to quote Fred Wilard, 'Wha' Happen?"

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
noiseradio

to quote Fred Wilard, 'Wha' Happen?"

Post by noiseradio »

So there was this thread posted by El Vez called "A Perhaps Naive Request" or something like that. Basically a call for civility on the board. There were several differing opinions offered, the last of which was mine, wherein I lamented the decline in the discourse and pondered a few possible ways it had been dragged down, by many of us, myself included.

Where'd that thread go, exactly? It seems to have been disappeared. I looked through several pages of threads in the Annex. Not there. Then I looked through my own posts. Not there.

What was contraversial about that thread? What had been said that was so inflammatory as to deserve deletion? Why was it ok for a couple of days to speak ill of Mr. Average, but when a possible different spin or two is offered, the thread is zapped? Or did a Rope Leash finally get to me, and I'm suddenly paranoid?

Just wondering.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

"I don't think so!"

El Vez requested that I remove the thread. I won't go into it any further, but it had nothing to do with any of the responses.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

Blue did something that had to be done and I completely back him up. It was - and is - a complicated personal matter that has nothing to do with any other board member. It just had to be done.

I hope everyone can find it in their hearts to accept this. Honestly, there is no ill intent meant to anyone here on the board.
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

I trust the moderator(s) completely, as I'm sure Noise does too. You guys do a great job.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Well, pophead, I don't trust anyone completely, except my wife. I'm sure there's a good explanation, that the moderators had their reasons; I just wanted to know what they were. So I asked, and was told that they did in fact have their reasons and that that would have to be enough. And it is.

By the way, I met Fred Willard about a week ago. He was arriving at the Marco Polo airport in Venice when I was about to fly from Venice to Naples. His wife took a picture of us together, though I didn't have my camera. He signed my Venice tourist map, though, right under....

Peter Boyle, who I met the night before in front of a Gelateria near San Marco. Peter Boyle signed "Holy Crap! Love Venice...Peter Boyle."

Fred Willard said, get this, that he and his wife were meeting the Boyles in Venice. They were vacationing together, and I met them both in completely different places, under utterly coincidental circumstances. How weird/cool is that?
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
bambooneedle

Re: to quote Fred Wilard, 'Wha' Happen?"

Post by bambooneedle »

noiseradio wrote: Or did a Rope Leash finally get to me, and I'm suddenly paranoid?
If you're paranoid there's no need to blame the absent.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

I'd explain how that was supposed to be humorous, but that always seems to just piss you off. More.
--William Shakespeare
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

:lol:
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

What are you talking about... i LOVE IT when you explain your jokes...
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

I think it's more that you just love taking shots at me. The last month must have been lonely.
--William Shakespeare
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

noise! You're the best.

The man is defending himself, and somehow he will be considered the instigator in the end.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

WHAR,

No doubt you are right. I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for saying it for me.
--William Shakespeare
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Oh, yeah!??

Instigator of what major sin, exactly?
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Noize....what happened to civil??? :lol: That lasted about en hour
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Bamboo, I think WHAR was saying I would be called the instigator in the end. I may be wrong, but that's what I thought he meant.

And given Cope Fan's recent post, it would appear that he's right.

Cope, I'm being incredibly civil. And this doesn't concern you. Have a great day!
--William Shakespeare
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

Exactly.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

"The instigator"... Rope would have loved that.
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

Yeah, that's the english language right there. A beautiful thing.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Bambooneedle,

I don't really know what this is, this exchange. It seems that I made a referrence to Rope that you resented. I meant nothing by it, but I apologize anyway, as it has clearly gotten under your skin. (Or maybe it stuck in your craw. Can't tell from here). But I only apologize to Rope, who isn't here to hear it. That's ok, I think, since he wasn't here to be insulted by what I said in the first place. Good of you to take offense for him, even though no harm was meant (nor, I think, caused). I think Rope would himself have laughed, were he here to read it. Again, I'd explain why I think so, but surely the hole in the ground created by the continued driving of this topic therein is large enough.

By the way, just for the record, the topic was a question as to why a thread had been deleted. That was answered, and life should have gone on from there. I even tried to help it along, by pointing out that I met Fred Willard and Peter Boyle, two of my favorite comedic actors. That didn't raise any interest, so the thread seemed to be destined for ultimate extinction until this lovely last few days of you misunderstanding me AND We Hit And Run, Cope adding his two unsolicited cents to yours, and the continued cryptic sniping on your part. ("Sniping"...Rope would have loved that). I'm still not sure what wonder the term "instigator" holds for you, but no one was calling you an instigator, nor were they calling Rope an instigator. (Especially from this thread, I can't begin to imagine why you would think anyone was calling you an instigator.) WHAR was predicting that noiseradio would be named an instigator; pretty astute of him, no? But surely you already knew that and this last paragraph, like my post-joke explanations, was futile. I feel fairly certain that it would profit us not at all to explore this further, so I'm going to take a moment to talk about coffee.

I had a really excellent cup of espresso today. Of course it comes in a demitasse cup, and a single serving only fills half of the demitasse cup (which itself means "half cup"). In a sense, then, if a regular cup of coffee is the standard unit of measure, a serving of espresso is only 1/4 full. But I prefer to think of it as 1/4 bitter and 3/4 empty.
Last edited by noiseradio on Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
--William Shakespeare
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

P.S. to Cope. Was that uncivil?
--William Shakespeare
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

You know, things are getting faggy and hot. Not my style.

I just like a bit of judo, that's all.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Well at least, if you're gonna call me a fag, you called me a hot fag.

What a nice guy you are.
--William Shakespeare
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

Noise, this is where you should just pull out.

If it is going to get this ridiculous, then it is officially a waste of time. Let Bamboo sit it out and think about what he has done. :roll:
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Noise, you always seem to take things so literally and so personally, for maximum instant victim status. How so very grim.

I didn't really call you "a fag", I wouldn't call anybody that.

But... if, via your perception, you taste some cutting personal insults, so what? It might do you some good to know the taste. For when you're dishing them out.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Let it lie guys...what is it with these little nitpicking exchanges? FFS!