the Ranked River In Reverse

Pretty self-explanatory
King Hoarse

the Ranked River In Reverse

Post by King Hoarse »

This is what we think of the man's latest succesful effort to impress the world:

1. Who's Gonna Help Brother Get Further?
2. Ascension Day
3. The River In Reverse
4. Freedom For The Stallion
5. The Sharpest Thorn
6. Tears, Tears & More Tears
7. Nearer To You
8. Broken Promise Land
9. Six-Fingered Man
10. On Your Way Down
11. International Echo
12. Wonder Woman
13. All These Things

First this looked unsurprising - it's my Top 4 in the lead - but then I realized my #5 is the least popular one, which is hard to grasp. (I'm guessing it's the Straining Pear syndrome.)

the last bunch of rankers: King Hoarse, BlueChair, pophead2k, sexysadie7, Who Shot Sam?, alexv, so lacklustre, mood swung, VonOfterdingen, martin, Fishfinger king, The Deliveryman, wardo68, LessThanZero, wolfcat.
What this world needs is more silly men.
oldhamer

Post by oldhamer »

All These Things bottom? What strange and disturbing times we live in...
If there were a king of fools than I would wear that crown/And you can all die laughing/Because I'll wear it proudly.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Ascension Day #2? Further proof!
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

.......and the title track at three :? :? :?

Wouldn't be in the same league as the rest of the album for me.
corruptio optimi pessima
King Hoarse

Post by King Hoarse »

Jackson Monk wrote:.......and the title track at three :? :? :?

Wouldn't be in the same league as the rest of the album for me.
No one ranked it as #1 (Tears & Thorn got two each) and only one #2 but no one seemed to hate it either.

Then again, as with Almost Blue and Kojak Variety, not a lot of people ranked this one. I guess most of the people who love it are not rankers by nature and if they were I think the list would be quite different.
What this world needs is more silly men.
migdd

Post by migdd »

King Hoarse said:
Then again, as with Almost Blue and Kojak Variety, not a lot of people ranked this one. I guess most of the people who love it are not rankers by nature and if they were I think the list would be quite different.

Indeed, KH! I have a really difficult time ranking album tracks, particularly of new releases, and I didn't participate in this one, as well. I love this album (carnally 8) ) and would probably rank Sharpest Thorn, Ascension Day and Six Fingered Man at the top of the list. But I also adore International Echo, Freedom for the Stallion and All These Things. RIR is not one of my top 5 faves on the CD but it's a great song nonetheless. It's really difficult to rank an album with nary a weak track. A really strong album like Mighty Like a Rose still has a weak track or two (middle of side 2) but RIR sparkles from beginning to end with hardly a misstep in between!!!
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

migdd wrote:King Hoarse said:

Indeed, KH! I have a really difficult time ranking album tracks, particularly of new releases, and I didn't participate in this one, as well. I love this album (carnally 8) ) and would probably rank Sharpest Thorn, Ascension Day and Six Fingered Man at the top of the list. But I also adore International Echo, Freedom for the Stallion and All These Things. RIR is not one of my top 5 faves on the CD but it's a great song nonetheless. It's really difficult to rank an album with nary a weak track. A really strong album like Mighty Like a Rose still has a weak track or two (middle of side 2) but RIR sparkles from beginning to end with hardly a misstep in between!!!
I'd agree with almost all of this - except i still think the title track is dull as ditchwater.
corruptio optimi pessima
stormwarning

Re: the Ranked River In Reverse

Post by stormwarning »

King Hoarse wrote: the last bunch of rankers: King Hoarse, BlueChair, pophead2k, sexysadie7, Who Shot Sam?, alexv, so lacklustre, mood swung, VonOfterdingen, martin, Fishfinger king, The Deliveryman, wardo68, LessThanZero, wolfcat.

What a bunch of rankers
Where's North from 'ere?
mood swung

hello mr. warning

Post by mood swung »

stormwarning

Post by stormwarning »

Maybe I didn't get that particular memo, but how and when did I become to be known as "Mr. Potatohead" ? Or is it just your pet name for me...

I just want to state categorically that I do NOT have a moustache. The rest of it is pretty accurate though, with the exception that the real stormwarning has genitals.
Where's North from 'ere?
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Toy Story. A long time ago. In a galaxy far, far away.

But never mind - I was just waving. :D
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

In the "post subject" it says "hello mr. warning". But it did confuse me too at first.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
stormwarning

Post by stormwarning »

Now I remember! I'll try to live up to my billing.
Where's North from 'ere?