Los Lobos' "Uncomplicated"

Pretty self-explanatory
Shatteredmannequin

Los Lobos' "Uncomplicated"

Post by Shatteredmannequin »

I guess Los Lobos decided to return the favor of Elvis covering "Matter of Time". I just downloaded their cover of "Uncomplicated" from the iTunes Music Store. Very cool. They also cover "Jockey Full of Bourbon" by Tom Waits.
bobster

Post by bobster »

Those are two great, great songs covered by a great band. Wish I could figure out how to work these newfangled computer things.
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

I still purchase music the old fashioned way...I actually BUY the CD in a CD store, They alphabetize and categorize 1000's of CD'c which makes browsing easy...and Fun!

I purchased "Ride This", the Los Lobos Cover's EP just released about a week ago, Now with the disclaimer that I am ardent supporter and fan of the band, and have been for longer than some of the posters to this forum have been walking (much less riding) the face of this earth (26 years), they could probably pull a "Fripp and Eno" and I would find a way to love it.

But "Ride This", the follow-up to "The Ride" is worth the $9.99 I paid for it and more. Uncomplicated, a great song written by a great writer, originally presented by a great singer, and now interpreted by a great band. My first listen left me with a feeling that it was a little too heavy handed an interpretation, but I have grown to really like it. It is, however, not the best song on the record. The covers of Womack, Waits, Willie G, and Alvin are superb. I wish that Marie, Marie (alvin) wasn't a live recording, but it gives an idea of how thrilling this lil' guitar band (with a pretty good sessions drummer) from east LA is when they perfoorm live. I am still buzzing from the HOB show a few weeks back in Anaheim.

Holy Mackeral. These boys are good.However, I will always wonder why they chose Uncomplicated to cover, when the song that follows the "title cut" on the same album is perfectly suited for the wolves, "I hope your Happy Now".

How will the Wolf Fans Survive? Let me count the ways....
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)