Anyone going to see McCartney?

Pretty self-explanatory
AlmostBlue

Anyone going to see McCartney?

Post by AlmostBlue »

ONly asking because Elvis wrote That Day is Done, Mistress and Maid, My Brave Face, So Like Candy, Veronica, Playboy to a Man, Pads Paws, etc. together with him. By the way, not sure if he is worth 5 times as much, but tickets cost five times as much as EC.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I'm going and have a major bittersweet feeling in my stomach.

His show in 2002 was great, but I felt weird then spending over $100 for seats that weren't among the best in the house.

This time, three years later at the same venue, where I sat last time costs over $200, so I paid $100 to sit in some of the venue's shittiest seats. Really annoying.

I'm still excited cause I'm a huge McCartney fan, but fuck..
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Mike Boom

Post by Mike Boom »

I was keen to go to the Dallas show and promptly logged into Ticketmaster a few minutes before tickets went on sale yet couldnt get a ticket (and according to PaulMccartney.com I wasnt the only one) - kept saying no tickets available - funny then how there are pages and pages of tickets available for 5 X the price on ticket "broker" sites all over the web eh? Ticketmaster stinks!
echos myron like a siren
with endurance like the liberty bell
and he tells you of the dreamers
but he's cracked up like the road
and he'd like to lift us up, but we're a very heavy load
guidedbyvoices

Post by guidedbyvoices »

The Houston ticket sale was completely kcufed. I don't have $1000 freaking dollars to see him, so I was going for the low end. I was in the second tix were on sale. best I could find in the 50-85 range? $85 2d tier. BEHIND THE GODDAM STAGE. So I'm not going, and scalpers have thousands of tickets. Screwed up. The Houston sale wasn't done by ticketmaster, and though there was an 8 ticket limit, if you opened a 2d browser window, that window could also get 8 tickets, a loophole scalpers had known about. I'm really bummed because his show a few years ago was really great, even though his new stuff was horrible, and the jokes were completely scripted, and he's a complete ham. No matter, great show. Completely bummed out.
we have powerlines in our bloodlines
AlmostBlue

Post by AlmostBlue »

BlueChair wrote:I'm going and have a major bittersweet feeling in my stomach.

His show in 2002 was great, but I felt weird then spending over $100 for seats that weren't among the best in the house.

This time, three years later at the same venue, where I sat last time costs over $200, so I paid $100 to sit in some of the venue's shittiest seats. Really annoying.

I'm still excited cause I'm a huge McCartney fan, but fuck..
perhaps someone here has connection to get blurchair a better seat(s)? ..you deserve that for running the board.. perhaps a paypal collection?
I had the same experience.. but got lucky one show. quite a ham.. all scripted , as was mentioned here.. but with a multi-million dollar sound system, a 30 million dollar production, and a couple of good songs to help you get by lady madonna and yesterday make it almost worth it.
guidedbyvoices

Post by guidedbyvoices »

I had the same experience.. but got lucky one show. quite a ham.. all scripted , as was mentioned here.. but with a multi-million dollar sound system, a 30 million dollar production, and a couple of good songs to help you get by lady madonna and yesterday make it almost worth it.
I agree, which is why with all the BS I'm still bummed about missing the show. I can't imagine anyone else putting on such a scripted, hammy show with a few songs that were laughable, and still come away blown away. During Blackbird, the arena was SILENT. The electric piano onoly version of Golden Slumbers was great, as was his tribute to John, Here Today, that slayed me. She's Leaving Home, Michelle, gah! And Houston was one of the very few shows that had any one-time only song played - Midnight Special (the DVD is a soundcheck from Dallas). I'm now hoping to get lucky with tickets released last minute. I've gotten lucky lilke that once before.
we have powerlines in our bloodlines
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

There was a docu about the last tour on the telly, and I loved the footage of people openly weeping at some of The Beatles classics. The prices are a joke,but it's a great collective experience. I saw him in 90/91, which was less of a nostalgia-fest, but still great fun.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
RinghioStarr

