PREDICTIONS 2004

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
A rope leash

PREDICTIONS 2004

Post by A rope leash »

This link is pretty funny...

http://www.dissidentvoice.org/Articles9 ... ctions.htm

I predict that Elvis will have a number one hit by the end of the year. Unfortunately, it will be a duet with Diana Krall.

I also predict that Wille Nelson will very soon piss off a lot of rednecks and get rich doing it.

My hero.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Rope, you're a man in the know when it comes to conspiracies...have you heard the one about the US government being able to create convenient earthquakes?

As for 2004, yeah the US will have BSE, then probably CJD...but it won't devastate the industry, you've got too many carnivores there (as well as people who wouldn't stop eating MacDonalds even if their bigmac had been dipped in toxic dog shit).
Oh yeah, we'll start selling gm seeds to the third world, then making them pay for storing any seeds they collect because the corporations will have copyrighted the seeds...yes this is true, believe it or not. They will also find that any pesticide-gm plants will soon become useless as the insect populations become resistant to the crop (I could literally go on for hours about gm crops and why they're shit).

I don't think EC will have a number one unfortunately, he's not a young nubile boy/girl, or a rapper...so who'd buy it?

Who will die in 2004? This is fairly morbid....

BB King
Jimmy Saville
Prince Phillip
Mohammed Ali
Ted Heath
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

I don't think EC will have a number one unfortunately, he's not a young nubile boy/girl, or a rapper...so who'd buy it?
Neither is Gary Jules, so we can live in hope. My prediction is that Elvis will get back to his knitting, do a fab rock out record, and be number 1 next christmas. And monkeys will....
Verbal Kint

Post by Verbal Kint »

While Elvis, Steve, and Pete still have it in 'em to compose and produce a balanced rock and roll recording that would serve as the ultimate gratification for many of the contributors to this forum, I am completely convinced that the era is passed and will not recur for this artist and his troupe of brilliant musicians and contributors. While the ability and talent is immutable, one or more of these factors will preclude any return to the early sound that some of us still covet...and dream about:

1. EC has moved beyond this genre, has nothing more to prove, and more importantly, nothing more to challenge him except an occasional live outing that may be captured for posterity..., and/or:
2. Current influences (distractions?) will command so much of his creative energies that the market will be unaccepting of the genre that we know he masters, and/or;
3. "Legendary" projects will occupy EC for the foreseeable future. Recording with Rand R legends, covers, tributes, challenges (his, not ours) will devour his time and energy. He will record some great material, but will share credits via collaboration with a who's who of rock, jazz, country, and whatever strikes his fancy.

I predict that EC has done what he wants to do with the vehicles of the Attractions, the Imposters, and solo. The future will be influenced by his wife, and the circle of associates/peers, and fellow luminaries that will work with him to record for posterity, for the archives...for history.

Of course, I hope that I am completely in error with this prediction. I hope that he knocks the plaster and acoustic tiles off the ceiling of the studio, like he did a year ago at the Ackermann Hall on the UCLA campus. But I think that we are likely to see associations, sharing, and co-composing with others, which, in my opinion, will effectively act as diluent to one of the greatest talents of our time.

That being said, I would be first in line to purchase these collaboration recordings :

Elvis and Van Morrison
Elvis, the Imposters, and Graham Parker
Elvis, Steve, and Richard Thompson
Elvis, Steve, and Pat Metheny
A "rockpilian" project featuring Elvis, Dave Edmunds, Nike Lowe, and Brinsley Schwartz, and Graham Parker.

It's a new year. I have a few weeks to become completely jaded, so why not have a bit of fun with this.
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
- Verbal Kint
A rope leash

Conspiracies come true...

Post by A rope leash »

I think Elvis will get with Graham after he's fallen out with the mainstream celebrities he's hanging with now. It would be great if they got together for a "they're so tired of shooting protest singers" tour!

LaffyCrow, I could link you to a site that has some pretty crazy claims about earthquakes, UFO's, and modern diseases. For instance, they claim that two studies, one from Yale and one from U of Pittsburgh, show that almost a quarter of known Alzheimer's cases are actually CJD, also known as the human form of Mad Cow. They also claim that Aspertame, (the sweetener in most diet soft drinks), is actually the cause of early onset Parkenson's, which is what Micheal J. Fox has, and he is a Diet Pepsi addict. I'm hooked on Diet Coke, myself.

