FYE and the sodding Reissues. (americans only)

Pretty self-explanatory
wehitandrun

FYE and the sodding Reissues. (americans only)

Post by wehitandrun »

http:///www.fye.com has AB/KV/GCW listed as coming out tomorrow.

I have called all of the local FYE's... and, NONE OF THEM HAVE IT IN THEIR COMPUTER. It's right on my damn computer screen.

Should I go there tomorrow, anyway? :x
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Unlike David Cooperfield, Im not an American...but Im going to post on this thread anways...

go to another record store and not an FYE. Cos there sposed to be out tommorow there. Failing that, buy a plane ticket to Britain, pop into the HMV in the departures lounge, buy the CDs and then jump on the next plane back to the US of Ayyyy (Fonzie style)

seriously though, it depends on how far FYE is, whether or not you have enough petrol, whether or not you have money to spend on luxury goods, and also whether or not you can tackle the dissapointment of going to FYE, looking on the FYE shelves, seing no reissues in FYE, asking an FYE uneffected store youth (or 'monkey with a name badge'), and then waiting for him to say FYE do not stock this item, so you then face the dilemma of either having to go to another FYE and saying all that again (I hope it rhymes with pie, but I guess it has three syllables..how predictable)....alternately it might just be there awaiting your ears (and eyes). Joy!

Im tired now.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

They really are coming out tomorrow. I don't know whether FYE will be carrying them, but other stores will.
wardo68

Re: FYE and the sodding Reissues. (americans only)

Post by wardo68 »

wehitandrun wrote:http:///www.fye.com has AB/KV/GCW listed as coming out tomorrow.

I have called all of the local FYE's... and, NONE OF THEM HAVE IT IN THEIR COMPUTER. It's right on my damn computer screen.

Should I go there tomorrow, anyway? :x
Best Buy's site lists them for $14.99, and Circuit City's says they're $13.99. Whether or not the stores will actually have them is another question.

I've always found FYE to be overpriced. If price isn't a problem, check one of your local smaller, independent, non-chain stores. There's gotta be a few of those left in Massachusetts. (Speaking of which, I bet Newbury Comics will have them.)

I don't have any indies in my area, so I'll be hitting up the chains until I've got all three.
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

Neither Newbury Comics or Best Buy have them in their computer either. Is Rhino that shitty of a record label? :roll:
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

There was a time when I enjoyed (and had nothing better to do) than trek around the record shops but the internet has changed all that for me. I shop for practically everything but groceries online.

So I ain't wasting any time, I just order them online and in two days there'll be at my front door.

You can't beat that.
I'm not angry anymore....
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Rhino have no mention of them on http://www.rhino.com, which I find amazing...

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I should really stop ordering things through Amazon.ca. It's now saying that Almost Blue isn't out until August 10th!? Which means that even if Kojak Variety and GCW are out today, they won't get shipped until the 10th. Grr.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
stormwarning

Post by stormwarning »

I bought all three yesterday in Tokyo and enjoyed the warm feeling of carrying them home. Also had the pleasure (thought I'd mention it again) of chatting to The White Stripes' Meg White while I bought them. Now that would NEVER have happened if I'd ordered through Amazon. She was wearing 4-inch heels and a short skirt - she looked much cuter than her pictures.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

stormwarning wrote:I bought all three yesterday in Tokyo and enjoyed the warm feeling of carrying them home. Also had the pleasure (thought I'd mention it again) of chatting to The White Stripes' Meg White while I bought them. Now that would NEVER have happened if I'd ordered through Amazon. She was wearing 4-inch heels and a short skirt - she looked much cuter than her pictures.
That's it then, I'm cancelling my order!
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

DrJ wrote:Rhino have no mention of them on http://www.rhino.com, which I find amazing...