Post by RinghioStarr »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:There was a docu about the last tour on the telly, and I loved the footage of people openly weeping at some of The Beatles classics. The prices are a joke...
Maybe they were crying for the price.
Mike Boom

Post by Mike Boom »

There was an article about this in the latest Rolling Stone - apparently scalpers ("brokers") hire a ton of people armed with special software that can get around security and get logged in just before the ticket sales start to snap up all the tickets - I mean this is getting really ridiculous - when are the artists gonna wake up and do something about it? Could it be they dont give a shit? :evil:
echos myron like a siren
with endurance like the liberty bell
and he tells you of the dreamers
but he's cracked up like the road
and he'd like to lift us up, but we're a very heavy load
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

AlmostBlue wrote:perhaps someone here has connection to get blurchair a better seat(s)? ..you deserve that for running the board.. perhaps a paypal collection?
There are better things for people's money to be going towards than me getting to sit with the rich people at a McCartney show. I am blessed with the number of great shows I have seen and the things I can afford. I could have easily decided not to go to see McCartney this time around, but I decided to, so I will be sitting on the roof. 8)
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
clairequilty

Post by clairequilty »

BlueChair wrote:
AlmostBlue wrote:perhaps someone here has connection to get blurchair a better seat(s)? ..you deserve that for running the board.. perhaps a paypal collection?
There are better things for people's money to be going towards than me getting to sit with the rich people at a McCartney show. I am blessed with the number of great shows I have seen and the things I can afford. I could have easily decided not to go to see McCartney this time around, but I decided to, so I will be sitting on the roof. 8)

Are Lady Madonna and Yesterday bad songs? I know some of the common knowledge about Lady Madonna, and can understand a little bit of hostility towards that song, but Yesterday?...
AlmostBlue

Post by AlmostBlue »

no, "YEsterday" is not a bad song. it is sort of like Elvis and "pump it Up".. he can't get away with not playing it. Someone at a McCartney concert could be there for the first time.. so they would be very disappointed if they did not hear yesterday and hey jude. With EC, Pump it Up is definitely the bathroom break song :-).. It is a shame that McCartney is not "allowed" to do more of his receent stuff.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Except Pump It Up isn't moving in the way Yesterday is. For me, Yesterday, however over familiar, would always be very moving live. I love to hear the original too, so simple in sound.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
sexysadie7

i'm going and happy about it

Post by sexysadie7 »

i'm there. 22 row in detroit in the center. i went to chicago last tour...i loved the vibe. fuck the ticket cost. he is a frickin' beatle, for god's sake, and no matter how old, he can still rock! no where else can you see fifty something women on down fainting and screaming...well, except maybe when oprah gives away all that crap on her show.

i am just glad i get to be going there....oh, and thanks to paul, i found elvis, so i think i owe him anyway! :D
you lack lust...
you're so lacklustre...
is that all the strength
you can muster?
clairequilty

Post by clairequilty »

What would you most like to hear from McCartney?

I'll tell you, something that I would love to hear more than anything else, but it would probably never happen, is Paul doing Lennon's songs.

I can't imagine anything more fricking strange than hearing Paul do Strawberry Fields Forever live.

Fuck the cynics and purists, I'm as big a Lennon protectionist as anyone, but to hear that song, or I'm So Tired, or even You've Got to Hide Your Love Away, or Help, or even Imagine, would have to shake the earth off it's axis.
RinghioStarr

Post by RinghioStarr »

clairequilty wrote:What would you most like to hear from McCartney?

I'll tell you, something that I would love to hear more than anything else, but it would probably never happen, is Paul doing Lennon's songs.

I can't imagine anything more fricking strange than hearing Paul do Strawberry Fields Forever live.

Fuck the cynics and purists, I'm as big a Lennon protectionist as anyone, but to hear that song, or I'm So Tired, or even You've Got to Hide Your Love Away, or Help, or even Imagine, would have to shake the earth off it's axis.
He used to play live a Help!/StrawberryFields/GivePeaceAChance medley in the early nineties.