Why My Ex Boyfriend Is a Jerk

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Are you a pretty short girl or a pretty, short girl? Or both?
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Well, much as we all admire the man for many things, I think it's pretty clear that EC would be a bad partner in a relationship. No staying power.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

I'm quite certain Elvis is not the cook-clean-iron type!!

SLC, you're a spirited and gorgeous gal with a great head on your shoulders, and anyone in their right mind would follow you around like a puppy. I hope you find just the puppy you want, when you want.

Question is, when you want to settle down, are you in a position to know if you're 'settling'? Ahh, this serial monogamy stuff is difficult...
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

noiseradio wrote:Well, much as we all admire the man for many things, I think it's pretty clear that EC would be a bad partner in a relationship. No staying power.
NO WOMAN WANTS A MAN WITH NO STAYING POWER!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

I've not had the best of luck with relationships. Granted, I'm only 24, but I've spent the majority of my twenties with two men (not at the same time!), so I'm quite green to the whole dating thing. Right now, I just want to do well in school, have my friends over for dinner, go out with the girls and get stupidly drunk every few months and not worry about being lectured about hwo he doesn't like my friends or my clothes or my financial choices or my unwillingness to buy a different car because the one I drive now is a rust bucket.

I'm not a bad looking chocolate bunny, but I don't want a guy who's gonna follow me around like a puppy. I want a guy who wants a life with me AND a life of his own. The ex wanted all consuming, cosmic conjoining of the hearts and souls. Sounds pretty, but sometimes you want to breathe.
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

i bet an occasional following around like a puppy would be nice. but all the time, no. i could be a puppy for a couple people i know, but just for real short spells, 'cause it would be very tiring.

SLC, take care of you, and the love will follow. imho.

- realize that i dumped my guy after 10 years, so what the hell do i know, but hey, i believe it. i'm happier now than i've been in eons (though snuggle-less, except for the cat and the non-animate teddy bear.)
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

verbal gymnastics wrote:Are you a pretty short girl or a pretty, short girl? Or both?
:lol: :lol:
I'm fucking not going to answer that!
:lol: :lol:
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

(Forgive me, VG...that was me attempting to be funny and sarcastic~ :( )

But here's a more serious dodge for ya.....beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :)
And I guess at 5'4", I consider myself short....but i suppose that's relative too.

I was just reading a blurb in the paper that said the little guy from Austin Powers fame (Mini Me) is soon to marry his 6'2" yoga instructor.
Go figure! :lol:
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Better off without him, that's all I have to say. Boys can be a lot of fun, but they can be more trouble than they're worth, especially when they catch PDS (Puppy Dog Syndrome) and you feel irrationally guilty for not being as intense about the relationship. Paraphrasing Proust, when one person loves too much, it frees the other person from the obligation of loving enough. How did a guy who spent his life in a bathrobe get so much insight into the human heart?
King of Confidence

Post by King of Confidence »

It should be noted that girls are equally susceptible to PDS.
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Not this girl.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

I made that 'puppy dog' comment very casually, and it's telling, cause I should know better! The upside of PDS is so addictive-- come on, who doesn't like to have or be a happy puppy from time to time???-- but the downside (inability to deal with hardships other than via big sad eyes and whimpers) is a MASSIVE pain in the ass.

I will say no more! But SLC, more power to ya.

Signed,

Sometimes-A-Puppy Mug
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

the Sad Puppy does not work....but the cute and furry hamster does! Maybe only in combination with the Doctor of Death persona, which softens them up so they need the Cute and Furry Hamster, which allows one to show their feminine side.

I shaved my armpits last night by the way.
sulkygirl
Location: The Absolute Armpit of the USA--Yakima, Washington (***cough***)

Post by sulkygirl »

Copenhagen Fan wrote:I shaved my armpits last night by the way.
I think that would fall into the category of "Things that make you go Hmmmm?"

:lol:

Now, if I could only get my hubby to shave his...

:roll:
"Love can be stranger than fiction..."
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Dear Sulky...my girlfriend has requested that I shave my entire body....!! Of course I carry out my duty as a loving boyfriend and shave the whole enchilada!