Ali G got them pissed off

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
bambooneedle

Ali G got them pissed off

Post by bambooneedle »

I think I could have survived Ali G's sense of humour on this occassion.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6821600/

They take themselves so seriously. Who are they, anyway?
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

That's hilarious. It takes balls of steel to do that in a conservative state at a conservative venue. Thanks BN
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

It's disturbing that even if they'd introduced him as a satirist it most probably would not have made a difference to them. Sad gits.
A rope leash

Virginia

Post by A rope leash »

Red-state rednecks just don't think that shit is funny.

In fact, like good little brainwashed Americans, they will tell you that we are not killing any civlians in Iraq, only insurgents. We are also building schools, roads, and power plants. Not only that, but it's okay that Saddam didn't have any weapons of mass destruction, becuase he's a "bad guy", and we had to take him out, anyway. Whatever Jesus George wants is fine with them, because like the rest of the under-educated, they are "true believers" in "the Lord", and if they have to lie, cheat, and steal to get what they want, well, that's God's Own Destiny, dude! (Everyone else can eat lead).

Next week, we will be giving them true democracy, even though no one even knows who the candidates are. Well, everyone knows that Alawi is running, but he has military protection. All the other candidates wish to remain anonymous until election day, for fear of being murdered for participating.

The truth isn't funny, or beautiful. That's why Americans don't want truth, they want "something to believe in".

Attention Americans: Government funds have been used to pay "journalists" to promote certain programs and ideas. Armstrong Williams is just the tip of the iceberg, and the fact that the mainstream media has not gone after this horrible scandal is proof that the media is tightly controlled in he USA. "Isolated incident" my ass! These fucks are getting ready to crowm themselves kings, and all the good little rednecks are stroking right along with it.

Love your country, not your government!

Aw, fergit it!

:roll:
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

Rope, you don't get Ali G, stop it.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

I don't think he was saying anything about Ali G, actually. He's saying something about the American Public. Before posting you need to remember to go and find that other brain cell of yours so you'll have 2 to rub together.
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

Selfmade, I'm not responding to his post as a political statement.

I was responding to his judgement of the southern red neck states- when he doesn't get Ali G, himself.

Also, don't fuck around with me just for the sake of it- especially when you're guilty of your own post's jarble.
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Mug happens to be a friend of mine, Whar. Please be cool.
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

I thought her to be a friend of mine as well, that is why I got more offended than usual.

She is the only board member I remember having a casual conversation in person with.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

wehitandrun wrote:
I was responding to his judgement of the southern red neck states- when he doesn't get Ali G, himself.

Also, don't fuck around with me just for the sake of it- especially when you're guilty of your own post's jarble.
Jarble? Jarble? Not sure what jarble is but that sentence above may be an example, as it is utterly meaningless. 2 clauses set up to sound like they're related logically, when they're not. I'm not fucking with you for the sake of it; I'm just reminding you that attitude + confidence does not equal sense.

I can stand a lot of attitude but it has to have some smarts backing it up or it's just, um, jarble. Just be careful, is what I mean.
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

Haha, re-reading it... it does seem as though I threw two unrelated sentences together. However- you have to remember that I am posting in responce to two people's jarble. I left some of the coherency up to the reader- it's not my job to repeat what you two have already said just so the slower of you two will get it.

I was about to repeat my last post with more clarity- but it doesn't need it. What I said was simple, and you were obviously confused.
A rope leash

I don't get HBO...

Post by A rope leash »

WHAR is right in that I don't "get" Ali G. I don't get HBO!

But, I do understand red-state rednecks. I'm pretty sure they don't "get" Ali G, either. It's not that I'm incapapble of understanding what Ali G is about, it's just that I've never watched his show. I know what red-state rednecks are about, and one does not call their heros "murderers of innocent women and children" without immediate payback.

If WHAR wants me to knock that chip off his shoulder, well, why bother?
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

WHAR, at the risk of offending you, or hurting your feelings, or misunderstanding you, you clearly didn't understand the flow of the thread. Rope doesn't need to know a damn thing about Ali G, and he wasn't trying to 'interpret' Ali G. He just read the article that is linked above and made an astute observation about the event, not about Ali G. Picking fights is as unbecoming as jarble.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Borat is such a good character...that is one of the funniest things I've heard in ages!

'Right down to the lizards' :lol:
A rope leash

Rather evil...

