Dallas Cowboys to release Quincy Carter

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

I am fine with you haveing your opinion and sticking to it, but if they couldn't cut him, then they wouldn't have. You think penny-pinching Jerry Jones is going to open himself up for such an obvious lawsuit? A friend of mine works in the law office that represents the Cowboys. BELIEVE me, all their ducks are in a a row legally and contractually. He couldn't get a judge to hear a complaint if the judge was his uncle.

And the ultra fine line you draw for your previous post is completely laughable. You bellyached in the beginning of the thread that Carter should get to play no matter what he did. It's a defenseless position, and you just keep digging your heels in hoping everyone will say, "Gee, WHAR I never thought of it that way." Not going to happen. Carter fucked up. And I have no sympathy for him. You can have all you want, but he wasn't wronged here. He's the guilty party. Actions have consequences, and he gets to live with his. End of story.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

I'm not asking for any sympathy from you. Quincy Carter is the greatest QB the Cowboys have had and will ever had. They lost a great talent. I believe they should have kept him no matter what.

But, don't try to tell me that they were allowed to cut him. They weren't. Do your research. They could not cut him based solely on the drug situation. They _COULDN'T_. That is why they didn't bring it up in the press conference- to cover their asses. Carter could file a grievance, but they'd have to try and make a case that they didn't cut him for the violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy (because they could not cut him for that reason). :roll:
legman open to offers

Post by legman open to offers »

Whoa, whoa. Q-Car isn't anywhere close to the best qb's of Dallas. Nice comment for shock value though. Jerry and Bill have got their shit together on this and all deals. Q-car is out in the cold on this one.
Now I'm the invisible man, and you can't see me.
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

"Knock Knock WHAR"
"Who's There?"
"Roger Staubach and Troy Aiken"
"Roger Starback and Troy Aching Who?
"Never Mind...We'll try the next door neighbors..."
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

lol
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

:shock:

Those chumps can't hold a candle to Q.
cosmos

Post by cosmos »

Okay WHAR, your football credibility is just about shot. Comparing Quincy Carter to Staubach and Aikman.....give me a break!!

Roger Staubach - Hall of Fame?.....yes
Troy Aikman - Hall of Fame?.....on his way
Quincy Carter.....may not even play five years in the NFL.

Heck, Danny White was better than Quincy's been so far.

Face it, he blew (or snorted) his Dallas career. He'll get another chance with another team at some point. The question is, will he wisen up?

If you really dig the guy, you should hope that he gets help. The reason why they cut him is moot...he won't be back with your team no matter what. The issue that matters is if he's gonna clean up.
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

cosmos- it has not been confirmed that it is cocaine!

I'm not praying he gets help, because it was MOST LIKELY marijuana.
cosmos

Post by cosmos »

I'm not a Cowboys fan, but I was really rooting for Q. Since I live in Tennessee, I hear all about SEC football. And nobody down here was really giving Quincy a chance in the pros. I was hoping Parcells would take him in and really work with him. If Q's contract contained a clause that he can't fail any drug test, then Q violated the contract. I'm not sure about the legality of such a clause, but I'm sure (as Noise said) Jerry has every base covered. I hope the kid gets it together, because he was a good player.

I'll bet he ends up with the Ravens.
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

His contract contained no such clause. It contained a clause about reclaiming any incentives given if Carter were to be cut, though. If they try to go after Carter's money, I hope he goes after them for this bullshit move.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

So you've personally read his entire contract with the Cowboys, waded through all the legalese therein, and you can definitively say there's nothing in it about drugs? Whatever you say.
--William Shakespeare