Late Shows

Pretty self-explanatory
so lacklustre

Late Shows

Post by so lacklustre »

Seems EC is doing the rounds on the US talk shows.
NEW:
2003-11-20tv: LA, Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn - ???
2003-11-19tv: NBC, Late Night With Conan O'Brien - ???
2003-11-14tv: LA, Tonight Show With Jay Leno - ???
From JE's site
http://www.elviscostello.info/whatsnew.html
signed with love and vicious kisses
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

I can't see Elvis playing to Kilborn's crowd....
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

He needs to make his way back to NYC for Letterman!
sulkygirl
Location: The Absolute Armpit of the USA--Yakima, Washington (***cough***)

Post by sulkygirl »

Hey... I like Kilborn...

But I like John Stewart (Comedy Central) better....

:wink:
"Love can be stranger than fiction..."
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

LessThanZero wrote:I can't see Elvis playing to Kilborn's crowd....
It's the material, LTZ. Same reason he could play on Regis & Kelly. If he were promoting WIWC, he wouldn't have been on that show. But Kilborn's crowd is more similar to Conan O'Brien's crowd, even though I don't particularly like Kilborn.

Leno on the other hand usually favours more pop-oriented musical guests.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

I thought Kilborn was funny on Sportscenter and Daily show, but I never ever watch his show now, b/c conan is way better.

Craigers crowd just seems so rowdy and sexed-up. Is he going to try to sing a song from North?!? :shock:
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Who's Kilborn?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Craig Kilborn, laughingcrow. He hosts a late night show that airs after The Late Show with David Letterman on the American network CBS. He's on at the same time as Late Night with Conan O'Brien on NBC.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Watching_Detectives

Post by Watching_Detectives »

I also liked Kilborn on Sports Center and the Daily Show better. I have only caught his show once though. I am a huge Conan fan.
It nearly took a mircacle to get you to stay
It only took my little finger to blow you away.
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

Watching_Detectives wrote:I also liked Kilborn on Sports Center and the Daily Show better. I have only caught his show once though. I am a huge Conan fan.
AMEN TO THAT!
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

I love Conan. Craig is boring and arrogant and always has been. Jon Stewart is so much a better fit for the Daily Show.

But Conan rocks. Funny, funny, funny. :)
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I read the other day that Conan might bring Late Night to Toronto for a week in February. Kinda like how Conan and Letterman have brought their shows to L.A. for a week in the past. If he does, I am so going! I don't care what it takes!
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

ME TOO BLUE!
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

I went to a taping of the Kilborn show a couple of years ago - and it was awful. I'd never seen a show taped before, so it was kind of cool in a way - but even more phony than you can imagine. The audience doesn't really give a shit about Kilborn - the hooting and holloring is a all staged. I downloaded the tickets off of the internet a few days before the taping. Keb Mo was the musical guest and I thought he was pretty good.

I must say it was kind of neat, again in a bizzaro way, to watch the Price Is Right crowd leaving the studio with their name tags still on. It was also cool to be in the same building where the Carol Burnett show was taped.

Also, while waiting in line some of the "handlers" were trying to talk (begging) people into being part of the next night's audience for Politically Incorrect (even though it was on ABC they taped at CBS).
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

I went to a lot of tapings in Hollywood back in the 80's and it is funny to see how things work. Also, my mom was on Wheel Of Fortune in 1983, actually the first episode ever of the nighttime version. I got to run out on stage when she won at the end. But lots of things are weird at the tapings.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

The only TV taping I've ever been to is of a Canadian show called Royal Canadian Air Farce... kind of a political-humour sketch comedy show up here. I used to love it before realizing that Canadian politics isn't THAT funny :lol:
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

I heard it's really hard to get on the Wheel of Fortune. My wife is always smacking me because I'm pretty good at solving the puzzles. I try to explain that it's next to impossible to get on and in any case, it's much much at home with nothing at stake.

It's really cool that your mom won. What did she get? Were the taxes outrageous? Was this before they were giving out cash and you had to "shop" after winning a game?

I've watched too much television and this has nothing to do with Elvis Costello. Sorry.
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

haHA! That's hilarious Blue.

ok blue, what's the next item in this sequence?

Beef, Pork, Lamb, Veal, ___ ____
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

It's okay, BWAP. Like I said, it was 1983 and it was the first night version, so up until then it was only the daytime show. But that first show still had the crappy prizes that you had to spend your money on.

At the end during the final round, she won a Trans Am. You'd have to know my mom, and she and I don't really talk much now, but she bargained with them to trade off a bunch of the stuff. She got a Tiffany's catalog to order something else rather than whatever it was that was offered on the show that night. She traded the car in to the local Pontiac dealer and kept the money. What I do remember though is that the IRS was there right off stage waiting for her after she won and my dad was pissed later because it threw the taxes off that year. :?
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

ahh, the memories, eh pooky? :? :wink:
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

The Max Weinberg 7 just played (What's So Funny Bout) peace love and understanding!!!

Conan: Nice.