Play that fast thing one more time?

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
TheComedian

Play that fast thing one more time?

Post by TheComedian »

Greetings!

Does anybody know who controls the Nick Lowe back catalogue now? I have not been able to find any contact information for Demon records and nicklowe.com doesn't seem to work. I have been able to find the address for Riviera Global Productions.

A couple years ago, a friend of mine succeeded in getting Blue Note to reissue at least one record with a letter writing campaign. I would love to get Nick's stuff on CD.

Any ideas? Anyone?

Thanks!
I don't care if I'm right or wrong,
Or if my typewriter can spell.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Do you mean Brinsley Schwarz stuff? They were all reissued a few years back in double-album CD format, and are still available on amazon.co.uk.

I don't know who owns the NL back catalogue though...you can still get most of it on amazon or gemm.
HungupStrungup

Post by HungupStrungup »

You could do a whole lot worse than the 4-disc set called Doings, released by Demon. My copies of Jesus of Cool and Wilderness Years (neat, mostly pre-Stiff oddities) are also Demon releases, and both have the legend "Issued under license from Riviera Global Record Productions Ltd." The latter has a card that says "if you would like information about other Demon releases yada yada. . .," and you're to send it to:

Blackmail
Freepost (TK974)
PO Box 9
Brentford
Middx
TW8 8BR
United Kingdom

Maybe it's worth a try.
"But it's a dangerous game that comedy plays
Sometimes it tells you the truth
Sometimes it delays it"
TheComedian

Post by TheComedian »

LaughingCrow and Hungup,

Thanks for the information. I do indeed mean NL's solo records which had been on Columbia in the US. I have a Demon CD of Jesus of Cool, but none of the others. I used to have a cassette of Labour of Lust, and am pining for it, big time. I also really like all the Rose of England tracks on Basher.

I will try Blackmail and Gemm - I didn't know about Gemm, so thanks doubly! On the US amazon.com, there are used copies of various CDs, but I'm having a little trouble swallowing the $30-$50 per CD part.

Thanks again!
I don't care if I'm right or wrong,
Or if my typewriter can spell.
bobster

Post by bobster »

There are an awful lot of wau nifty basher records long out of print as far as I know. One that comes to mind is "The Abominable Showman"
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!