DrJ
They're listed here:
http://www.rhino.com/news/upcoming.lasso

Best Buy and Circuit City both have them listed as out today. And if they don't -- check your local independent retailer!
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

SweetPear wrote:I shop for practically everything but groceries online.
Don't you live in New York? If I lived in New York, I would do all my grocery shopping at http://www.freshdirect.com.
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

stormwarning wrote: She was wearing 4-inch heels and a short skirt - she looked much cuter than her pictures.
I'm praying she's in the same gear when I see them at Marlay Park later on this month.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Ordered mine from http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com for $13.97 a piece. Amazon wanted 14.99 for two of them and 18.99 for GCW. Deep discount is free shipping on all orders. No tax. Can't beat that with a bat.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

That's so counterintuitive, that Amazon would charge more for GCW. What a puzzle.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

oh my, i quite miss the days of ordering my groceries online.

it was FUN! easy to see what was on sale, all in one spot. easy to find things, just make the computer search for them, and voila, cream of tartar. no visiting the market, no annoying whiney brats and their parents who smack them in the store.

and it was all delivered to the *fridge the firm installed* on the screened porch. it was like christmas every delivery day.

of course, that particular company went out of business, and being now a single chick, i buy such small amounts of groceries that it wouldn't be cost effective to have them delivered. but golly, it was a treat while it lasted.

and i really need to go look for the reissues! guess when i last looked it was before they were issued. silly me.
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

Got 'em. They're finally here. A detailed review will follow.
Branst

Post by Branst »

I went and got them at Best Buy. Listening to them right now. $14.99 for each.
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

stormwarning wrote:I bought all three yesterday in Tokyo and enjoyed the warm feeling of carrying them home. Also had the pleasure (thought I'd mention it again) of chatting to The White Stripes' Meg White while I bought them. Now that would NEVER have happened if I'd ordered through Amazon. She was wearing 4-inch heels and a short skirt - she looked much cuter than her pictures.
I'll give you that, Storm!
:lol:
I don't know who I'm kidding~I LOVE the record store. I've spent entire days at Tower Records.

Can't stand Amazon either. I can usually find what I want much cheaper and with free shipping. I only order from Amazon if I'm absolutely stuck.

But mine aren't here yet.
:cry:
jillbeast

Go To Circuit City and Ask :-)

Post by jillbeast »

Got 'em at the Emeryville, CA Circuit City for $11.99 each. I was thrilled!

I had to ask because they didn't have them out yet. Sheesh, I coulda saved a bunch by not going to Tower, but I had a $20 Gift Cert. and it came to $20.65 for ONE CD (Goodbye Cruel World).

Jill
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

Poppet~
That is so cool. I WISH I COULD ORDER MY GROCERIES AND HAVE THEM DELIVERED TO MY HOUSE!!!!!
I know there's companies that do that, but I never really looked into it that hard. Shopping for seven people is a huge, huge chore. Not that it's difficult, just very time consuming. A quick "tide-me-over-for-a-few-days" trip is usually 30, 40, 50 bucks. ( I'm talking milk, bread, yogurt, etc.)

New York has those wonderful markets with all the beautiful produce and flowers and bread. And everything is FRESH!! I love that. We don't have markets like that here. We have a big, open air market, but it's not just down the block! (And it's only open 3 days a week.)
If you like to cook and prepare your own food, being able to go to the market every day is invaluable. You can't beat shopping in New York, any kind of shopping. There's nowhere else like it.

I don't live in New York. I live in Pennsylvania where all the New York commuters live. My husband's office is in the city and he works with pretty much all Manhattanites and Englewood Cliffs New Jerseyans. They all think we're farmers. (I don't mean that derogatorily.) I mean it's rural, but they think we're Amish because we live in Pennsylvania.
BrilliantMistake45

Post by BrilliantMistake45 »

I bought all 3 at Circuit City today and I got them all cheaper because they rang up wrong.
I wish that I could push a button
And talk in the past and not the present tense
And watch this hurtin' feeling disappear
Like it was common sense
It was a fine idea at the time
Now it's a brilliant mistake

~Elvis Costello
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

I got 2 of them at Newbury Comics for 11.88 each! (my aim is true's rhino reissue was only 9.99)

I love the country Motel Matches, the country Girls Talk, the remastered Psycho, and the GCW bonus disc.

I haven't listened to all of AB yet(only those three tracks listed above), or all of GCW, but I love what I've heard..

GCW has, by far, EC's best album cover.
sabreman

Post by sabreman »

>>GCW has, by far, EC's best album cover.

MW aka SN = Fencer LOL!

-Sabreman
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

:lol: It's genius!