About our wonderful selves - answer a question and ask one

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I like the Gram Parsons & Emmylou Harris version myself, but go on :D
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Tim(e)

Post by Tim(e) »

Most food eaten in one sitting?

I once was lucky enough to be invited to a meal at a farmhouse while visiting a very traditional small village in Iwate-ken in Japan. It was 11 or 12 courses (kaiseki style) and ranged in taste (for my western sensibilities) from heaven to hell. If you are ever offered a dried fish known as "kusaiya" or raw sea cucumber known as "namako"... run like the wind :!:

Have you ever stolen anything?

A 2 inch long plastic tiki (a New Zealand maori spirit image which is worn around the neck) from a Coles store in Melbourne; value maybe 50 cents. I have often been tempted to burst into a police station one day, confessing to this crime that was committed over 40 years ago.

Polka dots or plaid?

Polka dots definitely. For some reason plaid always conjures up images of retired old farts in Florida (despite the fact I have never been there). Even dead men don't wear plaid.

Which is worse "hurts so good" or "love hurts"?

Can't remember ;)
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Hurts So Good, cos the other one can't annoy me if I don't know it. And I've never heard Nazareth on the radio.

Describe one of your workmates in detail...
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Hey Boo, that's not in the form of a question! :wink:
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

I know, it's a moral mandate. But, ok, since I'm breakin' all the rules...
bambooneedle wrote:Describe one of your workmates in detail....
CAN YOU describe on of your workmates in detail? (Well, if you can, DO IT!)
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Her name is Wylene. When I first started working here, my son called her Miss Why Me. Which is the most apt description ever given by a four year old. She has white hair and the buggy-eyed appearance you get with a hyperactive thyroid. She is about 5 feet tall and has tiny feet. Scrawny legs, barrel chested. She's always asking me to reach things for her and saying things about my shoes, making me feel like some amazon with grotesquely big feet (5'6", size 8 american--which is very, very average, btw). She turns on the a/c when it's 50 degrees out. She makes these animal noises when she's thinking--little grunts and moans (kind of billy bob in slingblade). The old boss used to say she was lazy, and that's true in the workplace. She waits for somebody else to go to the printer and bring her whatever she might have printed. Familiarity does breed contempt, it's true.

I think this has already been asked, but since I had to describe a coworker, I'm thinking job interview questions. What is your best quality? What is your worst?
Like me, the "g" is silent.
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

bambooneedle wrote:Hurts So Good, cos the other one can't annoy me if I don't know it. And I've never heard Nazareth on the radio.
you are a lucky man.
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Mellenchump's got a couple of good songs...
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

mood swung wrote:I'm thinking job interview questions. What is your best quality? What is your worst?
Best quality - honesty. I don't mind admitting when I've made a mistake
Worst quality - honesty. Sometimes I need to bite my lip. I've been told that I don't suffer fools gladly. But who does? :?

What is your favourite joke?
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

These friars were behind on their belfry payments, so they opened up a small florist shop to raise the funds. Since everyone liked to buy flowers from the "men of God", the rival florist across town thought the competition was unfair. He asked the good fathers to close down, but they would not. He went back and begged the friars to close. They ignored him. He asked his mother to go and ask the friars to get out of business. They ignored her too. So, the rival florist hired Hugh MacTaggart, the roughest and most vicious thug in town to "persuade" them to close. Hugh beat up the friars and trashed their store, saying he'd be back if they didn't close shop. Terrified, they did so - thereby proving - Are you ready for this? that Hugh, and only Hugh, can prevent florist friars.

maybe you have to see the old Smoky the Bear ads to fully appreciate that. I grew up inside national parks. Smoky is my friend.

Betty or Veronica? Mary Ann or Ginger? Laverne or Shirley?
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

mood swung wrote:Betty or Veronica? Mary Ann or Ginger? Laverne or Shirley?
Betty (though I never really read Archie at all), Mary Ann, and Shirley.

