I'm off to work!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Looks fine to me, MBA. Then again, I am a guy so I am sorta stupid about these things.

Congrats to you, Mike! May your marriage be as long and satisfying as a case of toilet paper! Seriously, I'm very happy for you and I hope it was a beautiful ceremony.
Mike Boom

Post by Mike Boom »

Yes, I am for real, heh - thanks for all the best wishes folks - all went exceedingly well - had a lovely ceremony in my parents back yard by the swimming pool on a very hot sunny summers day - lots of champagne - lots of good music - lots of friends and relatives - lots of food.

Mrs Boom hails from Dallas, Texas and we will be going back there to live in a few weeks - so its goodbye Auckland and hello Dallas - will post more soon when I have a bit of time. (yes bob, have known Mrs Boom for many years).
echos myron like a siren
with endurance like the liberty bell
and he tells you of the dreamers
but he's cracked up like the road
and he'd like to lift us up, but we're a very heavy load
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Wow, from NZ to Texas. That's quite a move! Hope to see you back soon with pics from the big day! Congrats!
bobster

Post by bobster »

Mike Boom wrote:Mrs Boom hails from Dallas, Texas and we will be going back there to live in a few weeks - so its goodbye Auckland and hello Dallas - will post more soon when I have a bit of time. (yes bob, have known Mrs Boom for many years).
Well, at least now it's clear why, on your visit here, you're choice of U.S. destination was Dallas! You mentioned something about having "friends" there and my first thought was Noiseradio...Apparently I was very, very wrong...or was I.... :? Well, since you're living in Texas, I guess we can rule out that possibilty.

In any case, welcome in to the good ol' U.S. of A...you're coming just in time for the dismantling of our social safety net. Enjoy!
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I really am off to work. This morning I start my new job, which means I'll likely be unable to post as much during the day for a while. But I'm looking forward to this new opportunity.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

good luck, blue!
Like me, the "g" is silent.
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

And with Blue off at his "real" job - I'm having my first week alone at work. Not as bad as I thought it would be. We're pretty slow today.

Need to find a way to keep busy.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Blue, welcome to the working week. :) You're bringing home the bacon now.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

oooh Miss BA that's not bad at all....kinda sexy even.....you don't look like Bonnie Franklin!!!!!!!!! More like Mckenzie Phillips...hæ hæ...... :lol:
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Congratulations Mike Boom - I wish you health wealth and much happiness in your new life together! Post us some pictures of the happy day!

MISS BA: You look lovely - as always - very sophisticated!

BC: I hope your first day went well!

RED SHOES: Im sure being apart a bit will make you appreciate each other even more! I work with my partner and sometimes you can be together too much for a good thing!
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

*poses the retorical question....* why are women so self critical???!

As I tell my female friends...........it's not perfection that moves a man, it's fire in the soul and a playfullness and lust for life that makes it all work, and pumps our nads.
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

I love your haircut! It's retro without being too trendy. And, being the victim of many a horrible hacking, I shall give you the Bad Haircut Victims' Motto: "It'll Grow Back".
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

I have my first academic presentation next month! I'm presenting a paper on sexuality and race in the works of James Baldwin and Samuel Delany. This will be my first symposium! I ROCK!

(To academic nerds, this will make sense. The rest of you can just nod and smile and pretend to care. :oops: )
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

Gillibeanz wrote:RED SHOES: Im sure being apart a bit will make you appreciate each other even more! I work with my partner and sometimes you can be together too much for a good thing!
Thanks, Gilli. It's really not so bad - I'm just used to being spoiled rotten :)
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Copenhagen Fan wrote:*poses the retorical question....* why are women so self critical???!

As I tell my female friends...........it's not perfection that moves a man, it's fire in the soul and a playfullness and lust for life that makes it all work, and pumps our nads.
If you're talking about me, I'm not being self-critical, I'm being critical of the guy who hacked off all of my hair! I think those pictures are hot, despite the haircut.

And, to be honest, I'm sort of getting to like it. It's a totally different look, curly.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

ok..I guess I'm wrong again :lol:
bobster

Post by bobster »

SoLikeCandy wrote:I have my first academic presentation next month! I'm presenting a paper on sexuality and race in the works of James Baldwin and Samuel Delany. This will be my first symposium! I ROCK!

(To academic nerds, this will make sense. The rest of you can just nod and smile and pretend to care. :oops: )
I just caught up this, SoLike -- I'm not an academic but I'd be happy to play on one TV. Sounds great!

In any case, I've always wanted to check up on Mr. Delaney (probably read a few of his short stories as a young SF geek -- that's Science Fiction geek, for you mundanes. Still, never knew which novel to start with the guy.

His most famous book remains "Dahlgren", I think -- but I can't forget the following "Great Karnak" style SF geek joke:

Answer: The core of the sun. The center of the earth. Page 60 of "Dahlgren."
Question: Name three places than mankind will never reach.
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
VonOfterdingen

Post by VonOfterdingen »

Rediscovering Massive Attacks "Blue Lines" - Still great
I'm not buying my share of souvenirs
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

miss buenos aires wrote:
Copenhagen Fan wrote:something.....
pumps our nads.
I think those pictures are hot, despite the haircut.

And, to be honest, I'm sort of getting to like it. It's a totally different look, curly.
So, did you end up showing any pictures of the totally different look that was curly?