I am now old...and that's official

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

I've been to see Athlete and Embrace this year who are popular beat combos here in the UK. I have definitely been the oldest person in the audience although my boyish looks make me look far younger and hip and happening. The game was given away when I started dancing though
Did no-one tell you that you looked like the oldest person at the EC gig too. :twisted:
signed with love and vicious kisses
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

It was just dodgy lighting!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

My Jessica turns 16 today. :o

She actually came to my computer a few days ago, created a word document, and typed out her birthday list - including hyperlinks to ebay for particular items. She's in a real teenage self-absorbed state today. :lol:

And I'm feeling a bit old. :?
stormwarning

Post by stormwarning »

Hey Verbal, that reminds me of a story that happened to my mate. He was dancing with a girl and she said "You're older than you look aren't you ?". He said "How do you know?", and she replied "because you're a crap dancer". He's always danced like a Tory Minister at a Party Conference - I hope you're not the same.

After three weeks of staying in Manhattan, the thought of living here raises the response "meh". I've even (briefly) considered living in Princeton NJ. Now THAT makes me feel old.
Where's North from 'ere?
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Why meh? Tell me what's missing, and I'll tell you where to go. I mean, in a helpful way.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Storm, I am amazed. Have you taken a decent walk in Central Park (it is breathtaking this time of year)? That alone should do it. Prospect Park too, of course, or Riverside, but really I don't know anyone can help but fall in love with NYC once they've walked through the park in May.

VeryOldMug
lawngnome

Post by lawngnome »

wow... I think I may be the youngest person on here! I'm not going to rub it in however, trust me- its not as great as you remember...

(I'm 17, by the way, but you're allowed to hit me if I act any younger than 23)
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

I'm 32, and whenever I feel old, I just walk down to the cafeteria at my school and go to the front of the lunch line. The cafeteria lady tells me to get at the end of the line, and I remind her that I'm a teacher. It's the long hair and the mostly clean shaven face, I guess. Anyway, it makes me feel better to know that I can still get confused for a high school student.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

Today one of the girls in my government class and I discovered we shared a birthday. She's turning 19; I'll be exactly twice that. It made me feel 'old' for a second, until the students demanded to see my ID as they did not believe I was more than 30. :P Good students! A's for everyone!
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

I think I've finally gotten to a point where I'm not carded anymore...though of course in Toronto the legal drinking age is 19 rather than 21 - and now I'm much more prone to order some obnoxious sounding fancy wine, and surely that can't hurt :wink:
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

I'm 42 and I still hate gardening. So all's well then.
signed with love and vicious kisses
lawngnome

Post by lawngnome »

so lacklustre wrote:I'm 42 and I still hate gardening. So all's well then.
gardening and sweaters with cats on them. You know you're old when you start getting those...