Elvis inks exclusive Worldwide Music Publishing Deal With BMG

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Elvis inks exclusive Worldwide Music Publishing Deal With BMG

Post by sweetest punch »

https://techilive.in/elvis-costello-ink ... worldwide/

BUSINESS
Elvis Costello Inks Exclusive Worldwide Music Publishing Deal With BMG – Music Business Worldwide

By Nick J Adam On Jan 25, 2022

Legendary UK songwriter Elvis Costello has signed a worldwide, exclusive music publishing deal with BMG to represent his life’s work.

The deal includes his latest album The Boy Named If, which last week entered the Official UK Albums Chart at No.6, his highest chart position since 1994.

Under the agreement, BMG will administer the rights to all of his songs dating back to his debut album My Aim Is True, released in 1977.

A two-time Grammy Award winner – most recently in 2019 for Look Now – and Rock ‘n’ Roll Hall of Fame inductee, Elvis Costello has been a songwriting partner of Burt Bacharach, Paul McCartney, and Carole King.

His songs have been covered by Linda Ronstadt, Diana Krall, Johnny Cash, Roy Orbison, Zucchero, Dave Edmunds, and Chet Baker, as well as spawning at least six tribute albums from other performers.

The catalog includes songs featured on over 32 studio albums, of which 12 have charted in the UK Top 10.

His first three studio albums (released in 1977-79) all appeared in The Rolling Stone’s list of 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.

His catalog includes hits like Alison, Watching The Detectives, Everyday I Write The Book, Pump It Up, and Veronica.

The 2021 release of Spanish Model, a reimagining of Costello’s 1978 sophomore album This Year’s Model, saw vocals added in Spanish by Latin stars including Juanes and Luis Fonsi.

Alistair Norbury, BMG President Repertoire & Marketing UK, said: “It is not often that a catalogue as distinguished as Elvis Costello’s becomes available.

“We look forward to working with Elvis and his management to further raise awareness and appreciation of one of the greatest songwriters the UK has produced.”

Ian Ramage, BMG VP A&R UK, added: “Elvis really is the songwriters’ songwriter. As a music publisher, this is the quality of work we all aspire to represent.
Last edited by sweetest punch on Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Re: Elvis inks exclusive Worldwide Music Publishing Deal With BMG

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
krm

Post by krm »

new reissues on the way?
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

There was a similar announcement of a publishing deal in 2008, and it didn't generate much reissue activity.

http://www.elviscostellofans.com/phpBB3 ... f=2&t=7477
thepopeofpop

Post by thepopeofpop »

krm wrote:new reissues on the way?
Publishing is different to recordings. It's basically the collection of songwriting royalties and promotion of the songs (in terms of cover versions and placement of the songs in movies etc).

His recordings are distributed by UMG (a different company) and that hasn't changed.

As the article says:
"Under the agreement, BMG will administer the rights to all of his songs dating back to his debut album My Aim Is True, released in 1977."

So, all this means is that a new company get to "administer" his songs. All the boring admin stuff that pays the bills.
--Paul--
Now put on your ironic dancing shoes
And dig my brand new rhythm and hues:
https://www.paulinglis.org
Hawksmoor

Post by Hawksmoor »

Thought bubbles left to right.
1: 'Think we've stitched him up pretty nicely there'.
Elvis: 'Think I've stitched them up pretty nicely there. Might write a song about this'.
3: 'Think we've stitched him up pretty nicely there'.
4: 'No clue who these people are. I was just walking across the hotel lobby to get a coffee from the machine'.
WallyRando

Post by WallyRando »

:lol: