Legman Visits Huntsville

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Legman Visits Huntsville

Post by DrSpooky »

What a treat it was for Spooky, the kids and I to meet up with Legman and his two great sons for an evening on Friday as they came through town on their way home from visiting family.

It was such a pleasure to meet him. He's a devoted dad and it was nice to kick back, have a few drinks, and just relax and talk. Our thanks to him for stopping through our fair city. :)
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Yes, it was a real treat to meet the Legman, and his two great kids. My four kids had a blast with them, swimming and playing X-box.

Thanks for coming our way, Legman! :)
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Have the kids got the soccer game Fifa 2003 on the XBox? It's ace!!!
legman open to offers

Post by legman open to offers »

Hey guys it was great meeting you too! A breezy Huntsville evening, poolside, pizza, beer, and Tuaca equal good times. The kids got along great. Did have the unfortunate blowing of pizza chunks. :( It wasn't really out of our way, and hope to see you again. Thanks for having us.
Right now the temp changes between Indiana and Texas is trying to make me sick. It's trying to knock my diller in the dirt.
Fuckwad.
Now I'm the invisible man, and you can't see me.
legman open to offers

LC, they don't have that soccer game, I think all they've been playing is that friggin Halo.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Tuaca?
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

He was kind enough to share some. Nice stuff. :)

http://www.tuaca.com/got_tu_know.asp
legman open to offers

I should have left the bottle. Always thinking of myself. :)
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Don't sweat it. I am perfectly capable of making a liquor run on my own. :)

You were on the road with two kids - after all that driving you most certainly should NOT have given up your bottle.
Otis Westinghouse

70 per cent proof! never seen this in Italy. Will have to look when I go shortly.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

My favorite Italian drinks right now are Averna (amaro) and Campari. You have those much when you were in Italy Otis?

Vorrei un' amaro Averna per favore.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

I recently went from Mobile to Virginia. We were close to Huntsville. I should have just dropped by unannounced, helped myself to some food and beer and just worn out my welcome. Well, maybe next time.
legman open to offers

I'll have to look up Cosmos when I travel through Nashville next time. I'm usually through there about 4 times a year.
I almost knocked the rest of the Tuaca out last night. I'll have another bottle by the weekend.
Last edited by legman open to offers on Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

I hope anyone from this board that ever moves through this city would let us know.

Crash - next time, okay?

And good luck catching cosmos - we've been hitting and missing for months now. Whenever I'm in Nashville, he's gone. :? I'll eventually get him though.
cosmos

Post by cosmos »

I know, I know...and I'm very sorry Spooky! I'm not planning any trips until next year, so I should be around next time you venture up here. Did you know that Steve Cropper owns Boscos?

And legman, please do let me know if you pass through the Music City. My schedule is crazy, but with enough notice, I should be able to meet up.

That goes for all of you others, too!!
Otis Westinghouse

Noise: not sure about Averna per se, but have had various weird amari in Italia. I love it when you go to a bar and get il aperitivo della casa, and you haven't a clue what's in it, but it's some mindbogglingly subtle and sophisticated combination of bitter and sweet, tough and fruity. I was challenged to drink some sort of erbi amari once, if that's how you write it, maybe 'herbi', it was like a glass of bile. The Italians can be very outlandish with their drinks, but I love their style. Campari I like in interesting combinations.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

What combinations? I've had it straight and with soda.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
stormwarning

Post by stormwarning »

campari, gin and vermouth in equal proportions = negroni. Unfortunate name, great drink.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Will try that. Thanks.
--William Shakespeare
Otis Westinghouse

I was in a low-key residential quarter of Bologna, and we went to an average looking bar, but the bar was strewn with loads of delicious snacks to accompany your aperitivo, and the one of choice that evening featured something bizarre like campari with tangerine liqueur! There were other flavours too, all adding up to that amazing mix of sweet and bitter and aromatic that is so Italian. I could have stayed for hours, heaven.
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

For some reason, Otis's post made me wonder...let's say that Heaven and Hell exist. Do you think people headed for Hell get to spend a few hours in Heaven first, just so they can see what they're missing? That would be even worse than going straight to Hell...
Otis Westinghouse

Exactly, and they drink one aperitivo della casa too many so that the hangover is already kicking in by the time they reach Hell.

By the way, I have been to Hel, and back.

(That's not a typo, it is Hel, a spit of land above Gdansk in Poland. The sea was pure ice, even in sizzling heat.)