Anything to look forward to?

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Chrille

Anything to look forward to?

Post by Chrille »

I just ordered a couple of CDs from the web. Some of them I've had in MP3 format for a while and decided it was time to buy them on CD, most of them are impulse or recommendation-based and I've barely heard anything by most of them. Any comments?

Simple Minds - Sparkle In The Rain, I read somewhere they've been heavily inspired by Roxy Music (which I love), besides my sister used to listen to these guys alot when I was younger and I remember liking it. Supposedly this is one of their best records.

Gang Of Four - Entertainment!, praised on this forum, I'm very much looking forward to this.

Beck - Odelay, I've always liked Beck based on what I've heard on radio, tv or at some friends place. I have actually never considered buying any of his records though and I guess this is a good place to start.

E.L.O - Eldorado, Never heard, not that I know of at least. But this has been strongly recommended to me by some friends.

Morrissey - Vauxhall and I, I've only listened to the Smiths before, but I found this one real cheap and decided to give it a go.

Had these on MP3:
Dylan's Blood On The Tracks
Clash's London Calling
Kraftwerk's Man-Machine

I got all of these for less than 70$ brand new, great catch if I may say so myself ;). 'Course, I don't know exactly what I'm getting yet.
Mike Boom

Post by Mike Boom »

Vauxhall and I is terrific and Eldorado is a personal fave - it has a great dream like, filmic quality, like a cross between the Wizard of Oz and Brigadoon - and you wont ever find a better pop song than Cant Get It Out of My Head.
echos myron like a siren
with endurance like the liberty bell
and he tells you of the dreamers
but he's cracked up like the road
and he'd like to lift us up, but we're a very heavy load
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Entertainment and Odelay are brilliant, groundbreaking recordings for these two artists. They sound as fresh today as they did years ago...
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Vauxhall and I - Genius, probably Moz's best solo work.

Odelay - Not my favorite Beck, but still pretty awesome, and my favorite is Midnite Vultures, so what do I know?
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Vauxhall And I is brilliant, you won't regret it.
Blood On The Tracks is one of my two or three favourite Dylan albums and imho it's a masterpiece, so if you ever have a couple of spare quid buy it on CD.
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
lawngnome

Post by lawngnome »

Great Beck cd.
Chrille

Post by Chrille »

I'm not a big fan of Dylan but I love Blood... and Oh Mercy! Did he cut any other albums similiar to those? :p
Mr. Misery

Post by Mr. Misery »

There is nothing to look forward to.
ImageImage
I've had you so many times but somehow I want more.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I was looking forward to someone saying that.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
LittleFoole

Post by LittleFoole »

Mr. Average wrote:Entertainment and Odelay are brilliant, groundbreaking recordings for these two artists. They sound as fresh today as they did years ago...
Right on !!! As well as London Calling by el Clash combo ;)