Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

EC on Craig Kilborn Friday night , Feb. 6

Post by johnfoyle »

Craig Kilborn just mentioned EC as an upcoming guest
on the Late Late Show.

The Late Night TV page has it as:

Friday, February 6
Elvis Costello, Scott Stapp, Five for Fighting.

http://www.interbridge.com/lineupsdate.html#2/6/04
HungupStrungup

Post by HungupStrungup »

This show comes on after Letterman tonight, at approximately 12:35 EST (check your local listings). If you plan on taping it rather than being in/staying up to watch, set the VCR for an extra long session. There will be a segment of approximately 20 minutes, then CBS will cut away for 15 minutes of PGA Golf Tournament commentary; after that, they'll return for another 40 minutes of Kilborn, and most likely Elvis will perform toward the end of that segment.

If you started taping at 12:35 for 60 or even 65 minutes, chances are you'd miss EC.
"But it's a dangerous game that comedy plays
Sometimes it tells you the truth
Sometimes it delays it"
BlueChair

Re: EC on Craig Kilborn Friday night , Feb. 6

Post by BlueChair »

johnfoyle wrote: Friday, February 6
Elvis Costello, Scott Stapp, Five for Fighting.
I hope they have a deathmatch which involves Elvis beating up Scott Stapp (leader of Creed)
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
HungupStrungup

Post by HungupStrungup »

That particular deathmatch isn't likely, but you could still see blood on the floor if Kilborn tries any of his "witty banter" on Elvis. Our man will eviscerate him.

The last time he was on, Craig didn't talk with him, and my advice would be to make the same choice. Just show the album, mention the Grammies and let him sing.
Sometimes it delays it"
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

HungupStrungup wrote:This show comes on after Letterman tonight, at approximately 12:35 EST (check your local listings). If you plan on taping it rather than being in/staying up to watch, set the VCR for an extra long session. There will be a segment of approximately 20 minutes, then CBS will cut away for 15 minutes of PGA Golf Tournament commentary; after that, they'll return for another 40 minutes of Kilborn, and most likely Elvis will perform toward the end of that segment.

If you started taping at 12:35 for 60 or even 65 minutes, chances are you'd miss EC.
Who are you who are so wise in the ways of television??

Thanks.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

What the hell is this golf shit? Kilborn sucks so bad. I wonder how much that opening bit pissed off Elvis.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
HungupStrungup

Post by HungupStrungup »

"You started out as a punk . . . . . . now you've mellowed . . . . . you probably listen to a lot of jazz because of your wife . . . . . I'm a big fan."

Yeah, sure you are, asshole.
Sometimes it delays it"
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

Was it just me or did he seem <i>annoyed</i> that Elvis played on the show?
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

As always, there's an mp3 here
http://www.geocities.com/L_Elvis_Cool_J/
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

Sounds great, who's playing the mandolin?
Mr. Misery

Post by Mr. Misery »

Thanks very much, Martin. I was just about to ask what song he did and how the performance was as I missed it, but now I'm downloading from the link you provided. Ta.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Elvis performed "The Scarlet Tide" on ukelele.

I like how Kilborn told Elvis that he's mellowed. I guess he hasn't been to any Imposters gigs.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Does anyone have the slightest idea what song the second Elvis impersonator was trying to do? (He said it was from King of America, but I sure didn't recognize it.)
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

He seemed to just shout out "The Big Light!" really quickly and muddled.
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

As I mentioned in tonights Grammy Post, the Kilborn interview was an embarrassment.

[kilborn in an exasperated voice] "Punk-Punk-Punk1"
[Costello in a demeaning and remarkably witty retort] "Tall Guy" Tall Guy" "Tall Guy"

Then Costello told him to relax...or something to that effect. Only part of the talking that was worth while.

The impersonations were embarrassing. The unbridled narcissism of Kilborn is so very boring that I can hardly watch him anymore. And he was so ill-prepared to speak with Elvis, it was an embarrassment.

EC won't be back.
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)