Party Party song

Pretty self-explanatory
blinkfan

Party Party song

Post by blinkfan »

i was wondering if any1 had this song its pretty old from 1982 and i think it was only released as a single and on the soundtrack for party party the movie i think would anybody be able to upload it for me thanks
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

Ain't got it, but it's a great, fun song - coulda been done by Madness. Elvis hates it, and hasn't allowed it to be on any of the reissues, but someone here will deffo have it for you.
Mikeh

Post by Mikeh »

I have always liked Party Party and I know it has been well documented that Elvis hates it.....but what do other readers rate as his worst song, or the one they dislike most. I have always disliked Glitter Gulch and Little Palaces, though they are from my favourite album!
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

Besides the ABBA cover everything else on For The Stars is way more shitty than Party Party. Very much of its time Elvis was going through an expensive marriage breakup at the time so he probably had to sacrifice his principles just the once to do it. Posting mp3s of copyright material like this is not allowed around here. But since the now deleted 1998 cd release of the movie soundtrack is now going for horrendous prices I think it should be ok to share it this way, which I'll endeavour to do later, presuming I survive Festen at the Gate this evening.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

The bro. seems to have forgotten that the track is on this ( even if the Amazon listing does not mention it ; my copy has the disc) -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Singles-Vol-2-E ... TF8#disc_1

Singles Vol.2 [Single] [Box set]
~ Elvis Costello
blinkfan

Post by blinkfan »

could someone please upload it for me
charliestumpy

Party Party

Post by charliestumpy »

This track is available commercially (I love my little vinyl single I bought in 1982 although IMO the sound especially on LP12 is naff).

It is often 'seen' apparently on e.g. 'Soulseek' for trial listening before purchase.
Mikeh

Post by Mikeh »

Martin wrote that "the now deleted 1998 cd release of the movie soundtrack is now going for horrendous prices" which prompted me to put mine on ebay......it just sold for £3.20. Ah, well I can't retire just yet!
ChokingOnMyPrideandPity

I like that song

Post by ChokingOnMyPrideandPity »

"so you overdose on aftershave and try to slash your wrists". Not quite as good as "I wish you luck with a capitol F" but I like the line anyway.