Back to where we left off (conversation killers...)

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

I just had 72 kids who had their last day of high school - do you know how great that feels - for ME? :lol:
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

I've got zero kids this weekend and a hotel room booked in another city - do you know how good that feels for ME? :lol:
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

I've got a boring weekend with no hotel and treats booked - and on sunday am going for a family conference on how to help my alcoholic sister who is in a right state again - do you know how that feels for me? :cry:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Actually, Gilli, I do. I have several people on both sides of my family who were substance abusers of some kind and I have had to deal with it for most of my life. I suppose that's why I practically run myself ragged trying to be an over-achiever - just to prove that I'm not like the rest of them.

You're a good woman, Gilli.
verena

Random reading

Post by verena »

Hi Spooky ! I know I am new and probably should not get worried with your business, but please don't go kill yourself with being an over achiever.

What on earth do you have to prove ?

As far as I am concerned, when I suddenly decided that I don't have to prove anything to anybody after all, just cannot bear to be ashamed of myself and must be into some action to avoid that, well it was a divine relief. Life is still killing me, but at least I am justabout happy now (whatever may hit me, which does, a lot).
So lay back girl, if you can (easier said than done, I know, I know). And best of luck to you.

V
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

Verena~ you're so right. I've just recently come to that epiphany myself and it truly is a divine relief.
I'm not angry anymore....
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

spooky only has elvis epiphanies :)
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

No, not exactly true, dear Oily. My Elvis epiphany was just really, really special.

So many people in my family fell short of their potential because of stupid decisions in their life. I will always make extra special effort in my life to be more than they were. In an odd way, that gives me comfort. I'm doing what I know is good for myself and my own family. So I'm actually overachieving in a healthy way guys, so not to worry about me.

After all, I am treating myself and the hubby to a weekend away from the kids. In a just a few short hours I will be drinking wine and soaking in a hot tub.

But you guys carry on here without me. :wink: