Happy Xmas everyone!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Gillibeanz

Happy Xmas everyone!

Post by Gillibeanz »

Well its almost here again and time for reflection for me. The year has passed so quickly again, I cant believe that a whole year has raced past. My mum used to say time goes faster as you get older and I thinks shes right.

I always stop and have a good think about my life at xmas. I thank God that all of my family are still here with me. We take my parents to the cemetary the weekend before xmas to visit those that have gone, and each year I grow more fearful because I know its going to be them there before very long - my mum is 70 and my Dad 76 now. Time is precious and i'm going to make the most of what I have left with them.

I'm also grateful that I live in a good country where I have the freedom to say whatever I want without fear of being dragged away and made to 'disappear' . I have a nice house to live in and food in my belly - i am truely blessed. I think about those who are not having a good xmas for whatever reason their circumstances are, and pray that things will be better for them. Its a shames xmas is so commercialized now - a lot of it has lost its true meaning.

I hope everyone on this board has a happy and healthy xmas and a good new year. Have your indigestion /hangover tablets at the ready just in case! Thanks for all the hours of entertainment you give me, the laughs, the wisdom, and all the thought provoking comments. You are all a great bunch and I hope to see you all next year!
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

You too Gilli.

When I reflect on this year I realize what a good one it's been in the main. I got married which was the best day of my life and then had a wonderful honeymoon in Canada and Alaska, I turned 40 and had another party, I became an uncle again in August, I got to see Elvis twice and met him again and have completed some personal achievements. I constantly realise how lucky I am although Christmas really brings it home to me. I too am very lucky to have such good friends and family.

I am also very pleased to be part of this board. Whilst I still haven't physically met any of you, I am glad to have "met" people and have made a couple of very good board buddies. TRhanks to Taz and Blue Chair for all the work they put in.

Thanks to everyone for their fine contributions to the board. There have been some controversial statements but that's to be expected. It's important to be true to ourselves and stand up for what you believe in. It would be a boring place if we all had the same views. I've learnt a lot. Aside from that, the fun and laughter and a forum to share our thoughts is most welcome.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all. I wish you everything you wish yourself.

VG
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
John

Post by John »

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you both Gilli & VG and to all the members of this board.
sulkygirl
Location: The Absolute Armpit of the USA--Yakima, Washington (***cough***)

Post by sulkygirl »

God Bless Us, Everyone!!!

:wink:
"Love can be stranger than fiction..."
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

I'm away and offline for a few days, hope you all have a good one.
signed with love and vicious kisses
cosmos

Post by cosmos »

Happy holidays!! See you all next year!
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Lipstick and I wish you a very Happy Christmas. See you in about a week.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

Yeah....what everyone else said! See you sometime in 2004.

VG - it's been an absolute pleasure. :wink:
girl out of time

Post by girl out of time »

FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!! :wink:
...the promise of indulgence in my confidential voice approached inmortal danger but you´ll never know how close....
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

I want to wish everyone a very happy holiday season

and special holiday wishes go out to our old pal Narbawlz - wherever he may be.
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
bobster

Post by bobster »

Have a great holiday, all -- and remember to celebrate appropriately. Don't let your dreidels knock down your Christmas trees!
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Happy Holidays to you all from DrS and I and our gang. Please be safe and happy over the next few days. Here's a little cyber Hallmark card picture for all of you board people!

Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Thanks Gilli. Happy Christmas to one and all (it's Christmas Day as I write, better hit the sack, a long and exciting day ahead of me).

It's great to have some time at home to relax and take stock.

It's been fun with all of you, and looking forward to more laughs in 2004. I've been getting more and more into music as a direct resdult of this place, who says the internet is bad news for record companies? I've bought loads of great CDs (for me, but it would amount to CD starvation for Dr J and many others here), and saw Bowie and Costello (x 2), not to mention Brucie, Lloyd Cole and the Buzzcocks (boy am I up-to-the-minute).

The other thing that has marked this year has been people around me getting cancer. That and nearing 40 seem to have changed my perspective on my own mortality, so Gilli's words ring truer now than they would have 12 months ago. It's good to take stock, count your blessings and not take things for granted, today is a perfect opportunity.
Misha

Post by Misha »

Well, what a damned nice thread this turned out to be!!! Holy frijoles!!!

Thanks for the thoughts Gilli and VG...I too am looking forward to another year of all of us spouting off. :D

Merry Christmas to all may you get good things that you didn't even know you deserved.....and a day full of family and fun.
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Happy Christmas to all on the board, and to all those who make fill your life with light. Here's hoping that the coming year wil bring us all closer to fulfilling our destinies, and that we all have a happy time doing it.

:D
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

Crow: Couldn't help but notice the contrast between the heartfelt Christmas wishes and the smiling face in your avatar. :D

Merry Christmas!!
Last edited by DrSpooky on Thu Dec 25, 2003 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whtesde

Post by whtesde »

Merry Christmas, and may the New Year see you and your families well and happy. I don't post much, but I really love coming to the board and hearing about you guys. So, please, keep discussing, informing and arguing. 'Cause it's fantastic.

My holiday cheer is all used up now.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

hey whtesde, here's some more holiday cheer for you!

holiday cheer! wheeee! twirly spinny poppet!!!

now, wasn't that fun????

happy christmas to those of you for whom that sentiment is appropriate. happy day for those of you for whom that is better than happy xmas.

i'm off shortly to visit friends who have promised to serve smithfield ham. and i gotta say, that is a truly wonderful thing. i ADORE smithfield ham.

everybody take care! watch out for oncoming traffic, and hug somebody you like.

your poppet.
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

And so this is Christmas...

Health, wealth, wisdom and good music to all you lovely folks and your loved ones. And some nice champagne and chocolates, too! And that pair of jeans that fits perfectly, and a puppy, and... oh wait, those last are things I want. Well, I wish you all the huge happiness you deserve!

XOXOXO,

Wassail Mug
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

I love you all!
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
LessThanZero

More happys

Post by LessThanZero »

Happy Boxing Day!

Happy Stephens Day!

any more??
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.