The site is http://www.rense.com

This coming month should shed some light on the 9-11 cover-ups. I hope it's enough to throw these neocons out!
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

laughingcrow wrote:

Who will die in 2004? This is fairly morbid....

BB King
Jimmy Saville
Prince Phillip
Mohammed Ali
Ted Heath
that's disgusting. i know a guy who works in a place where they actually have a pool for this...

ronald reagan
richard pryor
richard widmark
j d salinger
the pope

or it is safe in any year to lay a few quid on:

scott weiland
robbie knievel
gary busey
robert downey jr
keith richards
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

Keith Richards will never die. He's too well-pickled.

My money's on Marlon Brando.
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
A rope leash

Dead betting

Post by A rope leash »

I'd say the Pope is sure to go this year.

Maybe then someone will really listen to him...at least about what he has to say about war and killing...
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

They're not famous, but they're going to die in 2004

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/schedu ... utions.htm
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Isn't Reagan dead already?

Oh I just did a search and found out that he's not...but apparently the real Reagan died in 1982 and was taken over by worm-like aliens that had burrowed into his brain.

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/FIST20 ... eagan.html

I guess that explains Star Wars.

Hey Rope...the rense site is spiffing! :D Good work! Shame there's no Paul McCartney death hoax stuff though.

Talking about fun stuff..I've been researching West Nile virus recently, and was browsing around on your government's Centre for Disease Control and Prevention site when I found a link called HOAX RUMOURS. :D

http://www.cdc.gov/hoax_rumors.htm

Some of these are great! I love the fact that Coca Cola have got a website that dispells rumours about their products..

http://www2.coca-cola.com/contactus/myt ... index.html

I especially like the rumour about the Delhi student who died 'chugging Coke'....of course that's wrong! Must have been Pepsi!

Anyway, Im off to drink some Coke and MSG!
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Dead list

1. The Queen
2. Bruce Forsyth
3. Ringo Starr
4. Bobby Robson
5. Phil Collins
signed with love and vicious kisses
bobster

Post by bobster »

Since Gary Busey seems to alternately find Jesus, then a bottle of nembutol chased with a bottle of whiskey, then more Jesus, then more whiskey -- well, I just hope he dies at the right time at doesn't accidentally end up in hell, where all us nice-but-not-saved folks will be. I don't think I can take an eternity of stories about running your motorcycle into things.

I think Reagan and the Pope are fairly safe bets. Sure hope you're wrong about Ringo.

My prediction -- Michael Jackson. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I don't know what he'll die of, but the guy is heading toward (or in) the majorest of meltdowns. I don't think he can live for too long now that people no longer think of music when they hear his name.
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

You guys are dark.

I love you.
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
A rope leash

Willie Kucinich

Post by A rope leash »

oily slick

Re: Willie Kucinich

Post by oily slick »

A rope leash wrote:Thank you Willie Nelson!

http://www.kucinich.us/nelson_poe_song.php
so are you switching your allegiance from nader?

i really thought this deathwatch thing would catch on. i'll try a few more:

norman mailer
osama bin laden
joey bishop
courtney love
jerry lewis
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
double dutchess

Post by double dutchess »

Isn't Reagan dead already?

Oh I just did a search and found out that he's not...but apparently the real Reagan died in 1982 and was taken over by worm-like aliens that had burrowed into his brain.

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/FIST20 ... eagan.html

I guess that explains Star Wars.
I haven't laughed that hard all day, LC. :D
I wasn't born the sharpest thorn
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

miss buenos aries will get married

This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Is that Philip Seymour Hoffman? He's so not my type! Now, if this guy came along...
Last edited by miss buenos aires on Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

That is Philip Seymour Hoffman, in his role in The Big Lebowski.

I was clueing in more on the character name than the actor.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
miss buenos aires

I never saw that movie, what's his name?

(Yes, I know, I know, I should go out and see it right away, what kind of pseudo-intellectual am I?)
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Brandt
miss buenos aires

That's much cooler than other, similar-sounding names I could think of...

Shit, my other photo isn't showing anymore, I have to go change it.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Philip Seymour Hoffman is a genius! Glad to just acknowledge his ability.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

The island messageboard will be restored, with silent moderator.

Miss BA, he would have to decide which side to point his nose well in advance before you could kiss him.