advice...

Relax
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
legman open to offers

Post by legman open to offers »

Scary stuff indeed!
Glad to know you are back home and feeling better.

Holding good thoughts.

loto
Now I'm the invisible man, and you can't see me.
bobster

Post by bobster »

Jeez, how did I miss all of this until now! Too busy spouting off about some silly movie as usual.

In any case, so glad that things turned out okay for the wonderful Spookys. One heartening factor I've come across in my travels is that Type A folks, while prone to stress-related health problems, tend to do better after something like this than other people because they apply that same Type A assiduosness (assiduosity?) to doing what's neccessary to improve their health.

I'm very, very glad it turned out this way...and Dr. Bobster prescribes long, bucolic walks, accompanied by Elvis' non-rowdy-rhythm records. ("North" has been reported to lower the blood pressure of Australian Mountain Goats by 50%!)
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
VonOfterdingen

Post by VonOfterdingen »

I didn't see this until now. :shock: it sounds tough.

But of course it's really good to hear that you are better Doc and you must have earned yourself many hours on the couch listing to great music. I recommend Elvis Costello
I'm not buying my share of souvenirs
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

Doc~
So glad to hear you're feeling better! Take good care and God Bless.

SP
I'm not angry anymore....
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

I'm so glad for you and for your great family that you're feeling much better.