What's the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for you?
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

Why is it always Ginger or Mary Anne? Why can't it be Ginger and Mary Anne? ....I'm just sayin'.
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

RedShoes wrote:What's the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for you?
Didn't you already ask this? Are you hinting to someone that maybe he could be a little more romantic, and get some suggestions from this thread?
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

just for BWAP:

Ginger and Mary Ann OR Betty and Veronica OR Laverne and Shirley?
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

miss buenos aires wrote:
RedShoes wrote:What's the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for you?
Didn't you already ask this? Are you hinting to someone that maybe he could be a little more romantic, and get some suggestions from this thread?
Nope - but I had to look to make sure - and found that the question has been posted before by gethappier though and I missed it. Hehe. And no, no hints - I'm just a sap for romantic gestures.....so how about this instead:

What's the most romantic thing you've ever done for anyone else? :)
Boy With A Problem

Mood -

Not Laverne & Shirley!

Betty and Veronica - enticing - but ultimately they are comic book characters.

Tina Louise and Dawn Wells circa 1965 - that's a twin spin you could get your arms around.
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

The most romantic thing I've ever done was completely serendipitous, so I don't know if I should get credit.

Driving with the man of the house along the coast of Maine, summer 1993, totally lost, weather looks like it's gonna get bad, starving to death, and we are completely annoyed and bitching at one another. Navigatrix me directed the driver wrongly and now we are even more lost. Tears (mine) and recrimination. We spotted a beat-up sign for So-and-so's lobster pound, and hoped against hope that it was still a going concern--judging from the sign, it was a long-shot. The one car in the parking lot gave us hope. We walked down a long path toward the water and the fog is now rolling in so thick we can hardly see 10 feet in front of us. The lobster shack loomed before us. We walked in, and the kid behind the counter said, "Do you want the special?" Didn't know what the special was, but we said sure, and out came 4 steamed lobsters, a bucket of steamers, 4 cold bottles of beer, boiled corn and half a blueberry pie. We took them outside to the lone picnic table on the deck, and the fog enveloped us as the seals swam by and the birds swooped down, then disappeared into the fog again. We were the only customers, and there was something about the atmosphere and the fog and the food that just erased all the angst and made everything right again. Best meal I'd had before or since, and the most romantic evening I've ever had.

What kind of car did you learn to drive in?
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Well, I'm probably pretty lucky since my dad worked for a car dealership and he would let me practice in brand new cars. Mostly oldsmobiles, but plush and great stereos. He even let me drive a new one to my senior homecoming. Looking back, it was crazy of him to let me do that, although I was a responsible girl. But as good as my Jessica is, I will never put her in a brand new car. She turns 15 in a few days and DrS has been biting his nails.

Which would you do over - high school or college?
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

High School, then I could have gone to a better college and could re do that as well.

Have you ever had a weggie that tore you underware out of your pants?
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

English here - wots a weggie???
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Boy With A Problem

Imagine - BWAP giving spelling advice - but I would spell it w-e-d-g-i-e.

Gilli - it's when someone grabs you underpants (knickers?) from behind and pulls them up - fast and hard.

A great Seinfeld epsiode revolves around wedgies - "Can'tStandYa!" - a rather unpleasant experience - most likely to happen in gym class or the locker room.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Ewww - sounds painful! Reminds me of school when I was a teenager. I went to an all girls school and in biology class we had to sit on stools with a hole in the wooden seat supposedly to put your had through to make them easy to carry. The 'bad' girls of the class who were always troublemakers used to sneak up behind everyone and ram a ruler up the gap (pardon my pun!). I think many of us may have lost our virginity to a ruler - although I guess we could boast at least it was a 12 incher!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

:lol: :shock: :lol: you went to school with some mean ass girls!

to answer the wedgie question: no. can't recall getting one at all. but that makes me think of a question--

can females be wedgied?
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Only if we're wearing underwear. Non-thong, that is. Thongs sort of take the work--and the point--out of wedgies.
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

You have made an accidental historical reference. Before there were thongs, there were weggies.