Post by A rope leash »

This link explains corporate interference in "free media", and the subsequent mind-molding of US citizens...

http://gregpalast.com/detail.cfm?artid=407&row=0

... it's what they don't tell us that is numbing us!

Question...if Ali G is all cool and shit, what the fuck is he doing at a redneck rodeo?

?
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Ali G (and Borat, which is actually the character involved here) are the creation of an english comedian who rose to fame by satirising the youth-orientated media...Ali G is supposed to be an obviously white (and jewish) bloke, talking in 'ebonics' and dressing like a 'gangsta'...he then interviews stuffed up British idiots (like Judge Pickles and a member of the Orange Order) and mocks them, while they think they are taking part in a youth TV show. It's funny stuff.
The Borat character is supposed to be a Kazakhstani TV presenter...and he interviews people who genuinely think he is from another culture, so they accept his odd behaviour (like kissing old english gents on the lips for greetings). It is very funny, if somewhat controversial.

At the rodeo sounds like it will be funny...I guess he would have been expecting all the Americans to cheer, but it does seem deliberately provocative! :lol: The very nature of satire though...
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

wehitandrun wrote:
I was about to repeat my last post with more clarity- but it doesn't need it. What I said was simple, and you were obviously confused.
Damn straight I was. When you write, "I was responding to his judgement of the southern red neck states- when he doesn't get Ali G, himself" you imply that getting Ali G is requisite for passing judgement on southern red-neck states. Which makes no sense. I just got sick of hearing so much attitude tied to words that mean precisely nothing. You're capable of better, and if you want to justify the chip on your shoulder, you're going to have to be persuasive, not dismissive.

Here's the thing, WHAR: I'm trying to give you a piece of friendly advice. You're an enthusiastic and well-meaning (I do think) young guy but you've got to acquire a bit of humility or you'll continue to come off as a dumb prick. I'm not saying you're a dumb prick, *please* take note. I don't mind extreme opinions; I usually respect them when they're wielded with intelligence and care.
Mike Boom

Post by Mike Boom »

I get Ali G but I dont get jarble.
echos myron like a siren
with endurance like the liberty bell
and he tells you of the dreamers
but he's cracked up like the road
and he'd like to lift us up, but we're a very heavy load
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

WHAR, just because we have a truce doesn't mean you have to look for someone to take my place.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

noiseradio wrote:WHAR, just because we have a truce doesn't mean you have to look for someone to take my place.
Well...he has no loyalty. He dumped me for you the unfaithful bitch!!!
corruptio optimi pessima
A rope leash

Along the road to a real whuppin'

Post by A rope leash »

You guys were just passing flings on his way to his true love, me!

:twisted: :lol:
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Don't talk about my ex that way!
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
A rope leash

A cup or two..

Post by A rope leash »

Yer just jealous 'cause you don't have the tits to keep him!
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

:lol:
You guys actually made me laugh. That bit of posting might actually be the best series of posts on this board.

Jackson meets Noise meets Rope.

I must say that Jackson gave a good fight (That Keith Richards thing was nonsense, though), Noise gave the longest fight (with the most success, it would seem), and Rope just has phoney motives and a lot of down time.
A rope leash

Pha Q, farthead...

Post by A rope leash »

I'm glad to see that WHAR has a sense of humor about himself. There have been various rows among various entities here, yet we all still seem to get along.

Of course, I'm not finished with my objections to WHAR. My motives may be "sly", but they are not "phoney". My main effort is to entertain myself, and hopefully others. Secondly, I want to present alternate, strange, and offbeat new information and ideas, as a way of testing them, and as a way of testing my arguments. Thirdly, I like slapping around petulant fucks who think their ideas and opinions are solid rock.

What, exactly, are WHAR's motives? Perhaps he just likes pissing people off, and perhaps that is because he likes having the shit beat out of him. We keep beating, but there's always more shit. That's probably becasue WHAR is a poor reader, and is incapable of introspection, and is unable to accept criticism, especially in a public forum.

So, he fights back with crude commentary and ridiculous charges, which is about all his limited intellect can accomplish.

It's really quite tiresome.

This link is a gift from me to WHAR...

http://www.geocities.com/aropeleash/mantits.jpg

...and before you retort, WHAR, no, that's not me, that's YOU!

Or your dad. Or maybe your mother.