Reissue: Get Yourself ANOTHER Another Fool !

Pretty self-explanatory
Taste Of Poison

Reissue: Get Yourself ANOTHER Another Fool !

Post by Taste Of Poison »

Nobody's mentioned it, so I will:

What's happened on the Goodbye Cruel World Re-issue of 'Get Yourself Another Fool' ?
a) They've put a LOT of reverb on the vocals (if it isn't a different vocal take alltogether ?)
b) there's extra bits of guitar at the beginning and end of the song!
Anybody recognises THIS version ?

Has anybody noticed other variations on these CDs that aren't signalled in the loner notes ?
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

This is the original mix that appeared on the Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood single,
http://www.elviscostello.info/disc/offi ... fo_s03.htm
making its cd debut. Great, isn't it?
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Various differences are noted on the Elvis Costello on Rhino site:

http://www.geocities.com/ned3705/rhino.html

Variations can also be found on "Darling, You Know I Wouldn't Lie," "There Won't Be Anymore (live)," "Sittin' And Thinkin' (live)," and "Honey Hush (live)" on the Almost Blue bonus disc and "Strange" and "Leave My Kitten Alone" on disc 1 of Kojak Variety.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Has anyone got the Live in London Kojak Variety promo disc? What's it like?
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

That's the radio broadcast that's available on bootlegs like Hidden Charms and Jesus, This Is Elvis. It's an hour of highlights from the concert held May 17, 1995 to promote the release of Kojak Variety. Elvis is very hoarse throughout.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

It's like the reissue of My Aim Is True, with a different ending to "Mystery Dance." In a sense, I wish he'd left them alone, but in another, I like the slight changes. Tough call.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
TheImposter

Post by TheImposter »

I was weirded out by the fade ending on the Rhino "Mystery Dance" - I thought they had messed up. But I've since read the song ends that way on the original LP. I still prefer the dead-stop.

If they do some kind of "Taking Liberties"-style clearinghouse cd, they should stick those alternate mixes on for the sake of posterity. :)