Elvis, Diana and The Mobester with Post-Its on foreheads

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Elvis, Diana and The Mobester with Post-Its on foreheads

Post by johnfoyle »

http://sfj.abstractdynamics.org/archives/001527.html

We never get to celebritize!

We also never go to spots this nice, but tonight we got to rock the corpo plastic at Nobu, which deserves whatever retarded rep it has. Food was bananas. How did we get in? Apparently the Super Bowl happened today and nobody eats sushi when that's going on. Adorable.

So who's eating edamame at the table across from us? Elvis Costello, Diana Kralll, Moby and five other filler people. Fine. Here's the upgrade: For reasons unbeknownst to us audience members, Elvis, Diana and The Mobester decided to rock Post-Its on their foreheads for close to an hour. Don't know what was written on them but I am sure it was delightfully relevant to something. I did not send Elvis a drink, despite wanting to desperately. 1981: Palladium: me, turning 14, Elvis touring on Trust. Squeeze opened. G-g-g-g-gangsta!

Posted by Sasha at February 1, 2004 11:02 PM | TrackBack
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.newyorkmetro.com/nymetro/new ... index.html

Celebrity Guess: Head Games
The Post-it note is apparently the new Kabbalah bracelet. All the celebrities are wearing them. On their foreheads, no less. Mike Myers and his wife, Robin Ruzan; Elvis Costello and his wife, Diana Krall; and Moby recently dined at Nobu with notes attached to their craniums in the midst of a rousing game of “Guess Which Celebrity Name I’ve Got Stuck to My Head” (technically called “I’m a Blah Blah.”) Moby guessed that he was Tom Cruise by asking, “Am I a super-hunk?” It took a little longer for Myers to ascertain that he was Jay Leno, and Costello was equally stumped that he was Cher. (Had they been wearing their own names, there might have been a collective existentialist meltdown.)
migdd

Post by migdd »

I guess it's better than doing too many drugs or mass orgies. . .
Pov

Re: Elvis, Diana and The Mobester with Post-Its on forehead

Post by Pov »

johnfoyle wrote:http://sfj.abstractdynamics.org/archives/001527.html

We never get to celebritize!

We also never go to spots this nice, but tonight we got to rock the corpo plastic at Nobu, which deserves whatever retarded rep it has. Food was bananas. How did we get in? Apparently the Super Bowl happened today and nobody eats sushi when that's going on. Adorable.

So who's eating edamame at the table across from us? Elvis Costello, Diana Kralll, Moby and five other filler people. Fine. Here's the upgrade: For reasons unbeknownst to us audience members, Elvis, Diana and The Mobester decided to rock Post-Its on their foreheads for close to an hour. Don't know what was written on them but I am sure it was delightfully relevant to something. I did not send Elvis a drink, despite wanting to desperately. 1981: Palladium: me, turning 14, Elvis touring on Trust. Squeeze opened. G-g-g-g-gangsta!

Posted by Sasha at February 1, 2004 11:02 PM | TrackBack
Hey, I was at the same concert that Sasha was at!!!
scielle
Location: Berkeley, CA; London, UK; Montreal QC; Toronto ON; New York

Post by scielle »

Ha! Look what I found -

ReadyToHearTheWorst

Post by ReadyToHearTheWorst »

Ms Krall's appears to say 'Sonny Bono' - any idea about that other chap's?
"I'm the Rock and Roll Scrabble champion"
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

Cher
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Now that's funny.

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

I agree! They'd do a bang-up version of THE BEAT GOES ON, no?

And may I say that I love the idea of E getting chummy with Moby? Ahh, New Yorkers. I think Moby is incredibly smart and talented, and his musical knowledge is wide and quirky like E's. I'd love to see them do something together, with Moby as Brian Eno to Elvis's David Byrne (or pick another example).